Quote Originally Posted by Thoughts View Post
They have to get by Ottawa first, the RSEQ women's champs 4 years running.
Gees-Gees have posted photos on social media and it looks like brutal weather. I had a short chat with Coach Jen Boyd at a recent football game. She had seen the weather forecast for Lethbridge and was not thrilled with it. Ottawa beat Laval 25-7 in the RSEQ final. I attended --first time ever at a Gee-Gees rugby game. Laval came out and scored immediately. They controlled the first fifteen minutes of the game but Ottawa pushed back and eventually took control. Ottawa scored 25 unanswered points. By the end of the game Laval looked worn down while Ottawa was still going all out. It must have been similar in the semi final game versus Calgary. I see that Calgary took a 15-3 lead and Ottawa came back late to tie the game 15-15. Then in overtime Ottawa blew it open with 17 unanswered points.
The impression I get is that Coach Boyd has a team with excellent conditioning. They can go the distance without wilting and have remained relatively injury free (football Gee-Gees take note). None of this guarantees a victory in the gold medal game late today. The Gee-Gees will have to bring their best game to the field to beat Laval.