I'm glad to see Nathan Rourke has signed and training camp with the BC Lions. It sounds like he is expected to make the roster because there is actually conversation about his playing time.

From CFL.ca ...

BC: Rourke run game package?

A quote from Lions offensive coordinator Jordan Maksymic jumped out to me on Monday. He was discussing rookie Canadian rookie QB Nathan Rourke’s skill set and stated, “He has exceptional arm talent. The athleticism and ability to run just adds more to his game. It would be beneficial to try to get him on the field when we can.”

That made me wonder when, where and how you could ever get Nathan Rourke on the field when Michael Reilly is the face of the franchise and can still make every throw on the field. Aside from useless short yardage and body bruising third-down snaps, the only solution I could come up with was a limited but effective run game package for Rourke out of the gun. An unlikely dream, but a wishful thought to fit the Canadian on field a couple snaps a game with hope for more in the future when Reilly completes his CFL journey.