PDA

View Full Version : Another long time reader, first time poster

CDogg1
2010-03-20, 13:48
Hello everybody. I have been reading on this board for a few weeks and have decided to join in. Sorry up front for a lack of expertise on Canadian football (I'm a Yank from Ohio) but have been fascinated by the Canadian game. I'm also glad to see that everyone on here is civil with each other. You cannot find much of that here in the States. Hope to be able to learn more about the game and join in on the spirited discussions!

Bizz
2010-03-20, 16:17
Welcome aboard Cdogg1 !!

Hope you found a place to fulfill your appreciation of 3 downs, no fair catch football ! ;)

First thing's first, the name to recall is L-A-V-A-L.. Easy, it spells the same forward and backward ! Any other team is a prey for them...

Enjoy !!

Osmonic
2010-03-21, 09:21
CDogg,

I was in Tennessee last week and had some great discussions regarding the finite differences in the US vs Canadian game.

Hope you enjoy the board and as Bizz pointed out........ ......the Laval fans are bias to a fault.

27 teams, four divisions, one national champion. It's a good league.

la Tuque
2010-03-21, 10:31
Hope you'll enjoy the exchange of ideas, opinions, bias and weird sense of humour (with the u) at times, Cdogg. But I must warn you: some of the old timers here are stickers for details.

For example, the title of your thread...

Another long time reader, first time poster

... seems to conflict with this

...I have been reading on this board for a few weeks ... :D ;)

For Osmonic: 27 teams??? :p

CDogg1
2010-03-21, 13:28
CDogg,

I was in Tennessee last week and had some great discussions regarding the finite differences in the US vs Canadian game.

Hope you enjoy the board and as Bizz pointed out........ ......the Laval fans are bias to a fault.

27 teams, four divisions, one national champion. It's a good league.

Unfortunately, in Columbus, Ohio we could never have these kinds of discussions. Ohio State IS football here and according to everybody, any other teams or leagues aren't good enough.

It is great that there is a definitive national champion. I like the system in the U.S. too, except for the fact everyone complains that they should be the team to be in the championship game.

Seeing football from every division CIS to NCAA (all levels) and NAIA. CIS schools could compete with lower division 1 schools. There are also schools, though, in division 2 and 3 that would easily handle a good majority of CIS schools.

A somewhat funny and depressing story. I got majorly heckled at an Ohio State game this past season for wearing Saskatchewan Roughrider gear...they thought i was wearing Michigan State stuff.:rolleyes:

GoldenHawkfan
2010-03-29, 18:45
Welcome aboard CDogg hope you enjoy the discussion! Love that you wore CFL gear to an NCAA game, that's awesome! :D

22yearsLater
2010-09-03, 10:32
I know I am late to this thread but I don't get to this part of the board very often. Nice to find a fan of the game regardless of how it is played, too many people get caught up in comparing the two games (US vs Canadian), best just to enjoy both.

In finding a team to support in the CIS, there is only one choice, we are known alternatively as Them, the purple ponies, and the purple menace. People accuse us of drinking purple kool-aid and clouding things in purple smoke. We are the University of Western Ontario Mustangs, the winning-est team in the CIS with 6 Vanier Cup Championships, 12 final appearances and 28 Yates Cup Championships. (Though the weenies are coming on strong!!)

Oil Thigh
2010-09-03, 10:56
Actually Queen's would be the winning-est team in the CIS with 8 National Championships and 30 conference titles. Of course, all of this is subject to Golden Guy's review.

Bizz
2010-09-03, 11:17
Championships acquired B.C. don't count....

22yearsLater
2010-09-08, 19:53
Actually Queen's would be the winning-est team in the CIS with 8 National Championships and 30 conference titles. Of course, all of this is subject to Golden Guy's review.

I don't have all the history down pat, did Queen's change conferences? I will give you the benefit of the doubt and change my wording to say Western is the winning-est team in the CIS in the Vanier Cup playoffs (1965-present) and the winning-est team in Yates Cup play.

Oil Thigh
2010-09-09, 12:06
Queen's was in the OQ for a number of years where they won about 6-8 Dunsmore Cups.

The national champioships include 3 Grey Cups which stretch things a little. So maybe 7 overall with the 4 Vaniers.

boysda
2010-09-09, 14:28
Hello everybody. I have been reading on this board for a few weeks and have decided to join in. Sorry up front for a lack of expertise on Canadian football (I'm a Yank from Ohio) but have been fascinated by the Canadian game. I'm also glad to see that everyone on here is civil with each other. You cannot find much of that here in the States. Hope to be able to learn more about the game and join in on the spirited discussions!

don't know how i missed this last march. welcome from another yank (from PA). Just got back from Youngstown, where Ursuline put a serious stomping on my oldest son's team. you grow 'em big out there. first time i've seen a high school team with 3 O-linemen who topped 300. yikes.