Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: UBC vs. Montreal (Vanier game day thread)

Wow, congrats to the Birds on a gutsy gusty win! And to Montreal for showing some incredible Moxy! A great day for CIS football.

Yes!!!!!!! Thank you God !!! I take back any doubts I ever spoke aloud !!

It was worth losing a Dunsmore just to see the so-called Mtl dynasty die at Le Peps !

I could kiss Nill right now !!
    Train ride to a home game..$80, season tickets $198. Beer and hotdogs at the game $20, Championship Cap and player's jersey,$100.
    Trip to Vanier Cup 2012,$500. Trip to 2013 Vanier Cup and having a cool lunch with Jim Mullin the next day, $200.
    Being a fan of the only team with 4 consecutive years in the Championship Game, 3 Vanier Cups in front of THEM , 9 Vanier Cups ahead of UdeMontreal...PRICELESS

What a game!

Never one to gloat, but here is my post from the Vanier Cup discussion thread a couple days ago.:

Crisis

Post Thanks / Like

Judging by the past few posts, it's time for a dissenting voice to chime in. I'd say that, though lacking the experience, UBC is equivalent in talent to the Bisons squad that lost a close game to Montreal last year. UBC by 3 points on a last minute FG.

Guess I should have said "last second FG".
    Last edited by Crisis; 2015-11-28 at 12:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    Never one to gloat, but here is my post from the Vanier Cup discussion thread a couple days ago.:
    Great call buddy!

By all means gloat a little, that will be some well-justified gloating .

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post

Guess I could have said "last second FG".
    Train ride to a home game..$80, season tickets $198. Beer and hotdogs at the game $20, Championship Cap and player's jersey,$100.
    Trip to Vanier Cup 2012,$500. Trip to 2013 Vanier Cup and having a cool lunch with Jim Mullin the next day, $200.
    Being a fan of the only team with 4 consecutive years in the Championship Game, 3 Vanier Cups in front of THEM , 9 Vanier Cups ahead of UdeMontreal...PRICELESS

Don't want to speak too soon, but we may have just witnessed the beginning of a dynasty on the west coast. O'Connor still has 4 years of eligibility remaining.

Whatever your opinion of Nill is, no one can deny that he did something no one could have predicted in winning the Vanier in year one after a 2-6 year. Unbelievable job, and another great year of CIS football.
    Last edited by cjfl_fan; 2015-11-28 at 12:45.

Nice, nice, nice game. BIG congrats to both teams.

A real clinic for many CIS football OCs out there...
    http://goxgo.ca/sports/fball/index

VC @ PEPS - No better place to have it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by la Tuque View Post
    Nice, nice, nice game. BIG congrats to both teams.

A real clinic for many CIS football OCs out there...
    And a blueprint for DCs on how NOT to plan a pass-def !!

Talk about overachieving! Won't be the last one either.

Congrats Birds, special thoughts for Nill and Sidoo, both have been working at it for years, each on their own. Once together they have been unstoppable.

Oh and thank you for doing what needed to be done.
    Laval Rouge et Or

The Rouge et Or are a special program. By far the strongest in the nation and likely the greatest program ever. - Duane Rollins, Sept 2nd 2008

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

I saw most of this on my Samsung, which is nice to have on occasions like this. Tremendous game. Montreal made the adjustments they needed. Frankly, UBC did not.

UCYMI:

ex UBC 41 Laval 16
    UBC 16 Calgary 49
    Regina 20 UBC 27
    UBC 51 Manitoba 48
    Saskatchewan 45 UBC 29
    UBC 39 Alberta 21
    Alberta 10 UBC 54
    UBC 41 Saskatchewan 36
    Manitoba 10 UBC 24
    YOU DESERVE TO SEE CANADA'S BEST!
    CLICK HERE FOR THE 2019 OHT27!.

Someone media-gifted please send a copy of the game to the UQTR Board and to the Union jerk too.

And add a soundtrack overlay that goes : Na na nana na !!!

Ethier is confused right now.

UBC won without being balanced on offence.

Maybe he learned a thing or two in how to attack Montreal.
    Laval Rouge et Or

The Rouge et Or are a special program. By far the strongest in the nation and likely the greatest program ever. - Duane Rollins, Sept 2nd 2008

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

AH !! TVA-Sports is putting the blame for the loss on the disturbing effects of the Quebec City crowd !

The Carabins players were "affected" by the fact that the R&O fans were behind UBC , this prevented them from
    repeating as Champions.

The poor dears, so fragile , they're sensitive souls you know .
    Clearly the most idiotic football related drivel uttered on a french sports channel since RDS tried to convince the province that Crompton was a #1 QB.
    Last edited by ExiledFan; 2015-11-28 at 13:16.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledFan View Post
    AH !! TVA-Sports is putting the blame for the loss on the disturbing effects of the Quebec City crowd !

The Carabins players were "affected" by the fact that the R&O fans were behind UBC , this prevented them from
    repeating as Champions.

The poor dears, so fragile , they're sensitive souls you know .
    Clearly the most idiotic football related drivel uttered on a french sports channel since RDS tried to convince the province that Crompton was a #1 QB.
    For real? Hahaha! They stoopid!
    Laval Rouge et Or

Montreal were counting on another kicker choking at the end of the game. Not this one.
    Laval Rouge et Or

Congrats to UBC and the Canwest ! a great victory !

Thanks to all the posters ! combined with the CIS "live play by play " I was the closest to the VC I could be without TV.

Tough loss for a Carabin fan. It would have been less painful to lose it in a playoff instead of watching ( reading ) QB Cousineau
    giving it away on an interception with under a minute to go ! Sad way to finish a career !
    ALLEZ LES BLEUS

Yep ! for real I watched their equivalent of Sport Center that began after the game broadcast was over.
    All that was missing was funeral dirges.
    The tiny girl that was doing the sideline report looked devastated and near tears.
    Someone should check if she's dating one of the players . no reporter should be that affected by a story

Quote Originally Posted by marton View Post
    For real? Hahaha! They stoopid!

Fantastic game and IMO a great result! Both teams played incredible at times, each spending stretches of the game dominating. I thought Mtl showed heart despite being down and out early. UBC did what they needed to hold off the surge though. One can only hope every Vanier is this closely contested.

Thanks for being good hosts Laval.

Anyone of you guys know which BC newspaper website I should check tomorrow for a local perspective ?

I confess my knowledge of BC-medias is uhmm sorely lacking.
    Last edited by ExiledFan; 2015-11-28 at 13:26.

I liked the SN announcer's comment early on in the game..."our boys playing our game." Right on! What a beauty.
    Go Gaiters Go. Playing Canadian Rugby/Football since 1884.
    Allez les Gaiters. Jouant le rugby/football canadien depuis 1884.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledFan View Post
    Anyone of you guys know which BC newspaper website I should check tomorrow for a local perspective ?

I confess my knowledge of BC-medias is uhmm sorely lacking.
    theprovince.com
    Krown Gridiron Nation on TSN. Your home for amateur football coverage from a Canadian perspective.

Thank you Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mullin View Post
    theprovince.com

Quote Originally Posted by marton View Post
    Ethier is confused right now.

UBC won without being balanced on offence.

Maybe he learned a thing or two in how to attack Montreal.
    To win this way, it took an incredible QB performance. Not sure what other teams could have made this work.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Husky Fan View Post
    To win this way, it took an incredible QB performance. Not sure what other teams could have made this work.
    I would not want to be a DC in the West right now.