Thread: La Tuque achieved another First

Hybrid View

Default La Tuque achieved another First

After 18 weeks of confinement, I am very proud to report another first.

This morning, at 0521 hrs, I finished reading ALL THE 22,190 POSTS on dot.org, including the 13,764 by my buddy Marton.

To be honest, most of the reading was really enjoyable, but, honestly, some posts made me cringe at times, in particular those by 24 and Informed (who, by the way, hasn't been on the forum since Nov 16, 2019)...

Some were so f&%"/! boring it makes me regret the "cycle" of life. My next project is to write a book about police interrogation tactics and the best way to get a suspect to confess without physical harm. Here is the way to do it:

1. Hire someone to completely clean this forum, and leave on it only the 2,869 posts by this guy: http://www.cisfootball.org/forums/me...ud-s-cyclesguy
    2. Force the suspect to read them out loud without interruption. Guaranteed he would crap himself and crack up before reaching the halfway mark.

All in all, it was an interesting read. I really laughed reminiscing the time when Dog Pound members were the bullies on the forum, and the poor X fans were pulling their hair out trying to prove that SMU was managed by the worst bunch of cheaters that ever lived.

Also, I was saddened to see the big hopes of Pan Lady crushed when Windsor did not become best OUA team.

I had big laughs reading Spud's humourous posts and was disappointed when Big Jake's stopped posting when Blake Nill moved to Calgary. I'm still in contact with him and, to this day, he still hate the X-Men with a passion.

I was reminisced of the good times I had attending games and meeting so many true CIS football fans at tail gates (not so for Western fans).

But mostly, I now understand why the CIS football fan base is so low. We have 1,233 Members on this forum, but only 151 are active. It does not bode well for our future...

Meanwhile, I will turn off my laptop tonight and continue my isolation far out in the woods listening to the buzz of mosquitoes (by the way, Bizz is a buddy of mine, although our relationship did not start well, but he has mellowed since ), the croaking of toads and the howling of wolves.

My hope upon my return is that RSEQ teams will have decided to compete a bit this fall and that Trump continues to shape the future of the world...

Enjoy your pandemic summer y'all
    http://goxgo.ca/sports/fball/index

VC @ PEPS - No better place to have it!!!

La Tuque
    You must have enjoyed.... Err downed several bottles.....cases of wine, beer and other spirits whilst reading them all.
    And you like Trump? I doubt even his wife does. Nor the many people who had reported to him and either quit or were fired. I award you With a Cycles Trophy. I will say Trump is different, never know what he's going to say next.
    How's he coming along on his wall? Or bleach?
    Your posts are always entertaining, I enjoy them. I model mine after yours. So there is hope. You have 4,406.....
    Perhaps with a bit of tweeking I......
    BTW, I have a craving for some Quebec poutine and do hope that Quebec decides to compete in sports this fall.
    Hopefully you and the mosquitoes had a productive sleep.
    Last edited by Spud's cyclesguy; 2020-06-12 at 08:22.
    Everything goes in cycles!

Quote Originally Posted by Spud's cyclesguy View Post
    La Tuque
    You must have enjoyed.... Err downed several bottles.....cases of wine, beer and other spirits whilst reading them all.
    And you like Trump?
    1. You're totally right about the drinking.
    2. You're totally wrong about my feelings towards Trump. I don't like him nor his wife. Regardless, he is shaping the new world by being the living proof of what a world leader must not be like

BTW, you are totally failing in your attempts to model your posts after mine...
    http://goxgo.ca/sports/fball/index

VC @ PEPS - No better place to have it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by la Tuque View Post
    1. You're totally right about the drinking.
    2. You're totally wrong about my feelings towards Trump. I don't like him nor his wife. Regardless, he is shaping the new world by being the living proof of what a world leader must not be like

BTW, you are totally failing in your attempts to model your posts after mine...
    I agree with your comments about Trump. To think the USA was previously a respected, world power.
    Now things are crumbling there. Hoping Biden wins this one.
    People of America can't be that bizarre to vote Trump in again, can they?

BTW, One can fail thousands of times before one achieves success....Churchill quote: success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. I appreciate your feedback and after I enjoy my glass of red wine, I will continue to adapt my approach. However, I am far from perfect and do make the odd mistake or 20000.

Perhaps not all the canadian sports world knows about this forum.
    That said after this pandemic, I do believe there will be a greater interest in university sports, various activities
    When people are deprived of sports, events, activities, socializing, they have a greater and deeper appreciation of those things when they are restored. You should see the flocks of people playing sports, out for walks, bike rides in the parks. This, La Tuque is the beginning of a new cycle. A greater appreciation of sports, the outdoors, wine, poutine, and mosquitoes.
    Last edited by Spud's cyclesguy; 2020-06-12 at 08:59.

Ok La Tuque, you have outdone yourself and provided hope, and definitely some good laughs.
    I think the USA could benefit from our Canadian ways. I think they like us....
    I know a few who wished they were living in Canada these past few years, especially now.
    Without an invasion any hope of trump losing? His poll numbers are dropping and he's reacting

A truly prodigious effort, la Toque. Hope you thought it was worth it.
    Last edited by Maple; 2020-06-22 at 08:41.
    Go Gaiters Go. Playing Canadian Rugby/Football since 1884.
    Allez les Gaiters. Jouant le rugby/football canadien depuis 1884.

LaTuque, just for you...and of course the rest of the readers here.....I am going to shorten my posts, all except the thread -re the update on teams, players coaches for 2020, 2021, etc....as it is a list of all the players, coaching changes.

This could be cause for celebration. No more long posts to fall asleep through. You see, Cycles theory really can and does work.

BTW, any updates on RSEQ?

Quebec universities want to maintain fall schedule for majority of sports including football
    https://3downnation.com/2020/07/02/q...ding-football/