THE BATTLE TO CONTAIN COVID-19

Dr. Allen Sills, the NFL’s chief medical officer, was on the phone Saturday ... the time seemed to be right to check in with Sills on where the league is now, and where all this is going. And over about a half hour late Saturday, we covered a lot of ground. Here are five main points we covered.

Games aren’t spreading the virus. And that’s games, believe it or not, in just about any sport. I’ve been saying for a while that I couldn’t think of a single example of the virus being transmitted on the field, and Sills confirmed that for me.

“We have seen zero evidence of transmission player-to-player on the field, either during games or practices, which I think is an important and powerful statement,” Sills said. “And it also confirms what other sports leagues have found around the world. We regularly communicate with World Rugby, Australian rules football, European soccer leagues. To date, no one has documented a case of player-to-player transmission in a field sporting environment.

“Obviously, I don’t think we’re at the point where we’d say it cannot occur, but none of us have seen yet, and that’s certainly encouraging.”

The full story - https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/11/09/mm...-giants-saints

What a waste that so few young Canadians were able to play any youth sports this year.

It's not like we didn't know that almost no Covid-19 transmission takes place outdoors. Oh! But we can't take that chance!

Gee, I haven't read recently about how high school football in the USA was going to lead to more deaths. In some states teams have already played 10 games. Why no more negative reports? No deaths? Are outdoor youth sports not the driver of transmission the fear mongers were telling us?