Thread: Ottawa @ Guelph

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Lombardi View Post
    In fairness to Ottawa, are they not playing with a freshman QB since the starter was hurt in the opening game?
    Ben Maracle is in his second year with the team. Last season he got very little playing time. He probably would not have got much this year if Buettner had stayed healthy. While Buettner is the better QB right now, the Ottawa O has not looked good even with him in there. Last season the Ottawa O did not produce many yards gained. That Ottawa finished second in the regular season is a tribute to the D and ST, not the O. In the first game of this season, with Buettner at QB, the O still did not look good.

Has Ottawa been able to recruit better players on the D than they have on the O? If so, why is that? Or has the talent recruited on both sides of the LOS been equal, but coaching has been more effective on the D side than the O side in developing the talent?

At the start of training camp, Nathan Taylor took over as receivers coach and kept his position as recruiting coordinator. Phil Roberts took over Taylor's previous position as ST coordinator. Do we need a new O-Line coach? I have stated my position that we should separate the HC and OC jobs , and get a dedicated OC.****

****even if Ottawa were to get a new HC, I think they should insist that he have an OC and a DC. Spreading the work load would be beneficial to everyone.
    Last edited by ottawafan; 2019-09-30 at 07:22.
    Founded in 1848, the University of Ottawa adopted its official colours Garnet and Grey, and like many nineteenth-century institutions, the athletics teams were known only by the school's colours. Eventually, a connection was made between the shorthand "GGs" and "Gee-Gee", the common British nickname for a racehorse. The unique Gee-Gees name and iconic logo known today is a result of 170 years of history in Ottawa