PDA

View Full Version : Hey Y'all

Guster
2011-07-15, 06:10
Just thought I'd introduce myself.... a rather schizophrenic footballaholic.
I want to eventually change the avatar to a gaiters/marauders combo. My alma mater is Mac (also UofT but thats another matter).... but my son will be attending Bishops this year. It does give me the hope for a mac and bishops vanier though! (probably good chance for Mac but poor odds for Bishops to get out of the Q)

I live in Puslinch which is bordered by Guelph and Waterloo County so somedays I am cheering on the Hawks or the Warriors and gryphons.

I have been hovering on this board ... and others ...learning the lingo, the pecking order and enjoying the banter. Even before educating myself on this board, the persona of "Them" was evident. So its not just a football trait.

I am an avid Argos fan ... and my husband is a TiCat fan... and I do try and follow the Canadians in the CFL. (this year I think I have become a partial Stamps fan following Sinopoli on their roster)

I am looking forward to taking some trips down to the Eastern Townships for some games. It has always been my philosophy that you send your kids to school in nice places to visit.
The one question I do have.... what time do the tailgaters start on a SUnday Laval/Bishops game? I am looking forward to experiencing the funtimes in October... especially since there is limited tailgating in Ont. for the CIS games and also limited for the Argos

Cheers to all,

marton
2011-07-15, 06:57
Why welcome aboard Guster. Hope you feel at home and enjoy the discussions.

The one question I do have.... what time do the tailgaters start on a SUnday Laval/Bishops game?
Well it pretty much starts when the security lets people in around 6h00 to 6h30 am. For the hardcore tailgaters thnigs can't start too early.

As it is, the game is in mid-october so you can expect the place to be pretty lively by 9h30 or so.

osprey
2011-07-15, 10:01
Welcome aboard, Guster, and good luck to Bishop's!

There can never be enough Mac fans on this board!

Bizz
2011-07-15, 11:33
Feel at home in here Guster !

Hope your son enjoy Bishop's, my favourite venue to watch a football game.

VCVet
2011-07-20, 16:03
For the hardcore tailgaters things can't start too early.

And we all know Marton is truly Hard-Core.

Guster
2011-07-20, 20:36
Okay so if I sleep into 7 and arrive by 8 we should be good?
Another question for the Q gang. ... There was an article on the CFC site and it commented that...."It is (referring to the Q) the most progressive conference when it comes to summer training rules and guidelines."
What are the differences between conferences with regards to summer training rules?

marton
2011-07-21, 07:49
Okay so if I sleep into 7 and arrive by 8 we should be good?
Yup, that sounds good.

Another question for the Q gang. ... There was an article on the CFC site and it commented that...."It is (referring to the Q) the most progressive conference when it comes to summer training rules and guidelines."
What are the differences between conferences with regards to summer training rules?
First time I hear about that. No idea what differences there could be.

DSquared
2011-07-23, 08:05
Welcome aboard, Guster, and good luck to Bishop's!

There can never be enough Mac fans on this board!

Ditto that sentiment.

Welcome aboard Guster

Maple
2011-07-23, 13:27
Just thought I'd introduce myself...my son will be attending Bishops this year.

I am looking forward to taking some trips down to the Eastern Townships for some games. It has always been my philosophy that you send your kids to school in nice places to visit.

Cheers to all,

Good choice on your son's part (with a little parental influence perhaps?). Great place to attend university, great place to play and watch football and a great part of the country! Make sure you get to know Sherbrooke--a wonderful city with a very interesting history. If you downhill ski you will enjoy the area even more--all kinds of very good skiing all around you.

Best of luck to your son.

boysda
2011-08-03, 13:13
welcome to the board. a relative nube myself, i've found this place to be an enjoyable stop and an invaluable resource. Congrats to your son.