Thread: Individual Top 10s - Oct 19th

Default Individual Top 10s - Oct 19th

My ballot :

1- Laval (1) | Beatable, but always #1.
    2- Queen's (2) | Would beat Sask and Dinos, may be not in 2 weeks.
    3- Sask (7) | Climbing as the playoffs approach.
    4- Calgary (4) | Could be #3 if it wasn't for Nill's bad call...
    5- Montréal (2) | Very good team playing roller coaster.
    6- Western (5) | Tumbling as the playoffs approach.
    7- Alberta (NR) | Could be a poison, they just have to not drink it themselves.
    8- Sherbrooke (NR) | Beating #2 as to worth something, their sched makes them «rats in a corner», beware the bite !
    9- SMU (9) | I know X beat them, but I think they are more ready with playoffs coming.
    10- Ottawa (10) | See #7

Out of my Top 10 :
    StFX : losing to a 1-4 team was like getting to that long serpent in the ladder game.
    Regina : Alberta showed they were better.
    Laval Rouge & OR - The Greatest CIS/SportsU team the Earth has ever seen !™ 1999 - 2003 - 2004 - 2006 - 2008 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016 - 2018 - 201_ and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Bizz View Post
    6- Western (5) | Tumbling as the playoffs approach.
    I'm not sure tumbling is the right word. Losing by one point to Queen's isn't the end of the world for the Mustangs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Fan View Post
    I'm not sure tumbling is the right word. Losing by one point to Queen's isn't the end of the world for the Mustangs.
    Agreed except that its now been 3 weeks of the Pony`s defence
    failling to stop people. Im starting to wonder if they`ll hold up in the play-offs.
    Train ride to a home game..$80, season tickets $198. Beer and hotdogs at the game $20, Championship Cap and player's jersey,$100.
    Trip to Vanier Cup 2012,$500. Trip to 2013 Vanier Cup and having a cool lunch with Jim Mullin the next day, $200.
    Being a fan of the only team with 4 consecutive years in the Championship Game, 3 Vanier Cups in front of THEM , 9 Vanier Cups ahead of UdeMontreal...PRICELESS

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Fan View Post
    but losing your starting Qb is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizz View Post
    Out of my Top 10:
    StFX : losing to a 1-4 team was like getting to that long serpent in the ladder game.
    As much as I hate to admit it...

Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    but losing your starting Qb is.
    hmmm...i missed that...is Faulds injured?
    too far east...

Quote Originally Posted by rimorg View Post
    hmmm...i missed that...is Faulds injured?
    Got hurt in 2nd half, but came back soon after that. Missed one, maybe two, series.
    Laval Rouge et Or

The Rouge et Or are a special program. By far the strongest in the nation and likely the greatest program ever. - Duane Rollins, Sept 2nd 2008

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Faulds actually only missed one down.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Marshall rest him this week against Toronto.

This is how I will vote in the Fans top 10 this week. Along with a comment or two.

1. Queens-- only unbeaten team in CIS football, IMHO deserves this spot.
    2. Laval--Normally, I don't reward teams for beating up in inferior opponents but due to losses by other teams, Laval gets this spot.
    3. Sask---quietly building confidence.
    4. Calgary--Normally, I do not like to reward teams that had a bye, I used an exemption here.
    5. St. Francis Xavier--Bad loss to Bishops but it is one game in a season.
    6. Montreal--Now I know the truth about this team.
    7. St. Marys--big game against the X-Men.
    8. McMaster--Ugly win vs. Windsor but a win
    9. UWO--Losing to Queens may mean a trip to Kingston for Yates Cup Final-if UWO and Queens take care of business.
    10. Ottawa--Giving up 31 points to York? No excuse for this.
    Last edited by thejumpoff; 2009-10-18 at 07:51.

Laval - that didn't take long, thank you Sherbrooke
    Queen's - that was a big character win against Western
    Calgary - bye
    Western - 1 point short of beating Queen's (or technically tying), need to review 2-minute defensive strategy
    Saskatchewan - improving, but will need to show yet more consistency before I move them higher
    Montreal - got the talent but are mentally unstable, nothing new there

Why can't we do a top 6? There is always such a huge gap between 6 and 7. Anyway...

Alberta - they beat Regina
    Laurier - they beat Guelph
    SMU - they beat McGill
    Sherbrooke - they beat Montreal
    Last edited by marton; 2009-10-18 at 08:24.
    Laval Rouge et Or

The Rouge et Or are a special program. By far the strongest in the nation and likely the greatest program ever. - Duane Rollins, Sept 2nd 2008

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Alright, here's my top 10 for this week:

1. Queen's - only undefeated team in CIS deserves respect
    2. Laval - rebounded well and will be tough in the playoffs with Groulx in the roster
    3. Calgary - only loss to Saskatchewan in OT
    4. Montreal - one bad game in the system this week against Sherbrooke but still beat Laval
    5. Saskatchewan - gaining momentum but earlier weak performances (including a loss to Alberta) can't be deleted
    6. Western - played Queen's tightly but might regret that loss to McMaster in the playoffs
    7. St. Mary's - not too impressive so far this year, let's see if they can beat St. FX next week
    8. St. FX - still 5-1 so can't kick them out of top 10 yet IMHO but losing to Bishop's at home is not pretty
    9. Ottawa - not a convincing win against poor York
    10. I'll go with Laurier here since McMaster barely beat Windsor in OT; Alberta for beating Saskatchewan or Sherbrooke for beating Montreal could be other valid choices
    Rouge et Or all the way!

"A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall" - Vince Lombardi

Here`s my tentative list:

1) Laval - By virtue of Montreal`s loss. Laval never does what Montreal just did.
    2) Calgary - I`ll leave them here for now. If Sask solidly beats AB next week, I will move Sask ahead. IMHO Sask is the better team but Calgary has been more consistent.
    3) Sask - starting to look like I thought they would look at the start of the year. A convincing win on the road against the Herd is huge in my books.
    4) Queens - The best of the OUA but I`m worried about their D. Brannigan certainly throws a nice ball though.
    5) Montreal - Talk about a one pump dump. All the tools but it will never happen.
    6) Western - Starting to look pretty banged up but I would still not bet against them in the OUA. Like Queens, I don`t think their D will carry them outside the conference.
    7) Laurier - Starting to make some noise. They have upset potential.
    8) SMU - Will beat X convincingly next week.
    9) Alberta - A nice solid win against the Rams. I thought the Rams would win this.
    10) Sherbrooke - A nice win this week deserves some recognition.

Out:
    X - Top 10 teams probably don`t lose at home to Bishops.
    Ottawa - sorry but that counts as a loss in my rankings

Reasons my rankings may change before tomorrow:
    1) Queens could be 2) instead of 4) but I perceive (correctly or incorrectly) a lack of D in the OUA, which is problematic. The top teams really pass the ball well though.
    2) I could potentially find it in my heart to leave X in but it would require an aneurysm

1 Laval - back where they should be after Carabins' meltdown

2 Queens - undefeated, but D unconvincing vs. Western - disappointed in them

3 Calgary - one loss ... on a poor overtime decision

4 Montreal - hopefully for them, a one game lame-o performance

5 Western - can score points, but very iffy on D

6 Sask. - solid i guess but hardly convincing on the season

7 SMU - same as Sask. again

8 Alberta - can hang in there and might surprise in the play-offs

9 McMaster - same as Alberta

10 StFX - brutal loss vs. a mediocre Q team - maybe deserve to drop out of top 10?