Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting updates - Coaching changes for 2019 - Any updates welcomed!!

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan View Post
    The other Greg Marshall
    Oh!
    I would rather win ugly than lose pretty. Bobby Bowden

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. tanstaafl

Quote Originally Posted by Jay K. View Post
    Yep! Now you should be able to guess the other one!
    Just announced Jeremy Murphy WR from Champlain St-Lambert to the Stingers. Offensive MVP of D3. Lots of upside. Big play receiver.

Just announced Jeremy Murphy WR from Champlain St-Lambert to the Stingers. Offensive MVP of D3. Lots of upside. Big play receiver.
    https://twitter.com/The_Stingers/sta...64651345821698

Yep, Stingers seem to have a good recruiting so far; with the brand new set of coaches I sure hope it will show on the field. Looking forward to see the difference.
    Laval Rouge & OR - The Greatest CIS/SportsU team the Earth has ever seen !™ 1999 - 2003 - 2004 - 2006 - 2008 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016 - 2018 - 202_ and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Bizz View Post
    Yep, Stingers seem to have a good recruiting so far; with the brand new set of coaches I sure hope it will show on the field. Looking forward to see the difference.
    I would say that it is improving but still nothing close to UL and UdeM. Like the two WR they got from Champlain-St.Lambert

Default ConU recruiting

I would say that it is improving but still nothing close to UL and UdeM. Like the two WR they got from Champlain-St. Lambert. Still have irons in the fire, including some out of province kids.

All I know is Queens class is amazing! As for the stingers, sorry Jay K, but a bunch of division 3 and Quebec junior players will not do the trick �� Not sure what you’re smoking but I guess when you reach for the stars and you only get to your tree house, is not that bad �� As for CEGEP players, we have had a few but nothing great. It seems when they come out of CEGEP they’ve pretty much reach their potential. I actually spoke to a coach about this, unless they’re a talented D1 student athlete, he much prefers developing non Quebecers.

All I know is Queens class is amazing! As for the stingers, sorry Jay K, but a bunch of division 3 and Quebec junior players will not do the trick 😳 Not sure what you’re smoking but I guess when you reach for the stars and you only get to your tree house, is not that bad 😁 As for CEGEP players, we have had a few but nothing great. It seems when they come out of CEGEP they’ve pretty much reach their potential. I actually spoke to a coach about this, unless they’re a talented D1 student athlete, he much prefers developing non Quebecers. He said the talent in D43 is just not that good.

go Geals go

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog86 View Post
    As for CEGEP players, we have had a few but nothing great. It seems when they come out of CEGEP they’ve pretty much reach their potential. I actually spoke to a coach about this, unless they’re a talented D1 student athlete, he much prefers developing non Quebecers.
    Well, Laval has not done so bad lately developing Quebecers and cégep players...
    Rouge et Or all the way!

"A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall" - Vince Lombardi

Maybe it will take them a few years though.
    Rouge et Or all the way!

"A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall" - Vince Lombardi

Never said it was great but better than a couple of weeks ago. Queens has done well IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog86 View Post
    As for CEGEP players, we have had a few but nothing great. It seems when they come out of CEGEP they’ve pretty much reach their potential. I actually spoke to a coach about this, unless they’re a talented D1 student athlete, he much prefers developing non Quebecers. He said the talent in D3 is just not that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylven View Post
    Well, Laval has not done so bad lately developing Quebecers and cégep players...
    Maybe it is more about Laval landing the most talented D1 student-athletes in the first place, than having to develop lesser talented players.
    An unofficial source for news & opinions about the University of Guelph football program
    http://gryphonfootball.wordpress.com/

Maybe it will take them a few years though.
    Yep! The first step for Concordia is to establish themselves as a dominant 3rd place team in the RSEQ next season (and play some closer games against Laval & Montreal).

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
    The first step for Concordia is to establish themselves as a dominant 3rd place team in the RSEQ next season (and play some closer games against Laval & Montreal).
    The first step for Concordia really, before establishing themselves as a dominant 3rd place team in the RSEQ, is to establish themselves as a 3rd place team period! And that means, beating Sherbrooke and McGill consistently. It may sound a bit basic but they haven't managed that over the last few years. Playing closer games against Laval and Montréal is really the second step that I don't foresee before a few years at least.
    Rouge et Or all the way!

The first step for Concordia really, before establishing themselves as a dominant 3rd place team in the RSEQ, is to establish themselves as a 3rd place team period! And that means, beating Sherbrooke and McGill consistently. It may sound a bit basic but they haven't managed that over the last few years. Playing closer games against Laval and Montréal is really the second step that I don't foresee before a few years at least.
    Chuckles

You're just saying the same thing with different words. Not sure what point you're trying to make but, for most people, a team that consistently beats lower level opponents is pretty much establishing itself in a dominant position.
    Laval Rouge et Or

The Rouge et Or are a special program. By far the strongest in the nation and likely the greatest program ever. - Duane Rollins, Sept 2nd 2008

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Prior to this past season Concordia was the number three team in the RSEQ

Prior to this past season Concordia was the number three team in the RSEQ
    Hummm, I'd say it was more of a dance between Con-U and Sherby to see who would get to lead

https://coub.com/view/7q1ab
    Train ride to a home game..$80, season tickets $198. Beer and hotdogs at the game $20, Championship Cap and player's jersey,$100.
    Trip to Vanier Cup 2012,$500. Trip to 2013 Vanier Cup and having a cool lunch with Jim Mullin the next day, $200.
    Being a fan of the only team with 4 consecutive years in the Championship Game, 3 Vanier Cups in front of THEM , 9 Vanier Cups ahead of UdeMontreal...PRICELESS

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledFan View Post
    Hummm, I'd say it was more of a dance between Con-U and Sherby to see who would get to lead

True. I forgot about the last years of the McGrath era!

Default Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledFan View Post

Forgot about the last years of the McGrath era!

Playing closer games against Laval and Montréal is really the second step that I don't foresee before a few years at least.
    Not expecting Concordia to beat Laval or Montreal next season, but I hope they can at least avoid any more of those 50+ point blowouts they've had against those teams in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
    Not expecting Concordia to beat Laval or Montreal next season, but I hope they can at least avoid any more of those 50+ point blowouts they've had against those teams in the past.
    Not expecting Concordia to give Laval and Montréal close games next season. Blowouts are still a possibility although I hope Concordia will be a somewhat tougher opponent in 2019.
    Rouge et Or all the way!

Maybe Collinson can convince Trenton Miller to come back and use his final season of eligibility.
    An unofficial source for news & opinions about the University of Guelph football program
    http://gryphonfootball.wordpress.com/

Trenton has no eligibility left

True. I forgot about the last years of the McGrath era!
    Pretty healthy thing to do.
    Laval Rouge et Or

The Rouge et Or are a special program. By far the strongest in the nation and likely the greatest program ever. - Duane Rollins, Sept 2nd 2008

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

A veryyyyyy good catch at BU

Should help the Gaiter's usually porous D. One DT coming up !
    BUdt.jpg
    Train ride to a home game..$80, season tickets $198. Beer and hotdogs at the game $20, Championship Cap and player's jersey,$100.
    Trip to Vanier Cup 2012,$500. Trip to 2013 Vanier Cup and having a cool lunch with Jim Mullin the next day, $200.
    Being a fan of the only team with 4 consecutive years in the Championship Game, 3 Vanier Cups in front of THEM , 9 Vanier Cups ahead of UdeMontreal...PRICELESS