CALGARY DINOS 1
LETHBRIDGE PRONGHORNS 5

Links:

U of L: [S&R] : [Tweet1] : [Tweet2] : [Tweet3] : [Tweet-Post]
U of C: [S&R] : [Twitter]

So the Hrny nes take the weekend 9-8 on total goals. There are no summaries nor boxscores. The Lethbridge Twitter had regular updates and tells us that they held period leads of 1-0 and 2-0, and their goals came from Sward, Moser, Merkley, Sanvido, and Clowes. Ty Edmonds was player of the game. Nice turn-around for Lethbridge.

N.A.I.T. OOKS 1
AUGUSTANA VIKINGS 2

Links:

ACHC: [Event Site] : [Tweet]

Though both teams are in the ACAC, this was game 2 of the Athabasca College Hockey Challenge, which includes the Evil Monkeys. Neither team had any links on their sites or Twitter, but for a retweet of the ACHC Tweet.

Augustana and Alberta now have two points each and their game on Sunday will be for the tournament title.

OUT EAST/COLLEGE

SOUTH ISLAND KNIGHTS 1
VANCOUVER ISLAND MARINERS 10

Links:

➔ [BCIHL S&R]
➔ [Tweet] : [Opening Faceoff]
➔ [VIU Team Site]

Perhaps the most significant game of the night was on Vancouver Island, where the VIU Mariners played their first game. Their opponent was the South Island Knights, a Senior AA team. They tweeted out a gif of the opening faceoff, and it is linked. The game was not final as I post.

UQTR 1 Concordia 4 : [CU S&R] : [CU Tweet]
RMC 0 McGill 8 : [LeagueStat]
Minot State 4 Briercrest 3 : [ACAC S&R]

Just as Lethbridge turned things around in game 2, so too did the Stingers. Both UQTR and Bedrock U had highly touted recruiting classes.

Kudos to McGill for uploading their game updates and other data into LeagueStat. All teams should follow suit.

Minot State was up to face the Clippers, perennial cellar-dwellers in the ACAC. A competitive series is something nice for Briercrest. They were outscored 144-73 last year.

UP NEXT

Sep 10 Alberta v Augustana (ACAC) (at Athabasca)

Sep 12 Brock at Western Ontario
Sep 14 Saskatchewan v Regina (at Ochapowace, Sask)
Sep 14 Laurier at Waterloo
Sep 15 Calgary at Regina
Sep 15 Guelph at Brock
Sep 15 Lethbridge at Western Ontario
Sep 15 Manitoba v Saskatchewan (at Regina)
Sep 15 McGill at U.Q.T.R.
Sep 15 Moncton at St. F.X.
Sep 15 Ottawa at Nipissing
Sep 15 Simon Fraser (BCIHL) at U.B.C.
Sep 15 U.O.I.T. at Ryerson
Sep 15 U.P.E.I. v New Brunswick (at Montague, PEI)
Sep 16 Laurier at Windsor
Sep 16 Lethbridge at Western Ontario
Sep 16 Manitoba v Calgary (at Regina)
Sep 16 New Brunswick at U.P.E.I. (at Montague, PEI)
Sep 16 Ottawa at Laurentian
Sep 16 Queen's v R.M.C. (at Gananoque)
Sep 16 Saint Mary's at Dalhousie
Sep 16 U.Q.T.R. at McGill
Sep 17 Nipissing at Laurentian