PDA

View Full Version : First time caller, long time listener

Hawk4Life
2009-10-12, 14:42
Great day for talk radio ....

I've been following this site for what seems like years, and for some reason never got to setting up an account. Seems like now's a good a time as any! Laurier grad (coming up on 20 years), still hit 2-3 home games and 1-2 away games a year. Happily bringing the kids to the games now (they're not quite brainwashed yet but my 6 year old "gets it" enough to know that when he wakes up Saturday morning he might as well get into his purple-and-gold gear) - my wife is banned as we have recorded and verifiable history that says when she comes, WLU loses. I think we're both OK with that decision.

I'm somewhat of a homer - but all real fans have a home base somewhere to start with - but I'm also a CIS football fan more than anything. When people ask I always say I'll follow CIS football through to the end of the season, then CFL, and then I'll pick up the NFL game. Simply don't have time to cover all 3 so might as well rank them in order of interest.

Favourite game - 2005 Vanier Cup (in the stands with kids and friends, colder than I'd been in ages, last minute win - it really truly doesn't get any better than that), with a close second being the 2004 Uteck. You guys put on a great day, I expect to be back later this year!

Spud
2009-10-12, 14:56
You are our kind of people, welcome.:D

Bizz
2009-10-12, 15:09
Bienvenue Hawk4Life !

Always a good thing to have more opinions.

PS : don't tell your wife malls are open on gameday... ;)

marton
2009-10-12, 15:29
You are are kind of people, welcome.:D
Indeed! Welcome aboard!

la Tuque
2009-10-12, 16:16
Welcome aboard. Always a pleasure to greet a "converter lurker"... :)

... Favourite game - 2005 Vanier Cup (in the stands with kids and friends, colder than I'd been in ages, last minute win - it really truly doesn't get any better than that...

That was my first VC. I'm sure I ran into Chappy at some point there, just didn't know who he was. As I posted in the old forum, it was a real pleasure to chat with a bunch of 1991 VC winners & watch that game on a portable TV at the tailgate.

These pics should bring memories...

GoldenHawkfan
2009-10-12, 18:13
Welcome aboard Hawk4Life, great to see more alum who still follow the team even years after they graduated! Hope you enjoy the discussions around here and the rest of the Golden Hawks season as well!

boysda
2009-10-13, 02:53
my wife is banned as we have recorded and verifiable history that says when she comes, WLU loses.

my wife is personally responsible for
-Notre Dame's 1993 loss to Boston college and
-the Senators 2nd half 2007 meltdown.

i'm glad to see great minds think alike.:)

HAWK14
2009-10-29, 14:24
Great day for talk radio ....

I've been following this site for what seems like years, and for some reason never got to setting up an account. Seems like now's a good a time as any! Laurier grad (coming up on 20 years), still hit 2-3 home games and 1-2 away games a year. Happily bringing the kids to the games now (they're not quite brainwashed yet but my 6 year old "gets it" enough to know that when he wakes up Saturday morning he might as well get into his purple-and-gold gear) - my wife is banned as we have recorded and verifiable history that says when she comes, WLU loses. I think we're both OK with that decision.

I'm somewhat of a homer - but all real fans have a home base somewhere to start with - but I'm also a CIS football fan more than anything. When people ask I always say I'll follow CIS football through to the end of the season, then CFL, and then I'll pick up the NFL game. Simply don't have time to cover all 3 so might as well rank them in order of interest.

Favourite game - 2005 Vanier Cup (in the stands with kids and friends, colder than I'd been in ages, last minute win - it really truly doesn't get any better than that), with a close second being the 2004 Uteck. You guys put on a great day, I expect to be back later this year!

hi. Were you at the first Vanier Cup win in 91? We must be close in age. I graduated 25 years ago. Yeah that was quite a cold game in Ivorr Wynee in 05. Remember all of the Laurier busses that rolled in. You know what ? This could be our year. Like the old hawk you use as your picture.

Hawk4Life
2009-10-29, 17:19
hi. Were you at the first Vanier Cup win in 91? We must be close in age. I graduated 25 years ago. Yeah that was quite a cold game in Ivorr Wynee in 05. Remember all of the Laurier busses that rolled in. You know what ? This could be our year. Like the old hawk you use as your picture.

Sure was - I graduated in '90 so was still fairly close to things. And while the 2004 game at Laval was cold I think I was colder in Hamilton. I still can't believe my 2 kids made it through the whole game without complaining (3 and 7 at the time).