Quote Originally Posted by gilligan View Post
Yep. A good giveaway that someone is detached from reality is if they still compare Covid to the flu (which nobody credible does), or if they talk as if we're still under a lock down or are about to shut down our entire economy.

I see the "flu" comparison has now changed to a mythical "strong flu", which I guess is the only way to continue making such an absurd comparison given that way more people have died from Covid than the flu.

Certain people that like to spend lots of time arguing about death rate, yet pay no attention to people actually dying. The reality is really simple; less spread equals less deaths. Since people don't like that inconvenient reality, they choose to bog everyone else down in the theoretical and abstract in order to distract from what is plainly in front of us all. Ironically, the people not taking it serious enough are the same people who will cause the lock down that they so fear/hate.
I see lots of medical and scientific experts comparing Covid-19 and the flu. In fact, I don't think a day goes by when I don't read, or listen to, exactly that type of comparison.

Gilligan, you are one of those people who "like(s) to spend lots of time arguing about death rate, yet pay no attention to people actually dying", unless of course the only people dying who we should pay attention to are the ones who die with Covid or had a positive test in the previous few months. I think the difference between you and I, and probably GHF, is that you only seem to be consider Covid deaths to be important. To hell with the deaths that are the collateral damage of lockdowns, even if they are 2 or 3 times greater than those directly linked to Covid.