MANITOBA BISONS 1
CALGARY DINOSAURS 5

Links:

LeagueStat: [Summary] : [Report]
CW Hockey Tech: [Summary] : [Report] : [Text]
Boxscores: [US/CIS] : [CW] : [Coach's View] : [UofM*]
Stories: [UofC (with videos)] : [rp @CW] : [rp @UofM*]

I never got to see much of this due to driving around and trying to catch some of the Jets' game. However, from what I saw the Bisons mailed this one in. The shots on goal were 36-33 for Bedrock U, so the gap was not as large as the score might indicate. Of note, Shawn Bowles played for the first time since Nov 24th (against Calgary) and Brett Dudar returned for the first time this season. He hasn't even been on the roster until now. Byron Spriggs started and took the loss (24 saves on 28 shots) but was removed in favour of Dasan Sydora (7 saves on 8 shots) to start the 3rd period.

Bedrock U was led by Drydn Dow (with two goals) and Jordan Papirny got the win with 32 saves on 33 shots.

Saturday's rematch goes at 2:00 MST or 3:00 CST.

OUT-OF-TOWN SCOREBOARD

REGINA COUGARS 2
LETHBRIDGE PRONGHORNS 5

Links:

LeagueStat: [Summary] : [CWHT Summary]
Boxscores: [US/CIS] : [CW]
Stories: [UofL] : [rp @CW] : [UofR]

One slump had to end in this one, and the Hrny nes were the fortunate ones. But since Calgary won, Lethbridge is toast. The Banjo Cats dressed just 16 players. Dawson MacAuley stopped 48 of 53 shots to take the loss. Garret Hughson stopped 37 of 39 for the win.

MOUNT ROYAL COUGARS 2
SASKATCHEWAN HUSKIES 4

Links:

Stories: [UofS] : [rp @CW] : [rp @MRU]

This win wrapped up second place for the Banjo Mutts, and by extension third place for the Bisons. It also left the Bluegars' hold on fifth place vulnerable to a challenge by the Dinos. Josh Roach scored two for the winners, and Jamal Watson scored twice for the losers. Jordon Cooke stopped 25 of 27 shots for the win. Cam Lanigan stopped 34 of 37 shots in the loss.

ALBERTA GOLDEN BEARS 5
U.B.C. THUNDERBIRDS 4

(in overtime)

Links:

Stories: [UBC] : [rp @CW] : [rp @UofA*]

The Evil Monkeys came out and dominated the T-irds, outshooting them 22-4 in the 1st period. But they only had a 2-1 lead. UBC evened the score at 3-3 by the end of the 2nd, wherein they outshot Alberta 10-7. So the stage was set for a good 3rd period. The Monkeys reverted to form and dominated with an 11-4 shots advantage. Yet after each side scored once, it was off to overtime. Graeme Craig scored twice for Apes, and Carter Popoff did likewise for the T-irds. Zach Sawchenko got the win, and Matt Hewitt took the loss. The loss also means that UBC will remain stuck in 4th place.

STANDINGS

OUT EAST

Ontario
Feb 08 Windsor 5 W. Ontario 3
Feb 08 York 2 Guelph 6
Feb 09 Guelph 6 Ryerson 2
Feb 09 Laurentian 1 U.O.I.T. 5
Feb 09 McGill 3 Concordia 4 (so)
Feb 09 Queen's 1 Ottawa 4
Feb 09 Toronto 1 Brock 3
Feb 09 U.Q.T.R. 2 Carleton 4
Feb 09 Waterloo 4 Lakehead 5 (ot)
Feb 09 R.M.C. 4 Nipissing 3 (ot)

Atlantic
Feb 08 Saint Mary's 5 Moncton 1
Feb 09 Dalhousie 3 U.P.E.I. 6
Feb 09 St. F.X. 2 New Brunswick 5
Feb 09 Saint Mary's 0 Acadia 3

Links:
[US/CIS S&R]
[OUA S&R]
[AUS S&R]

NEXT UP

Canada West
Feb 10 Alberta at U.B.C. (2:00 PST)
Feb 10 Manitoba at Calgary (2:00 MST)
Feb 10 Mount Royal at Saskatchewan (7:00 CST)
Feb 10 Regina at Lethbridge (1:00 MST)

Atlantic
Feb 10 Acadia at Moncton
Feb 10 Dalhousie at New Brunswick
Feb 10 St. F.X. at U.P.E.I.

Ontario
Feb 10 Brock at Ryerson
Feb 10 Carleton at Concordia
Feb 10 Laurier at Lakehead
Feb 10 Nipissing at Queen's
Feb 10 R.M.C. at Laurentian
Feb 10 Toronto at York