Thread: Board update

Default Board update

Hey fellas,

Nothing earth shattering but I wanted to inform you that CJ is moving away from the board and that I am taking over ownership and operation of the whole thing.

The transfer process is about halfway done, we're doing it step by step. I am mostly learning on the job about what's involved with internet providers and logistics, which explains some of the downtimes like what happened yesterday.

I expect transfer to last for a few more weeks but hopefully we're done with outages and the board can be solidly reliable from now on.

Feel free to contact me if you experience any issues. I may not always be aware of things happening.

As far as content goes, no changes are planned. New administration = same as old administration. I will make sure that the spirit that CJ created here nearly 15 years ago lives on.

Marton, still Janitor in Chief
    Laval Rouge et Or

The Rouge et Or are a special program. By far the strongest in the nation and likely the greatest program ever. - Duane Rollins, Sept 2nd 2008

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

CJ, you should be thanked for starting this board and for the amount of time - and I assume money - you have put into it over the years.
    Carleton: frightened by the Queen's Bands since 2014.

+1

Great job CJ.

Thanks for all of your time and dedication.

Very much appreciated

Marton - I know new =old but perhaps a new front page may be in order. Not quite the rebrand like CIS to USports but perhaps time for the monkey to retire!
    8 Time National Champion

Please don't change it to bush league term. Keep it CIS
    Gaels & Rouge et Or Baby!

Sorry to see that CJ is withdrawing. We owe him a huge debt of thanks

Glad to see that you are keeping it going, Marton. It will be in good hands!

BTW, I have recently been talking to True North, the real Oldtimer, one of the original posters to this forum and author of the History page . He mentioned that at the appropriate time and if you are in agreement, he would be very interested in updating the history section.

Let me know.
    Go Gaiters Go. Playing Canadian Rugby/Football since 1884.
    Allez les Gaiters. Jouant le rugby/football canadien depuis 1884.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuy View Post
    CJ, you should be thanked for starting this board and for the amount of time - and I assume money - you have put into it over the years.
    Yup. We owe him big time for building the place and the incredible spirit that made it what it is.

And yes, there was a lot of investment over the years. The great fire and the spam attack episodes were no doubt very demanding periods, each of which could have brought the thing to a halt if CJ had not held together.
    Laval Rouge et Or

The Rouge et Or are a special program. By far the strongest in the nation and likely the greatest program ever. - Duane Rollins, Sept 2nd 2008

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Quote Originally Posted by Maple View Post
    BTW, I have recently been talking to True North, the real Oldtimer, one of the original posters to this forum and author of the History page . He mentioned that at the appropriate time and if you are in agreement, he would be very interested in updating the history section.

Let me know.
    For sure! That page is his, and I'll put the updates up whenever he feels like producing them. I'd have to have a look but I don't think it will be an issue to update it. Should be as simple as overwriting a few files.
    Laval Rouge et Or

Just noticed this thread.

Yep, thanks to CJ for providing a home to talk CIS football and thanks to Marton as well for agreeing to take over and run the place.

CJ is my hero!!!

I can just imagine how hard it was for him

• not to take side when SMU & X were at each other's throats over some issues that now seem trivial,
    • how he expertly managed the center field logo scandals plaging the AUS and the Q,
    • how he tempered spirits when X was the subject of so many vicious attacks about their cow pasture football field,
    • how he managed to get that despicable Spud off the forum by deliberately setting fire to this board and, finally,
    • how he created a space for fans to befriend more faceless CIS football enthousiasts than Facebook...
    http://goxgo.ca/sports/fball/index

VC @ PEPS - No better place to have it!!!

I just saw this thread. While I don't stop by as often as I used to, I want to thank CJ for creating this site for all of us CIS football fans to congregate. I hope that this change over is simply a time management thing and all is well with CJ. I also welcome Marton aboard as our new overlord and master. All hail Marton!

+100

Really awesome site and great vision and work to put it together.

It made the 2009 Vanier run very fun to get all of the back and forth from people.

I would say this site is probably the NY Times version of the "Paper of Record" for Canadian university football since the site was founded.
    8 Time National Champion

My only request Marton would be to update the landing page. Suggestion would be simple:

- new landing page with some nice graphic

- make the pages at the top bigger and easier to see

- delete photos and recruits as those are old

- only 3 links - discussion, history and team links

If you do this then we can send this site to more people to join up and ideally have it linked to the teams, conferences and media sites out there.

What do you think?

Perhaps some tech related people on the board can help out ....
    8 Time National Champion