PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Notre Dame Football

Cyrus
2010-03-25, 14:46
I just needed to get that off my chest.

thejumpoff
2010-03-25, 14:57
I just needed to get that off my chest.

Duke is to NCAA hoops as Notre Dame is to NCAA as far as dislike goes...

Feel better, Cyrus?

CDogg1
2010-03-26, 04:44
Cyrus,

I'm Irish-Catholic and i absolutely despise Notre Dame. Now you can hate them even more with their new scumbag of a head coach.

thejumpoff
2010-03-26, 07:34
I will add Ohio State to the list of NCAA football teams that irrirate me.

NieuHuskyFan
2010-03-26, 08:40
Top 5 Most Irritating NCAA Football Teams (in my house)
1) Miami Hurricanes
2) Notre Dame Fighting Irish
3) Ohio State Buckeyes
4) USC Trojans
5) BYU Cougars

CDogg1
2010-03-26, 11:47

LOL! I went to Ohio State and worked in the athletic department for a little while. My uncle coached under Jim Tressel. Knowing a few of the players really well, i'm not irritated about them or their attitude, they are really great guys. It's the fans who really upset me.

NieuHuskyFan
2010-03-26, 13:52
LOL! I went to Ohio State and worked in the athletic department for a little while. My uncle coached under Jim Tressel. Knowing a few of the players really well, i'm not irritated about them or their attitude, they are really great guys. It's the fans who really upset me.
....and that farkin "sweater-vest" !!!!!

marton
2010-03-26, 14:23
They stand alone on my list.

Bizz
2010-03-27, 14:42
Where's Ohio, in the middle-east ??

two four
2010-03-29, 07:10
Cyrus,

I'm Irish-Catholic and i absolutely despise Notre Dame. Now you can hate them even more with their new scumbag of a head coach.

As an Irish-Catholic, I'd say you speak for the miniscule minority of Irish-Catholics....Go Irish!!... and Brian Kelly!

In fact, here is an interview with Coach Kelly from March 26, 2010

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032610aaf.html

thejumpoff
2010-03-29, 19:10

Why I hate Ohio State, the way some of the fans went on after the win vs. Miami in the Fiesta Bowl (known as "the biggest officiating injustice-job" in BCS history). The infamous pass interference call in OT was the worst I have viewed in my lifetime.

Ohio State to me, has arrogant fans. When Ohio State loses, out come excuses...yeah they go to BCS championship games but the Buckeyes get run out of the field by the SEC speed.

two four
2010-03-30, 07:38
But really Ohio Sate will never be Notre Dame...ever!! Go Irish!!

http://www.cisfootball.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=78

thejumpoff
2010-03-31, 07:13
Top 5 Most Irritating NCAA Football Teams (in my house)
1) Miami Hurricanes
2) Notre Dame Fighting Irish
3) Ohio State Buckeyes
4) USC Trojans
5) BYU Cougars

The Miami Hurricanes of the 80s and early 90s changed the face of college football. If you are referring to this decade, I can begin to understand the hate. In light of the very well done ESPN documentary "The U", I think some people hated Miami for the wrong reasons and if one considers the cultural climate of the 80s and 90s, the perception of Miami U as "the thugs' or as it was put bluntly "black guys with attitude--scared white America". Personally, I loved it!

Curious to see why you do not like BYU. I would put Tennessee Vols in my list. That fight song "Rocky Top" irratates me to no end.