Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting updates - Coaching changes for 2019 - Any updates welcomed!!

The Ravens sign a South African QB

tabone.jpg
    Train ride to a home game..$80, season tickets $198. Beer and hotdogs at the game $20, Championship Cap and player's jersey,$100.
    Trip to Vanier Cup 2012,$500. Trip to 2013 Vanier Cup and having a cool lunch with Jim Mullin the next day, $200.
    Being a fan of the only team with 4 consecutive years in the Championship Game, 3 Vanier Cups in front of THEM , 9 Vanier Cups ahead of UdeMontreal...PRICELESS

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledFan View Post

The Ravens need to find a new QB since Mike Arruda is not returning to the team.
    Founded in 1848, the University of Ottawa adopted its official colours Garnet and Grey, and like many nineteenth-century institutions, the athletics teams were known only by the school's colours. Eventually, a connection was made between the shorthand "GGs" and "Gee-Gee", the common British nickname for a racehorse. The unique Gee-Gees name and iconic logo known today is a result of 170 years of history in Ottawa

Quote Originally Posted by ottawafan View Post
    The Ravens need to find a new QB since Mike Arruda is not returning to the team.
    They do not have a successor on the team ?
    Train ride to a home game..$80, season tickets $198. Beer and hotdogs at the game $20, Championship Cap and player's jersey,$100.
    Trip to Vanier Cup 2012,$500. Trip to 2013 Vanier Cup and having a cool lunch with Jim Mullin the next day, $200.
    Being a fan of the only team with 4 consecutive years in the Championship Game, 3 Vanier Cups in front of THEM , 9 Vanier Cups ahead of UdeMontreal...PRICELESS

They do not have a successor on the team ?
    The successor would probably be Tanner DeJong. I think he is entering his fourth season, although I can be corrected on that. He has hardly any on field playing time. I have never seen him. There was a rookie QB on their roster last season, but I can not remember his name.
    Founded in 1848, the University of Ottawa adopted its official colours Garnet and Grey, and like many nineteenth-century institutions, the athletics teams were known only by the school's colours. Eventually, a connection was made between the shorthand "GGs" and "Gee-Gee", the common British nickname for a racehorse. The unique Gee-Gees name and iconic logo known today is a result of 170 years of history in Ottawa

Interesting to see a transfer from Laval.
    https://twitter.com/coachnill?lang=en
    Drawing on your fine command of the English language, you should say nothing. - My Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Interesting to see a transfer from Laval.
    https://twitter.com/coachnill?lang=en
    Declared for Laval at the end of 2017 and was unlucky and didn't play in 2018 because of injury .
    Best of luck to him out west.

The successor would probably be Tanner DeJong. I think he is entering his fourth season, although I can be corrected on that. He has hardly any on field playing time. I have never seen him. There was a rookie QB on their roster last season, but I can not remember his name.
    Travis Arp out of Denis Morris CSS [St Catharines] and Niagara Spears. He's a good prospect but I doubt he is ready to be a high-level starter in Yr 2. He might have been more widely known and experienced if he hadn't had to play behind Tre Ford for a couple seasons with the Spears.
    An unofficial source for news & opinions about the University of Guelph football program
    http://gryphonfootball.wordpress.com/

Why not, he was just in his third year I believe?
    Rouge et Or all the way!

"A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall" - Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Sylven View Post
    Arruda played three seasons of CEGEP ball.*** Then he went to uOttawa and bolted training camp after a week. He transferred to Carleton and sat out a year of football. The next two years he started for the Ravens. 2019 would be his third year of playing.

I have verified as well as I can that he has left the team. Nobody has given me a reason as to why. If he transfers schools as an undergraduate he has to sit out 2019. My understanding is that he would not be eligible to play in 2020 because he will have reached the age cap.

*** If he transfers to a Masters program for 2019, he could play this year. With three years of CEGEP, depending on the courses he took , he may have been given credit for first year university and entered second year, academically. If he took a full load of studies in his three years at Carleton, he could get his undergrad degree this spring.
    All this is theory and speculation on my part, because as I noted, no one has offered an explanation as to why he has left the team.

Arruda played three seasons of CEGEP ball.*** Then he went to uOttawa and bolted training camp after a week. He transferred to Carleton and sat out a year of football. The next two years he started for the Ravens. 2019 would be his third year of playing.

I have verified as well as I can that he has left the team. Nobody has given me a reason as to why.
    Thanks for the exact timeline, that's what I thought.

That's weird leaving like this without telling anybody why.
    Rouge et Or all the way!

"A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall" - Vince Lombardi

Gaetan Richard of Mount Allison, is the new Offensive Coordinator of the Western Mustangs.

Absolute huge signing by the U of S Huskies today! We signed RB Josh Ewanchyna! Josh led the CJFL in rushing yds last year and was also named an All Canadian. He led the Saskatoon Hilltops to yet another national championship! This really fills the hole In the backfield with the loss of Tyler Chow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Absolute huge signing by the U of S Huskies today! We signed RB Josh Ewanchyna! Josh led the CJFL in rushing yds last year and was also named an All Canadian. He led the Saskatoon Hilltops to yet another national championship! This really fills the hole In the backfield with the loss of Tyler Chow.
    How many years left? 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Husky Fan View Post
    How many years left? 4?
    I am not 100% certain, but he has played 3 years in CJFL.

The latest recruits for Concordia:

Two from the WCHS Redhawks in Calgary:

WR Mateo Romano (son of Canadian Football Hall of Famer Rocco Romano)
    https://twitter.com/The_Stingers/sta...66268550139904

And DL Marko Kolarevic
    https://twitter.com/The_Stingers/sta...66942141177856

OL Dawson Mucha from the CJFL's Regina Thunder.
    https://twitter.com/The_Stingers/sta...80042487775232

DB Ahmadou Boubacar from the Rolla High School Bulldogs in Rolla, Missouri
    https://twitter.com/The_Stingers/sta...31131474059265

DL Jahmensky Lubin from the CJFL's Westshore Rebels.
    https://twitter.com/The_Stingers/sta...24705412927489

RB Jérémie Nicolas from College Ahuntsic.
    https://twitter.com/The_Stingers/sta...98403825786882

Quote Originally Posted by Sylven View Post
    Michael Arruda has left because he has lost his desire to play football. He has put it in his own words here:

https://www.facebook.com/michael.arruda.9085

Rams fishing in UBC's water

RamsQB.jpg

tabone.jpg
    If he was good enough Nill would have recruited him as he is from the school he has recruited 3-4 other athletes.

He's good. He's a New Brunswick product, actually. Was hoping he might choose MTA and his home province but I think Coach Hopkins "stole" another one. (Charles Lavallee the other).

Quote Originally Posted by James Ron View Post
    If he was good enough Nill would have recruited him as he is from the school he has recruited 3-4 other athletes.
    How do you know that Nill didn't try to recruit him?

Not everyone from the interior of BC actually wants to live in Vancouver. It also sounds like he didn't grow up in BC to begin with, so I'm sure he was pretty open to playing football anywhere that he felt was a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan View Post
    How do you know that Nill didn't try to recruit him?

Not everyone from the interior of BC actually wants to live in Vancouver. It also sounds like he didn't grow up in BC to begin with, so I'm sure he was pretty open to playing football anywhere that he felt was a good fit.
    You are correct that Van is very expensive, but he was known in BC...he was passed over. However I hope he does REALLY well at Regina, he has a good career with the Rams, and that he enjoys his time in Regina. The more BC boys that make teams and start the better.

For the second year in a row, uOttawa has recruited a QB from Junior ranks out west.

Last season it was Sawyer Buettner who was a part-time student at uRegina and played junior football in Regina.

This season it is QB Matt Malher from Canmore, Alberta. Malher has studied the last two years at UBC-Okanagan and played football for the Okanagan Sun.

Ottawa now officially has 31 recruits plus one transfer from uWindsor.

Here's what someone sent me for the Marauder recruits. I like seeing 6 OL and 7 DL. I haven't got a clue anymore on who's who and the degree of quality.

Queen's transfer Hamilton boy - Andy Ngobila.
    Hunter Potvin DB Hamilton
    Isaiah Mackey DB Niagara
    Nick Fowler DB SS Marie
    Eric Faubert DB Hamilton
    Conor Badeen DB London
    Devonte Ballantyne DB Strathroy
    Greg Thomas DL Cambridge
    Owen Hubert DL Peterborough
    Addison Sadler DL Surrey
    Chinedu Ezeonwurie DL Hamilton
    Mike Gray DL Newmarket
    Christian Fecteau DL Windsor
    Andy Ngobila DL Hamilton
    Cody Thompson LB Otakokes
    Jon Kamto LB Ottawa
    Zach Ihasz LB Burlington
    Tayo Smith LB Toronto
    Will Spanic OL Hamilton
    Andrew Burrows OL Burlington
    Evan Loisel OL Bowmanville
    Payton McWilliam OL Mississauga
    Mike Martin OL Burlington
    Matt Krason QB Brantford
    Zach Mumby QB Hamilton
    Dan Bosett RB Brantford
    Dillon Caldwell RB Welland
    Cameron Guest RB London
    Conor McVey RB USA
    Xavier Pineda RB Cambridge
    Dima Ignjatovic WR Hamilton
    Max Taylor WR Milton
    Jack St Hilaire WR Guelph
    Trevor Turner OL Haliburton

Default Bonne nouvelle à l'UdeM

Sounds like "Antoine" Calvillo is taking his French lessons seriously this time.

Antoine Calvillo ?

Au moment de son embauche chez les Carabins, Calvillo avait expliqué vouloir apprendre le français, ce qu’il n’avait pas pris le temps de faire lors de son passage de 16 saisons avec les Alouettes.

«L’Université de Montréal est un établissement francophone et c’est vraiment important pour moi de pouvoir parler la langue.»

«Mon français s’améliore grandement. Le réel défi est d’apprendre à mieux m’exprimer, j’ai encore un très gros accent. Je comprends presque tout ce que l’on me dit en français.»

De son côté, Maciocia apprécie vraiment les efforts de son adjoint pour parler la langue de Molière, ce qui ne l’empêche pas de lui tirer la pipe quand la situation s’y prête.
    https://www.journaldemontreal.com/20...tion-naturelle
    Last edited by peter.gryphon; 2019-04-28 at 05:57. Reason: Adding the link
    An unofficial source for news & opinions about the University of Guelph football program
    http://gryphonfootball.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by peter.gryphon View Post
    Sounds like "Antoine" Calvillo is taking his French lessons seriously this time.
    Good, I'm glad to hear that.
    Rouge et Or all the way!