PDA

View Full Version : Is this thing on?

Mr. Lane's Hec
2010-09-01, 08:23
Thought I'd give this a whirl. Sorry in advance for spelling mistakes. I think too fast to type sometimes and the ADHD makes it hard to proof read.

I've watched CIS football a lot over the last -- GASP! -- 20 years, but less so in the past few. I'm hoping to catch-up for lost time.

A few things about me:

Laurier = Good.
Western = Evil.

That's about it.

P.s. - Has Jack Drover retired yet? If not, I may reconsider paying attention,

MLH

Oil Thigh
2010-09-01, 08:36
Welcome to the board and it seems you bring some great experience to the discussion. A few hints about the board:

- Never, ever question Golden Guy on OUA football history
- Please give some love to SFX. The SFX posters feel they do not get enought respect on this board so they could use some loving
- If Western is evil and Laurier is good then Queen's must be .....

BTW - we only have 3 more months to savour our Vanier so please address us as Mr. Vanier until our dream is over ...

Mr. Lane's Hec
2010-09-01, 08:43
Welcome to the board and it seems you bring some great experience to the discussion. A few hints about the board:

- Never, ever question Golden Guy on OUA football history
- Please give some love to SFX. The SFX posters feel they do not get enought respect on this board so they could use some loving
- If Western is evil and Laurier is good then Queen's must be .....

BTW - we only have 3 more months to savour our Vanier so please address us as Mr. Vanier until our dream is over ...
Champion,

I have a soft spot for the tri-colour.

Particularly for their collapse in the second half of the 1991 Churchill Bowl. You remember that one?

But, seriously, I'll take a Queen's win over the purple menace any day.

Bizz
2010-09-01, 08:49
Welcome aboard Mr Lane's Hec !!

Just a day late for the season's openers....

marton
2010-09-01, 08:56
P.s. - Has Jack Drover retired yet? If not, I may reconsider paying attention,
Yup, he's retired. Finally. You can stay.

22yearsLater
2010-09-03, 10:09
Welcome aboard MLH, nice to have another Hawk fan to trash talk when Western delivers it's yearly trouncing to the Golden Hawks, jumbo makes things too easy...

grb
2010-09-03, 16:15
Particularly for their collapse in the second half of the 1991 Churchill Bowl. You remember that one?

:mad: Yes; yes I do.

That "stain" was wiped away the following year, and by UofC collapsing in the Vanier, no less, last season, in similar fashion.

Anyhoo, welcome aboard...!