Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaiters join the AUS!

Hybrid View

Exclamation Gaiters join the AUS!

http://www.lapresse.ca/la-tribune/sp...es-en-2017.php

According to Sebastien Lajoie (La Tribune), Bishop's will be joining the AUS next season.
    Last edited by Le Mammouth; 2016-12-15 at 03:17.
    ---------------------------------------------
    1999, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2018

Saw that this morning; meaning we'll only play the Gaiters in a Bowl from now on.
    Laval Rouge & OR - The Greatest CIS/SportsU team the Earth has ever seen !™ 1999 - 2003 - 2004 - 2006 - 2008 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016 - 2018 - 202_ and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by marton View Post
    Maple League. Their own version of the Ivy League.

Sounds like they are de facto forming their own tier.

Things are moving forward, ever so slowly and in unforeseen ways.

Destination is still the same, though. And we're getting closer.

All in all this is very positive IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizz View Post
    Saw that this morning; meaning we'll only play the Gaiters in a Bowl from now on.
    Interlock still in place for now so we may end-up playing BU without them needing to win the AUS 1st.
    Train ride to a home game..$80, season tickets $198. Beer and hotdogs at the game $20, Championship Cap and player's jersey,$100.
    Trip to Vanier Cup 2012,$500. Trip to 2013 Vanier Cup and having a cool lunch with Jim Mullin the next day, $200.
    Being a fan of the only team with 4 consecutive years in the Championship Game, 3 Vanier Cups in front of THEM , 9 Vanier Cups ahead of UdeMontreal...PRICELESS

Now if we can convince Carleton, Otawa and Queens to come back, we'd have 8 in Ontario and 8 in Québec-Ontario.
    I would rather win ugly than lose pretty. Bobby Bowden

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. tanstaafl

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Now if we can convince Carleton, Otawa and Queens to come back, we'd have 8 in Ontario and 8 in Québec-Ontario.
    Well, I can see Ottawa and Carleton heading over to Quebec. I'd keep Queens with the OUA.
    Everything goes in cycles!

Quote Originally Posted by Spud's cyclesguy View Post
    Well, I can see Ottawa and Carleton heading over to Quebec. I'd keep Queens with the OUA.
    That wouldn't solve the problem of having 2 conferences with an odd number of teams.
    Rouge et Or all the way!

"A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall" - Vince Lombardi

I disagree. Odd-number teams cause pain in the ass with scheduling, as one recalls so with RSEQ basketball and to lesser extent OUA basketball because OUA West has 5 teams while all the other divisions have 4.

But really, I would love to see Queen's facing Laval in Richardson III and enjoy the tailgate. Might even bring my friend from London with his 'WUCK FESTERN' shirt and eat lots of food But knowing Queen's administration under Woolf era and its war against traditions and all things fun...
    Gaels & Rouge et Or Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by LiveBreatheFootball View Post
    I disagree. Odd-number teams cause pain in the ass with scheduling, as one recalls so with RSEQ basketball and to lesser extent OUA basketball because OUA West has 5 teams while all the other divisions have 4.

But really, I would love to see Queen's facing Laval in Richardson III and enjoy the tailgate. Might even bring my friend from London with his 'WUCK FESTERN' shirt and eat lots of food But knowing Queen's administration under Woolf era and its war against traditions and all things fun...
    The way it stands right now with Laval and Mtl, - Queens moving over to the RSEQ would be in for a rough season. The onset of the tailgate - pre game would be fun, after that....not so much. No way Queens is going to come close to winning - beating Laval or Mtl without an OC....they need to focus more on recruiting, and unless they make those changes PDQ - joining RSEQ - the way things look right now they would get eaten up.
    Last edited by Spud's cyclesguy; 2016-12-15 at 17:06.
    Everything goes in cycles!

The way it stands right now with Laval and Mtl, - Queens moving over to the RSEQ would be in for a rough season. The onset of the tailgate - pre game would be fun, after that....not so much. No way Queens is going to come close to winning - beating Laval or Mtl without an OC....they need to focus more on recruiting, and unless they make those changes PDQ - joining RSEQ - the way things look right now they would get eaten up.
    I was only talking about it for a viewing purpose, not competitive purpose.

I just want to meet some of y'all in Richardson III for tailgating reasons and possibly bring a friend or two along. Fun gametime experience is always good!
    Gaels & Rouge et Or Baby!

Some comments :

1- Hotels. Busses. Restaurants. SO MUCH MONEY in that AUS!!! #moneyball And what about missing class days to travel? Almost S-E-C worthy.

2- Scheduling with odd number of teams... other than that, good for everyone.

3- WRT #2... kicking Montreal (as was always planned) would bring back even number of teams

4- adding the Ottawa schools would still make it even
    Laval Rouge et Or

The Rouge et Or are a special program. By far the strongest in the nation and likely the greatest program ever. - Duane Rollins, Sept 2nd 2008

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

1- Hotels. Busses. Restaurants. SO MUCH MONEY in that AUS!!! #moneyball And what about missing class days to travel? Almost S-E-C worthy.
    Joking aside, adding a team from Québec to the AUS will increase their travel expenses substantially, mostly for Bishop's themselves that will have to bus for at least 10 hours for 4-5 games per year. That's a lot of time spent on the bus...
    Rouge et Or all the way!

"A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall" - Vince Lombardi

Some comments :

As I understand it, budget shortfalls will be covered by kidnapping drunken tailgaters at PEPS, harvesting their organs, and selling them on the black market.

At least that's what I suggested in the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by boysda View Post
    As I understand it, budget shortfalls will be covered by kidnapping drunken tailgaters at PEPS, harvesting their organs, and selling them on the black market.
    The livers should come with a Buyer Beware warning.
    An unofficial source for news & opinions about the University of Guelph football program
    http://gryphonfootball.wordpress.com/

Maple League. Their own version of the Ivy League.

Destination is still the same, though. And we're getting closer.

All in all this is very positive IMHO.
    Laval Rouge et Or

The Rouge et Or are a special program. By far the strongest in the nation and likely the greatest program ever. - Duane Rollins, Sept 2nd 2008

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Which is tier 2 obviously. BTW, I'm looking forward to seeing how Bishop's will perform in the AUS. It would be very ironic should they go from dead last in the RSEQ to winning the Loney Bowl next year and facing the RSEQ champion in the Uteck Bowl...

Things are not really moving forward with this Bishop's move but rather sideways I would say. But it might cause some forward movement with 3 out of 4 conferences with an odd number of teams now. Yes, time to expand national interlock and, while we're at it, national playoffs. It's also the perfect occasion for one or three Ontario teams to transfer to the RSEQ.
    Rouge et Or all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylven View Post
    ... BTW, I'm looking forward to seeing how Bishop's will perform in the AUS. It would be very ironic should they go from dead last in the RSEQ to winning the Loney Bowl next year and facing the RSEQ champion in the Uteck Bowl...
    Glad to see Bishop's join the AUS. I know a few alumni from that school & they have been increasingly depressed by the lack of progress of the Gaiters in QC.

Re Loney Bowl: It should not be long before the Gaiters compete for it...

...Dating back to 2006, the Gaiters have won seven of their last 10 games against the AUS...
    http://www.metronews.ca/news/halifax...onference.html
    http://goxgo.ca/sports/fball/index

VC @ PEPS - No better place to have it!!!

No doubt the AUS will have to start their season one week earlier due to odd number of teams.

So much cost overhead to house and feed those student-athletes.

#moneyball
    Laval Rouge et Or

No doubt the AUS will have to start their season one week earlier due to odd number of teams.

#moneyball
    Sly as usual marton.

Now would be a good time to offer the Ottawa schools an incentive to move to the RSEQ.

I suggest the deal could include.

1) Guaranteed TV coverage of one of he Ottawa schools each week , on an alternating basis

2)The Ottawa teams bring their choice of head referee to each away game

3) Free new furniture for the coaches offices and team meeting rooms

#moneyball
    Too bad they couldn't get someone to provide free beds and microwave ovens to them.

In Canada, our beloved game can best described as a 'boutique' sport. As such, its profile within the Canadian sports scene is somewhat diminutive, regardless of what we enthusiasts believe. Issues such as funding, concussions and (unfortunately) player behaviour cause us to shudder with dread when raised.
    2400 young men play at the the university level. If not for football, half of these lads would never have the opportunity to earn a university degree. We understand the social/economic consequences of not attaining a post secondary education.
    The CIS football community MUST make the survival and growth of this wonderful game priority # 1. Issues surrounding the competitive/financial imbalance in CIS football are discussed on this and other sites. Those continued imbalances represent a real danger to CIS football and must be addressed. I strongly suggest that those persons in authority attack these issues with renewed zeal and a serious desire to listen, and compromise. The game, and all our student athletes deserve it.

Bishop's move allows for a home and home for each AUS team and could put an end to A-Q interlock paving the way for CW-Q interlock.
    2019: 10 weeks, 17 games, 6,587kms.
    2018: 11 weeks, 17 games, 7,952kms. (preseason incl.)
    2017: 12 weeks, 21 games, 9,675kms. (preseason incl.)
    2016: 14 weeks, 18 games, 9,791kms. (preseason incl.)
    2015: 11 weeks, 16 games, 6,247kms.
    2009: 12 weeks, 19 games, 11,063kms.
    2008: 12 weeks, 19 games, 6,191kms.
    2007: 11 weeks, 18 games and 7,531kms.

1.) I don't see any of the Ottawa based teams making a move to the Q.

2.) I believe this will lead to the end of the RSEQ-AUS interlock.

3.) Tiering isn't being imposed, it's just going down the path we've discussed here and on the show. Conferences should be based upon a competition of like minded schools.

4.) Perhaps it's time for the conference to facilitate a meeting of the minds at UQTR to get numbers back to even.
    Krown Gridiron Nation on TSN. Your home for amateur football coverage from a Canadian perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mullin View Post
    1.) I don't see any of the Ottawa based teams making a move to the Q.
    Boo!
    Laval Rouge et Or

Boo!
    Wouldn't it make more sense for McGill to join the OUA?