PDA

View Full Version : Fenris is a new old one.

Fenris
2007-08-10, 07:21
Hello

I'm an old hand here and a new one at the same time. Let's say I'm somewhere between Spud and Marton.
For those of you who never heard of me, I'm a computer science professionnal. I used to live in Sainte-Foy less than 2 km for The Field (The PEPS Field, of course). I now live about 30 km from there in Donnacona with a view on the magnificent St Lawrence river.

I read a lot and it sometimes shows in my ravings in the pub.

My skeleton in the closet is: I don't drink much!

I've been at every R&O local games before last year which I missed for major reasons. This include the exhibition year. I've also been at nearly all post season games with the R&O. To say I'm a hard core fan is to say the sea is slighty wet.

This said, I'm also a fan of Spud's stories and I've as much fun reading them as writing to pull someone's leg. I'm rarely serious here and if I want to insult you, you'll know, but it will be for fun.

Just to establish a "new" tradition, I suggest everybody who introduce himself here should have to tell us of a skeleton in his closet.

Fenris

Spud
2007-08-10, 11:41
Good Stuff Fenris......skeleton in the closet......hmmmmm....oh I know....I once dated a great gal who went to Acadia (while I was going to SMU). ( I had a lot of fun going to EXIT 10 bashes.):D

la Tuque
2007-08-11, 12:50
Gosh!!! I canít get in the main skeleton closet. It likely got pretty messed up during the 2005 earthquake and I canít open the door. I suspect that most of the skeletons fell off their racks and the bones are piled up against the door, which opens inward. Iíve been too busy with dot.org to really care.

I did look in the six interim closets Iíve been using since. Theyíre not organized & look like ossuaries.

One of the last skeletons I remember putting away has to do with my friend BigJake, and I donít feel comfortable bringing it out in the open without checking with him first. Iíll likely need a hand from him as well to take it out because itís a BIGGIE and shows how much I care for the guyÖ :D ;)

BTW, the "girlfriend" does not qualify for this post. She's only in the closet during the day :o :D

marton
2007-08-11, 13:19
Shame on me. I'm a Laval fan and... I know some of them rules.

Fenris
2007-08-20, 08:57
Shame on me. I'm a Laval fan and... I know some of them rules.Shame on you for saying it... Not for knowing them.:D :p

BigJake
2007-09-09, 14:02
Well, it's Sunday and it's supper time. Got to follow up on my threat to let one of my skeletons out of the closet 'cause BJ is ignoring it.

... You'll pay for this big time. I give you till Sunday supper time to start posting again on a regular basis or I'll let the BIG SKELETON out of the closet.

http://www.cisfootball.org/forums/showthread.php?p=6589&highlight=skeleton#post6589

You've been warned... You know where to reach me.

LT ;)

PS for The Bride: Plse talk some sense into that poor excuse you have for a hubby (is it hobby) :D :D :D ;)

Looks like The Bride didn't manage to talk some sense into BJ. Consequently, on with the truth.

...One of the last skeletons I remember putting away has to do with my friend BigJake, and I donít feel comfortable bringing it out in the open without checking with him first. Iíll likely need a hand from him as well to take it out because itís a BIGGIE and shows how much I care for the guyÖ :D ;)

http://www.cisfootball.org/forums/newreply.php?=9958

Not long after last football season, BJ stopped posting on the forum. When the old Pub burned down. He delayed becoming a member of this one, in spite of CJ's advise that no "old timer's handle" would be protected after September.

BJ still did not registered, and that really peed me off :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So, I did it for him, using his e-mail address. After all, he's a really good buddy, and what are friends for... :D :D :D

I then checked the members list for close to a month and he still hadn't activated his membership. All he had to do was to answer the forum e-mail with a simple "click" to follow the registration process. :rolleyes: I would then have e-mailed him the account password.

Well, last April 14, I had enough. I switched the e-mail address to mine & registered my buddy's handle, which gave me full control of it. I disabled the e-mail & PM functions, as I didn't want to "cheat" by snooping into the SMU SWOP (Secret World of PMs)... :D :D :D I believe in "fair play".

But I did let some of his close SMU buddies know that I controlled his handle. ;)

It's obvious that BJ still has an interest in this forum as he sent me some "text" to post on his behalf. This will be BJ's 14th post since I registered this handle so it's easy to tell which ones I made up (Mattrak: yours was one he sent me but I corrected the spelling). :D :D :D

Therefore, this is a PUBLIC NOTICE that BJ has turned into an X-FAN

I (La Tuque) will control this handle and I will "antagonish" SMU till the real BIGJAKE comes to his senses and becomes active on this forum again. I will e-mail this page to him & to The Bride.

BTW, La Tuque couldn't say it, but I can: SMU really stunk yesterday. Good think they had the zebras on their side :p :p :p :p

BJ: I'm doing this for you, buddy. ;)