Quote Originally Posted by DSquared View Post
These teams are eerily similar on both sides of the ball, both teams have new Head Coaches (sort of true with Coach P), new OCs as well.

Some quick comparisons Guelph/McMaster:

Offensively - pretty close, one runs more, one passes more
PPG - 29.3/28.5 differential 0.8 points or 80% of a rouge
Rushing - 172/128, pretty big difference in Guelph's favour
Passing - 212/304, this time a big difference in McMaster's favour and QB play has to go to McMaster/Dueck as well.
Total Yards - you can figure out above

Defensively - top 2 teams with regard to PPG surrendered, both give multiple looks, both opportunistic
PPG - 17.7/18.9 so a 1.2 point differential, not all common opponents, but maybe I have the favourite wrong, PPG combined means Guelph is 2.0 points better?
Passing - 253/209, so Guelph in the middle of the pack against pass could be viewed as a good thing for McMaster
Rushing - 119/117 so can't get much closer than this
Sacks - 36/27, not a good stat for McMaster is they have to field a young Oline
Interceptions - 11/14

Dueck - 15 TDs, 8 INT, efficiency 145.4, 66.4% completions
Landers - 9 TDs, 8 INT, efficiency 133.9, 62.4% completions
Not as big of a difference as I thought, edge to Dueck

Last game was the season opener in Guelph with McMaster winning 25 -10. I'm not even sure the score told the whole story as Guelph scored a TD on the opening kickoff and then were blanked out until they got a FG in the 4th. McMaster moved the ball more and Preocanin missed 2 field goals, not the norm.

MAC then Guelph from the first game.
28 FIRST DOWNS 17
463 TOTAL OFFENSE 273
344 NET YARDS PASSING 194
129 NET YARDS RUSHING 106
3-14 SACKS: Number-Yards 1-8
2-7 INTERCEPTIONS: Number-Yards 0-0
33:22 TIME OF POSSESSION 26:38

Big difference in stats the first game, if Saturday plays out the same then McMaster will win easily. As we all know, what happened in Week 1 isn't that easily correlated to playoff football.
I canít see this game even being close. McMaster is the better team and will easily win this one. Guelph was horrible in there game with the Ravens and shouldnít even have been in this game. Dueck is putting it together and will be tough to stop. He is a good kid that I now personally, as he is best friends with my cousin and his parentís are friends of mine. Down to earth kid, with lots of potential and a good head on his shoulders. I will be pulling for him this weekend. If the Mustangs donít win it I will be pulling for Andreas the rest of the way.