PDA

View Full Version : Nov 28th week games

marton
2009-11-26, 18:46
Not the 28th yet but there is a very fun barn burner going on between Texas and Texas A&M.

QB showdown, 28-21 Tx after a half.

McCoy is working on getting back in the Heissman race.

Go Horns!!!

chappy
2009-11-26, 23:34
Not exactly a dominant performance by Texas. I believe they were favoured by 22 in this one over a .500 team.

Alas all they need to do is take care of business against Nebraska, call me sentimental but I really would like to see Cinderella (TCU) get a shot. Too bad barring a catastrophic upset it is an impossibility.

thejumpoff
2009-11-27, 11:57
Not exactly a dominant performance by Texas. I believe they were favoured by 22 in this one over a .500 team.

Alas all they need to do is take care of business against Nebraska, call me sentimental but I really would like to see Cinderella (TCU) get a shot. Too bad barring a catastrophic upset it is an impossibility.

If you consider Texas-Texas A7M a rivarily game..A&M would be up for it. The game ws at A&M. For Texas, they won. If they win next week vs. Nebraska in the Big 12 title game, Texas likely will head to Pasadena.

I can't wait for this weekend. Vanier Cup..Florida/FSU game and tomorrow the Grey Cup. Hopefully the Als will prevail

thejumpoff
2009-11-27, 14:05
Watching Alabama-Auburn on CBS.

21-17 Auburn 5:30 left in the 3rd quarter. I think it is a good game....

Alabama wins 26-21...the Tide now face Florida in the SEC final next weekend in the A-T-L.

Cyrus
2009-11-28, 15:45
Please Coach Bowden: As a lifelong fan of the 'Noles, I beg you to step aside and give Fisher a chance to rebuild this program. I give you all the credit in the world for accomplishing all that you have at FSU, but for the good of the program it's time to step aside in favour of someone who will give this team a fresh perspective.

Cyrus
2009-11-28, 15:59
The Notre Dame/Stanford game features to head coaches, that are both arrogant pricks, going head to head.

Sasky Boy
2009-11-28, 19:32
Please Coach Bowden: As a lifelong fan of the 'Noles, I beg you to step aside and give Fisher a chance to rebuild this program. I give you all the credit in the world for accomplishing all that you have at FSU, but for the good of the program it's time to step aside in favour of someone who will give this team a fresh perspective.

That beating was one of the finest I have ever seen my nemeses take. Gators are not getting great media right now. Not a hard push for Tebow at QB and most people favour Bama right now. I think people get sick of one team and one guy.

Oh well.

PS - They say IOWA will play TCU. How is that possible. Talk about putting the worst possible team against TCU. Why not have a respectable team play an undefeated. I think we could have trouble with 2 undefeateds this year.

Cyrus
2009-11-28, 20:16
Fun watching Gerhard run the ball. I'm not used to watching a white guy be a dominant tailback in 4 down football.

Cyrus
2009-11-28, 20:20
I think people get sick of one team and one guy.
I'm certainly sick of the attention given to one guy. It is ridiculous how much of the t.v. commentary, between the whistles, is about Tebow. Absolutely ridiculous. He is an outstanding player and leader but, today alone, there must have been at least half a dozen references to his press conference following last year's loss to Ole Miss.

chappy
2009-11-28, 20:51
It was a pleasure to watch Gerhart run the ball doesn't get the press I'm sure being at Stanford that he would at a bigger name school but 3 games over 200, 7 straight over 100 and 25 rushing tds. Wow he is a beast.

How can TCU possibly play Iowa? They've got to be in a BCS bowl I don't see how Iowa would be in a BCS game seeing they didn't win the Big Ten. I wouldn't pick them as an at-large for a BCS bowl game. That would suck if it were them I want to see TCU against a 1 loss or less team. I would select Pittsburgh over Iowa. Boise should also get a shot (an Oregon Pac 10 title would benefit their chances) but they will get shafted.

Championship game will feature the SEC winner against Texas in all likelihood (I don't see them losing to Nebraska).

What would be interesing is if the SEC title game were close and somehow Texas lost whether you would get a re-match of the SEC title game for the BCS championship....

Also with a good performance Cinci probably leap frogs (no pun intended) TCU.

Likely participants

GT- ACC
Texas - Big 12
Florida and Alabama - SEC
TCU - non big conference
Cinci - Big East
Oregon/St winner- Pac 10
OSU - Big 10

thejumpoff
2009-11-29, 06:42
Chappy,

I think it is doubtful a rematch of Florida-Alabama would happen in the BCS title game.

The "experts" have predicted a TCU-Iowa Fiesta...possible based on this. The Fiesta would get second pick of teams since (assuming Texas wins the Big 12), lose them to the BCS title game (the Sugar gets 1st pick since they lose the SEC winner). I can see two scenarios: TCU in the Sugar or Fiesta. Iowa can get in as a at-large because they are in the top 12 BCS standings.

Starting Thursday, Pac-10 title is decided (Oregon/Oregon State. Saturday, Big East (Cincinatti/Pittsburgh), ACC (Clemson/Georgia Tech), Big 12 (Texas/Nebraska) and the much anticipated FLorida/Alabama "unofficial national semi-final". If the favs win out; TCU, Boise State and I will pick Iowa get at large bids. It gets weird if Nebraska beats Texas and/or Pittsburgh beats Cincinatti. It's happened before(2001) so anything is possible.

Assume Nebraska and Pittsburgh win. I think the BCS games look like this:

Rose: Ohio State vs. Pac-10 champ.
Orange: Pittsburgh vs. ACC champ.
Sugar: Florida/Alabama loser vs. Texas
Fiesta: Nebraska vs. Boise State
BCS: Florida/Alabama winner vs. Texas Christian

Another factor is how far does Texas drop in the polls, with this scenario Cincinatti and Iowa are no longer in the mix for BCS spots. If I am Iowa right now, I root for Cincinatti and Texas.

Rids
2009-11-29, 13:48
Nebraska can't make a BCS game without winning the Big 12 which won't happen. They are a 3 loss team that dropped a home date against Missouri.

Oregon State and Oregon are in the same boat. One of them will be in a BCS game and one will play a December bowl.

In the BCS right now Cinci is sitting at #5 which should keep them in the mix. A big grouping of undefeated schools will likely end up with Texas playing the SEC Champ in the big game leaving TCU in a Sugar Bowl.

Sasky Boy
2009-11-29, 23:37
I'm certainly sick of the attention given to one guy. It is ridiculous how much of the t.v. commentary, between the whistles, is about Tebow. Absolutely ridiculous. He is an outstanding player and leader but, today alone, there must have been at least half a dozen references to his press conference following last year's loss to Ole Miss.

Watching Favre is even worse.

What irritates me about Tebow coverage is that it hurts him. He was screwed over by a pathetic and completely unprofessional block of votes from the south-west last year. Let's put it this way, if Tebow had not won the Heisman 2 years ago, there is absolutely no way he would not get it this year. He has re-written the record books and is on the verge of a 3rd national title. Being an integral member of 3 national titles is a feat accomplished by who else? Creighton Miller maybe? Moose Krause? I don't know.

IF the gators win another title, he should go down as on the the top 10 greatest players in college history. Yet, I am sick of the media.

PS - I swear to you that if UF/Bama lose the "right way" and TX goes down too, there will be an SEC rematch. If Ingram and Jones do not play, Bama gets screwed by refs, and UF wins by 1 point...people will want a rematch.

Don't forget that for good and bad, the National Title game is pretty much locked in just hours after the SEC & B12 title games!

PPS - As for all the folks saying UF has no chance (which seems like everyone here is the US), let's not forget that UF played Bama w/o the best player in college FB last year: Percey Harvin! UF is a much stronger team this year. They have not lost a single significant player from last year's SEC championship. Bama lost a handful of critical players. Ingram will not have 75 yards and their QB will crack under the stress fo the best D in the world of amateur FB.

IMO...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;););)
:cool: