I think your hate on for the CFL and all things UdeM clouds your judgement a bit.

I won't dispute that Danny was a bad GM in Edmonton. It did not help that he was running a team that traditionally won by outspending everyone, and he got to the ones who brought them into the salary cap era (after spending big and loading up for one last Grey Cup). That wasn't a recipe for sustainable success. Perhaps he's learned something since then. He certainly has a good track record at UdeM, which may or may not translate very well to the pros. I see him more as a coach, but others seem to think he could be a GM again. If nothing else, it is likely that he's an upgrade over the Als current GM, but that isn't saying much.

As for the rest, we have one very experienced businessman (Ambroise) dealing with another (Guzzo). One is spouting off on Twitter, and appears to be having personality clashes with everyone involved in the process. The other is just quietly doing his job. You're assuming that just because Guzzo is whining on Twitter that Ambroise must be pulling a con job. I don't think Guzzo's bitterness indicates that at all. Ambroise has plenty of business experience of his own. He handled the CBA negotiations with similar silence publicly, and the end result was a good deal for both the owners and players.

I'd wait to see what the result of the Als sale before judging the league on the process. Just because the guy who didn't get the team is unhappy doesn't mean that the end result won't be good for the team and the league. Whoever buys the team is in for a world of financial hurt short term, so they'd better have a stronger stomach than Guzzo appears to have.