Would someone please help me understand the following...

Welcome to #AcadiaU Cristiano DiGiacinto! A 6th round pick of @TBLightning in 2014, & #memcup2017 champ, he heads to Acadia after suiting up with @JaxIcemen (#ECHL) this fal. Cristiano will join the Axemen for 2nd semester!

This tweet from Acadia Axemen Hockey makes it sound like this hockey recruit will be playing in a few weeks - i.e. immediately upon arriving at Acadia - in spite of the fact that this recruit was playing pro hockey just a few weeks ago.

That seems contrary to what two-four, and other anti-SMU folks, were saying about all AUS coaches, including SMU coaches in other sports, observing the "365-day rule".

Of course, I've always believed the 365-day rule only applies to student-athletes who are transferring between institutions which neither DiGiacinto nor Jack were doing.

How is it that DiGiacinto can play immediately but so many AUS people believe that Jack has to sit out 365 days? Is the wording of the Axemen Hockey tweet simply misleading and DiGiacinto won't actually play in a game for Acadia until 2019?