Thread: 2018 exhibition games

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by LiveBreatheFootball View Post
    One question for Guelph : Is Roberts back in Guelph or no? He's 4th year this year so I thought he'd come back like Hobbs from same recruiting year.
    Roberts is done. He will not be back for his 5th year. I believe that decision is related to the concussion he suffered in September that kept him out for more than a month.

It is a shame. Roberts was having his best season prior to that injury. He led the OUA in QB efficiency. His TD/Int ratio at 9:2 was much improved over his earlier years.

You add that to the fact that Guelph also lost their #2 QB [sophomore Zach Buchan] to a non-football-related injury the week before training camp and it was a tough year for quarterbacks. It is starting to look like Buchan, the Canadian kid from Georgia, will not play any more football.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveBreatheFootball View Post
    Yeah, but it was a close win against Sherbrooke, who is still winless against R&O. Had it been Montreal, Calgary or Western everybody would have said differently for sure.
    Sure, but it was Carleton's third year back from the grave. If a team of mostly 2nd and 3rd year players could compete with the V&O in 2015, then it makes sense to me that they'd be a good match for Laval in 2016.
    Last edited by peter.gryphon; 2018-02-05 at 15:16.
    An unofficial source for news & opinions about the University of Guelph football program
    http://gryphonfootball.wordpress.com/