PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Alberta

Rids
2007-08-14, 18:23
Figured I would pop in here finally and introduce myself. 28 year old coach and scout. Work with high school students on their way to college and a few post-college players as they continue their dream. Loved college football since I was a little tyke and it's still my favorite time of year.

Spud
2007-08-15, 03:18
The Fall is my favorite season of the year too Rids.....cool days, comfortable evenings, turning leaves, back to school.....AND FOOTBALL!!!!:D :D

Only 28 eh.....for some reason I figured you were a bit longer in the tooth.;) :p

razor_sharp
2007-08-15, 05:17
Only 28 eh.....for some reason I figured you were a bit longer in the tooth.;) :p

You'd be surprised at how young some of us are here Spud ;) ;)

Spud
2007-08-15, 08:51
Ya know razor....I suspect you are right......the other night I was hosting a poker game with some young lads and lassies....and Kraftwerk "WE ARE THE ROBOTS" comes on Galaxy 80s (which I always have on:D )......and I said wow....Kraftwerk, its been a long time since I heard this song....and 8 people looked at me and ALL SAID....what is a KRAFTWERK?:eek: Mrs Spud, bless her heart....mucked her cards and smiled and said....Spud, you are getting old.

I might have mentioned something about my socks then.....:p :p

Rids
2007-08-15, 16:58

It's better that you are shocked at my age to the youthful side than to the older side!

In fact tonight out watching my son kick a football around I suddenly came to the recognition that he'll never play for Laval at this rate... :)

Bizz
2007-08-16, 05:01
In fact tonight out watching my son kick a football around I suddenly came to the recognition that he'll never play for Laval at this rate... :)

What is it, you don't want him to have a Vanier ring ?? ;)

Rids
2007-08-16, 20:06
Aw Laval wouldn't recruit a kicker...maybe by the time the runt gets big enough for college they will see a need there.

marton
2007-08-16, 20:20
Aw Laval wouldn't recruit a kicker...maybe by the time the runt gets big enough for college they will see a need there.
Partly correct. We had some success importing them so unless your kid moves to attend CEGEP you never know. ;)

Rids
2007-08-16, 22:07
So I should start building his profile page now then? hehehe

500tonelevators
2007-08-19, 16:48
If he shows any potential before kindergarden , Nill will be knocking at your door, guaranteed.

Rids
2007-08-20, 19:02
Then I'll send him the address for the personal coach visit to discuss playing time.

marton
2007-08-20, 19:06
Then I'll send him the address for the personal coach visit to discuss playing time.
Playing time for a kicker. Funny, I thought they played on most drives that fail and all the drives that succeed, with the exception of the occasional 2-pt convert. What more would you want? :)