Thread: Football and Covid-19

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by ottawafan View Post
    ^^^^^^^
    Hydroxychloroquine has not yet proven to be the drug of choice for Covid-19.

There are four drugs previously used for other infections that are currently being used in clinical human trials for Covid-19.

favipiravir, remdesivir, lopinavir and hydroxychloroquine (or chloroquine).

Maybe one will emerge as the drug of choice. Maybe none will.
    All I know is what I read.

There seems to be an unfathomable opposition to the use of hydroxychloroquine, despite racking up cure rates beyond all expectations wherever it has been used. The "side effects" excuse carries no weight because it (or chloroquine) has been used since 1944. There exists no theory as to why there might arise a side effect for Wuhan virus patients which does not exist in malaria or lupus patients who currently take the drug, or MERS patients who formerly took it.

I have serious doubts about the veracity of the scientific community. Fauci has been a government scientist for a long time. In 2013 he was excited about chloroquine when used for MERS. Before that he was wrong on every aspect of the HIV/AIDS issue. So is he honest? Is he competent? Does he have a track record of success on things like this? He could easily be viewed as a borderline expert, minimally more informed than Joe Blow out there, who is being put forward simply because he has a trustworthy look about him.

Other countries seem eager to utilize drugs. Canada and the USA seem to want to make us suffer for a year or more while a vaccine is developed. Due to everything that's happened, I suspect that vaccine-makers sense a big payday and don't want it sidetracked by the accidental discovery of a cheap drug (past patent protection) which works.

Why would the governor of Nevada ban its use? And then get caught hoarding it? Why would the governor of New York authorize a study (by Dr. Oz, no less), then cancel it? The governor of Michigan also instituted a ban, but when the drug saved the life of a state rep (in her own party) the media suddenly went silent on that. (Keep an eye on Bill Gates-affiliated companies. They apparently have connections.)

There is a meme going around amongst young men: "Government buildings are flammable, and gas is cheap right now."
    Last edited by Hollywood; 2020-04-11 at 21:44.
    YOU DESERVE TO SEE CANADA'S BEST!
    CLICK HERE FOR THE 2019 OHT27!.