Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laval's Nazi-ish Symbols

Hybrid View

Default Laval's Nazi-ish Symbols

Shall I remember this to pull out at the appropriate time in the fall? Oh, yes I shall.....

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/m...ster-1.3489455
    Carleton: frightened by the Queen's Bands since 2014.

The symbols and colors used in the Laval Crest and Flag were borrowed directly from the family crest of Saint(since 2014) Francois de Montmorency-Laval who died 220 years before the founding of the German Nazi Party so if anything, Albert Speer is the copycat....a sad fact that very few of the idiots commenting on the CBC website seem to grasp.

Another case of Political Correctness and SWJ run amok.

Just like WLU , taking down J-A McDonald statue earlier this month !
    Train ride to a home game..$80, season tickets $198. Beer and hotdogs at the game $20, Championship Cap and player's jersey,$100.
    Trip to Vanier Cup 2012,$500. Trip to 2013 Vanier Cup and having a cool lunch with Jim Mullin the next day, $200.
    Being a fan of the only team with 4 consecutive years in the Championship Game, 3 Vanier Cups in front of THEM , 9 Vanier Cups ahead of UdeMontreal...PRICELESS

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledFan View Post
    The symbols and colors used in the Laval Crest and Flag were borrowed directly from the family crest of Saint(since 2014) Francois de Montmorency-Laval .... so if anything, Albert Speer is the copycat....
    so... you're saying that Francois de Montmorency-Laval was an inspiration to early architects of the Nazi party?

Quote Originally Posted by boysda View Post
    so... you're saying that Francois de Montmorency-Laval was an inspiration to early architects of the Nazi party?
    Remember the SS had "god is with us" on their armband.
    I would rather win ugly than lose pretty. Bobby Bowden

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. tanstaafl

He clearly knew of the evil that was to come... and I'm not talking about the stuff in Germany.

People were doing terrible things to Johnny Mac. The old bastard would have liked some of the stuff, but, some of the other stuff... yeesh.

Although honestly - how does this generate 371 comments on the CBC website?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuy View Post
    Your first mistake was looking at the comments section on a news site. Nothing good can some of that.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuy View Post
    Yea!
    So next time the CBC big shot starts with how they broadcast quality programming for the "educated and worldly " segment of the canadian population , and lords it over private broadcasters , citing the CBC's "sacred" mission to educate the viewers and enhance canadian culture....remember the idiocies written by the commenting "educated and worldly" viewers .
    And tell your MPs to vote NO on any CBC budget increases.
    Train ride to a home game..$80, season tickets $198. Beer and hotdogs at the game $20, Championship Cap and player's jersey,$100.
    Trip to Vanier Cup 2012,$500. Trip to 2013 Vanier Cup and having a cool lunch with Jim Mullin the next day, $200.
    Being a fan of the only team with 4 consecutive years in the Championship Game, 3 Vanier Cups in front of THEM , 9 Vanier Cups ahead of UdeMontreal...PRICELESS

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledFan View Post
    Yea!
    So next time the CBC big shot starts with how they broadcast quality programming for the "educated and worldly " segment of the canadian population , and lords it over private broadcasters , citing the CBC's "sacred" mission to educate the viewers and enhance canadian culture....remember the idiocies written by the commenting "educated and worldly" viewers .
    And tell your MPs to vote NO on any CBC budget increases.
    Why so negative about CBC/Radio Canada? On second thought don't bother to tell me--I've heard all that crap too many times before.
    Last edited by Maple; 2016-03-18 at 19:10.
    Go Gaiters Go. Playing Canadian Rugby/Football since 1884.
    Allez les Gaiters. Jouant le rugby/football canadien depuis 1884.

This is ridiculous. Not going to say more than that since ExiledFan already said everything.
    Gaels & Rouge et Or Baby!

Laval's more general problem is that the eagles in the Laval crest, when isolated, are evocative of the German eagle - and so no matter what you associate the Laval eagle with, Laval runs the risk that some nazi used a similar design.

The best advice might be - just don't use that eagle by itself. Only use it as part of the crest.

With all the controversy about Trump and Nazis and whatnot, it reminds me of what happened over last night's dinner when one of my pals told me that he, who's from Ottawa, used to call Gatineau as their 'Mexico'......we joked around over the next hour on building a huge wall on the provincial border and on the riverbanks.....

Quote Originally Posted by LiveBreatheFootball View Post
    With all the controversy about Trump and Nazis and whatnot, it reminds me of what happened over last night's dinner when one of my pals told me that he, who's from Ottawa, used to call Gatineau as their 'Mexico'......we joked around over the next hour on building a huge wall on the provincial border and on the riverbanks.....

Dude, you guys need to save your cash for a bigger wall on the southern border, in the unlikely event Trump wins down here.

Dude, you guys need to save your cash for a bigger wall on the southern border, in the unlikely event Trump wins down here.
    Don't bother with it. Trump will build one to protect the USA from our "eleven months winters".
    I would rather win ugly than lose pretty. Bobby Bowden

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. tanstaafl

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Don't bother with it. Trump will build one to protect the USA from our "eleven months winters".
    Yes, but will he demand that we pay for it?

i'm thinkin' you guys will need one to keep us refugees out....

i'm thinkin' you guys will need one to keep us refugees out....
    Nah, you guys can just flock to most of New Brunswick and Cape Breton Island on cars :P We do need people on Maritimes, y'know.

Kingston, ON is far enough from the US border (which is theortically over the Lake Ontario/St.Lawrence River) so no need for that yet

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    I'll take even 9 month winters over what was a horrible winter in Kingston this year....
    Last edited by LiveBreatheFootball; 2016-03-16 at 15:51.

The far left is simply about hatred. They figure out a way to hate everybody even other SJWarriors. You see the far left constantly turning on eachother "your not progressive enough and you should be punished for it".

This laval nazi stuff just typical witchhunt garbage.

CBC has adopted garbage globalist viewpoints they think they can cram down people throats, right in line with bbc, cnn and the rest

Are you really so eager to be offended that you had to dig up a 17 month old thread just to complain in? Quit being such a snowflake. Football season has started. Lets talk football rather than politics.

the asian general lee ban at espn got me fired up (I'm calmer now) and so did't realise how old this was,

quote from article-

According to analysis from The Winston Group: “More critically for the NFL, the fall off in favorables occurred among important audiences.”

"Among males, NFL favorables fell 23 percent, going from 68 percent to 45 percent. In looking at a more specific audience, males 34-54, NFL favorables fell 31 percent, going from 73 percent to 42 percent. Among this group the NFL has a surprising negative image, as it went from +54 percent in August to -5 percent in September,” it added.

According to the poll, Major League Baseball is now the most popular major sport in the U.S., with six out of 10 people viewing the sport favorably.

I should add I don't like trump either (since his name is in this thing) I'm just sick off all the SJW garbage pushed on people who just want to enjoy the game.... enough already.
    Last edited by ReginaRamsFan; 2017-10-10 at 23:07.

Take a peek what happened to the mighty NFL when they join SJWs, Soros, and espn in forcing a culture war on hard working people who just want to watch the game. espn refused to learn the lesson, the NFL made the same mistake, who's next? whoever it is will fall next (if the nfl can fall nobody is immune)

http://www.newsweek.com/nfl-now-leas...l-shows-680168

As a football lover I hate to see the game take a hit, but you mess with the bull your gonna get the horns.........

Regardless of him kneeling and whatnot, let's all agree on the fact that Kaepernick's not resigned by another team because he's played flat out terrible since Harbaugh's departure, with constant regression instead of progression. The guy has great physical attributes but no smarts, and that's never a good sign for a QB unless you have the Cam Newton-level potential which he doesn't.

Of course, Cam Newton's willing to work with coaches and is also a pretty funny guy. Just sayin'.

I agree with that on Kapernick. just not a good enough QB, and his politics are basically approaching extreme dumbassitude.

I even agree with sjws occasionally on some police brutality (eric garner for instance) and outragous abuse of power. But none of that belongs on espn to be constantly pushed on people who just want to watch the game. If I started posting this stuff on the main board instead of the pub martin would rightfully tell me it doesn't belong there, move it to the pub. Well the american people are telling these extreme sjws that thier garbage belongs on msnbc, not in the Game/espn.