Thread: CJ could we have a GAME Final Scores section?

Hybrid View

Default CJ could we have a GAME Final Scores section?

CJ, the last couple of years I have been thinking that it would be great to have a section of Dot Org that is just for Weekly Final Scores, a place that you can pop in and check final scores and perhaps a couple of highlights if the moderator had the time on the game. A one stop shop for catching up on final scores from accross the country.

I think it might be quite popular, and perhaps it could be left open for fans to post final scores as the games finish....that a MOD could do a little recap of scores and make a sticky out of it??? Then the thread is locked and people can't post anything new, until the next weeks games......then as the season progressed you have one thread that is nothing but game final scores.

What do you think?
    THE DOGFATHER
    Pride and Loyalty
    Maroon and White for Life

Seeing updated standings would also be cool. Especially since www.universitysport.ca is complete garbage. Might be a lot of work for someone though.

It would be nice to have all the final scores and current standings in one place.

we can just make a thread each week. maybe marton could sticky it and make sure that just final scores are getting posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cstbrophy View Post
    we can just make a thread each week. maybe marton could sticky it and make sure that just final scores are getting posted.
    I plan on being busy attending Laval games weekly, hopefully all the way to the Vanier (football gods willing).

So don't count on me.

If someone wants to start a thread with all the results and edit it as results come in, I can offer to clean it up afterwards to keep only the original post in it's final version. Not sure the usefulness of that though... the conferences all have standings with boxscores and everything soon after the games are over.

The CIS twitter feed has regular updates if that's what you're looking for during game days. http://twitter.com/CIS_SIC
    Laval Rouge et Or

The Rouge et Or are a special program. By far the strongest in the nation and likely the greatest program ever. - Duane Rollins, Sept 2nd 2008

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

We usually post all the scores in the order of the Top 10 on Sunday at ufrc.wordpress.com.

It's not perfect, but it's something.

there must be a way we can do this......Sunday is too late, and now you have to go through a dozen different threads to get yourself up to date. Can a twitter be imported into a box on Dot Org?

In my mind it would be a grate resource and would help casual fans as well as us hard core fans. I can see the day when as each game ends in real time and the stats populate and show up here in real time.

You gotta have a dream!!!!
    THE DOGFATHER
    Pride and Loyalty
    Maroon and White for Life

I totally agree that it would be a great tool to have - the searching can get arduous when all you want to know is how Windsor, Calgary, and MTA fared on Saturday evening; just the scores, that's all.

Anyone up for the task??

The Twitter feed is unreliable and often has scores missing, or too far down to find easily. Just a simple list of scores which is updated, and to which nobody adds commentary, would suffice.

TweetDeck is the way I stay on top of following Twitter, HootSuite is another program as well (although that one is more business oriented). But both of these allow you to organize all your twitter contacts into columns, you don't have to worry about scrolling down your main profile page at all.

It's actually great on gameday because I have a column just dedicated to CIS contacts so it's one score update after the next and very easy to scroll thru. I personally recommend it to all those into Twitter.
    Take me home, country roads

GO HAWKS GO!