Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
UofS update: I can't confirm that this is 100% accurate, but I've been told by a reliable source that our inexperienced and ineffective head coach does not want to recruit CJFL players - I certainly don't see any Hilltops on our commit list. If true, this is a move that'll strenghthen every other CanWest team as they sign players from the best junior program in the country, that is located in the same city as our university.

The Huskies graduated their 3 best receivers at the end of the 2017 season. Bringing in a couple of solid CJFL receivers would solidify an offence that looks pretty strong everywhere else; without those additions I think the Dogs' offence will suffer immensely.

The hiring of the former staff's hand-picked successor is quickly proving to be a disaster.
It only makes sense if the team is recruiting elite high school players on a national, or wide regional, basis and it needs to assure them they won't be jumped on the depth chart by 22-yr-old junior recruits. I don't think that is the case.