Thread: Mean, nasty and huge! Global recruit effort lands UBC football mammoth Mexican OL

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
    So my Spanish is largely non-existent, but I take this to mean he played last season for a University in Mexico. So I assume that means he only has four years of eligibility for UBC? Actually, if he played University ball, doesn't he have to sit out a season as a transfer, so he would be ineligible to play this year at all?
    Very good question. Is the Mexican education system treated as if it is the "NCAA south of the Rio Grande " as far as transfer to CIS/USports are concerned ??

Ceasar Sanchez-Hernandez came to the R&O from a Cegep , played with Les Condors de Beauce , so the answer is not to be found there.

Can any of the old Laval fans remember where Huerta-Flores came from ?? I'm drawing a blank And the RSEQ archives are less than useful as usual . I'm not about to "Friend" the guy on Facebook just to ask him. that would be rude.
    Last edited by ExiledFan; 2017-04-30 at 07:39.
    Train ride to a home game..$80, season tickets $198. Beer and hotdogs at the game $20, Championship Cap and player's jersey,$100.
    Trip to Vanier Cup 2012,$500. Trip to 2013 Vanier Cup and having a cool lunch with Jim Mullin the next day, $200.
    Being a fan of the only team with 4 consecutive years in the Championship Game, 3 Vanier Cups in front of THEM , 8 Vanier Cups ahead of UdeMontreal...PRICELESS