PDA

View Full Version : MTA @ Laval - The Final Interlock Avatar challenge

Le Mount A Twin
2009-10-12, 09:29
The whole AUS is feverishly preparing for THE FINAL CHAPTER of the Interlock story. As expected, the smart money is on a final clean sweep by the non-mainlanders.

SMU will be sending its D team and back-up coaches to McGill to rest its best players, the HC and AC-DC before facing X the following week. X is not practicing this week to give Bishop's a fighting chance, and neither Alix nor Comptois will play against Bishop’s. Finally, the Axemen are spending the week studying the only game film that matters: Concordia’s LUCKY win over Sherby last week.

So, the only game likely to generate international interest is Mount A @ Laval, or Little David battling Goliath’s brother (Goliath now lives in Montréal).

The four AUS head coaches got together yesterday to assist in game preparation for Mount A, and I took minutes of that historic meeting. Although I’m sworn to secrecy, I’ll leak a few points to give R&O fans a heads up:

The Mount A OLine will travel to the PEPS in the X Coach (the BUS, not the HC) with the SMU DLine, to learn all about the R&O's dirty tricks
The Mount A DLine will travel in the SMU Sled with their OLine to familiarize themselves with the weaknesses of Laval’s offence, and will be dropped off at the PEPS as the sled makes its way to Montréal for the McGill game.
The Mount A Special Team is leaving Allison City tonight and will hitchhike to Québec City, and by the time they report to the PEPS, they won’t be afraid of anything.
The X bus will be parked in the PEPS tailgate area where Alix and Comptois, the new X-Men ambassadors, will BBQ fresh lobsters, shrimps on a stick and scallops to lure potential quality recruits from La Belle Province. Bilingual university admission tests will administered on site, with special admission creteria for CEGEP kids (the answer to all question in French is “X”).
Jason Bertrand will be the starting QB for Mount A. This kid is the next Chris Flynn and I expect him to start calling plays in French once Mount A has established a comfortable lead. At that point, MTA receivers will scramble all over the field & Jason will find them (admittedly a strategy taken from Flynn’s playbook)

In spite of the fact that Laval’s 51 – 0 win over Concordia in Week 1 is of concern, the faith of Mounties fans on their team is unshakeable. The Mounties will make the AUS proud.

Consequently,

I’M IN

and I’ve already been assured that I’ll be backed up by other knowledgeable fans of CIS football from across Canada, the US and the UK, mainly because they would love to see Laval dropped off the Top 10 by Hollywood, Chuck, Wilson & company, but also because there will be no fan of Q-Tip teams willing to take part in Avatar challenges against the Salty Dogs, the Lumberjacks or the Mutants…

Any LavaLife takers???

la Tuque
2009-10-12, 09:36
I'M IN, brother,

and I'm bringing with me the POWER OF X (old math joke...)

Bizz
2009-10-12, 15:06
If you're both craving to put a Laval avatar on, just choose a standard one and wear it. :D :D :D

marton
2009-10-12, 15:31
If you're both craving to put a Laval avatar on, just choose a standard one and wear it. :D :D :D
LMAO! Ain't that the truth. Good thing is, if LT and friend are to crossdress, doing it in glorious Red and Gold will make them manly, for once.

la Tuque
2009-10-12, 16:34
Hey Oreos,

A bit of RESPECT for the Twin here, SVP :mad:

RESPECT has to be EARNED & the Twin was not afraid to throw a CHALLENGE in your smirking faces to earn it from all dot.orgers.

If you're too SCARED to accept his CHALLENGE, please refrain from POLLUTING this thread with inconsequential verbiage (yes, Sir Brophy, those are English words) and make room for Sebby & Tonton, two REAL R&O fans... :p

Sebby
2009-10-15, 17:27
Hey, sorry for the late bet. For once, someone wants to play with us!

I can taste blood in the water! Maybe it's wrong, maybe it's like stealing candy from children :D, but I'M IN!

Your careful plans will be for naught!

Le Mount A Twin
2009-10-15, 19:18
Sebby: We've never been formally introduced, but my Twin spoke very highly of you, and we'll certainly meet at the M.O.A.T. next month. So, no formalities are required.

As a result of your involvement in this challenge, I fully expect you to wear my Avatar by 1800 hrs (Eastern Time) this coming Saturday, October 17, once the game results are posted. No other condition.

As a favour, will you please tell LT that he WILL HAVE TO split the $10 with me... :D

Mattrak
2009-10-16, 07:05
I'm interested and was wondering why no one added to the challenge Phil issued in the PUB...

I am interested, but what kind of line do the Laval fans want? I called Imaginary Vegas and MTA is favored by 17, which sounds a bit high to me. I think MTA minus 10 is more reasonable. But at the same time, three quick strikes by MTA and three two and outs by Laval and all of a sudden, we are up by 21... in the CIS, it can go fast...

la Tuque
2009-10-16, 07:54
I'm interested and was wondering why no one added to the challenge Phil issued in the PUB...
The men (Les hommes) know in which sections challenges take place on dot.org.

Les filles du Québec (the Phils from Quebec) can only do it in the Pub... :D

Phil_B
2009-10-16, 09:45

I am interested, but what kind of line do the Laval fans want? I called Imaginary Vegas and MTA is favored by 17, which sounds a bit high to me. I think MTA minus 10 is more reasonable. But at the same time, three quick strikes by MTA and three two and outs by Laval and all of a sudden, we are up by 21... in the CIS, it can go fast...

Good, so I offer to bet my avatar on a spread of 24. So Laval by 24 or more, I win. If by any miracle MTA can make it a close game, I will proudly wear the MTA avatar for a week. :D

Mattrak
2009-10-16, 11:30
Good, so I offer to bet my avatar on a spread of 24. So Laval by 24 or more, I win. If by any miracle MTA can make it a close game, I will proudly wear the MTA avatar for a week. :D

Guys are prediciting a three digit win, a looooong afternoon for MTA, a blowout, a massive destruction, a complete demolition project, and you offer a line of 24?:confused: what kind of a man are you?:D In the back of your head, right now, you are thinking 56-0 or 62-0 or 70-0, right?

Give me a real spread (at least 5 TD's) and we'll play. But there is a catch. If MTA scores one TD, I win, no matter how many points Laval puts up.

MTA got blown out last year by the team your team beat 52-0 5 weeks ago...

I always support my team but have to acknowledge that this team is a couple of years away from competing with a national caliber team.

So, spread of 35 + the TD clause and we are on. Gambling is fun when you have a little fear of losing. at 24, you will not have any fun.:( Let,s have fun!:)

Bizz
2009-10-16, 16:32
OK, let's make a deal.

I give you the 35 or more spread, but I'll go if MtA scores 11 pts or more.

Just to be clear :

- MtA scores 11 pts or more, you win.

- MtA scores 10 or less AND Laval scores 35 or more pts OVER what MtA puts on the scoreboard, I win.

MtA 11, Laval 335 = you win.
MtA 10, Laval 44 = you win
MtA 10, Laval 45 (or more) = I win

Under those conditions, I'M IM !!

Man, those Mounties are tougher than some St-Lawrence street Jewish when it's time to make a deal... :o

Mattrak
2009-10-16, 16:41
Ok, 35 point spread and a MTA avatar for Bizz if MTA scores 9 points.

or

42 point spread and a MTA avatar for Bizz if MTA scores 10 points.

Bizz
2009-10-16, 16:47
No deal,

Considering MtA will play vs our 2nd and 3rd stringers for half the game, I stick to my original offer.

marton
2009-10-16, 17:31
Too many rules in there. I don't like rules. The only rule I fully grasp is that at the end of the game Laval win. I believe it has to do with points but I'm not sure.

I also know that about once a year an exception happens. Chaos theory or something. Don't understand that either.

Anyway... winner takes all, spoils of war and everything. I'M.... I'M...

The anomaly has already happened this year, right?

OK then... I'M...

Is it fair play to accept a bet when you know the result beforehand? Because I have a code of honor preventing me from preying on unsuspecting X fans.

I know this is MtA, not X... but still...

Oh well, the hell with it... I'M IN!

When Laval win, I win. If another anomaly happens I trade Red and Gold for Dark Red and Gold for a week.

Mattrak
2009-10-16, 17:41
ok Bizz, you have been spending to much time on St Laurent...

you win, 35 point spread and 10 points.

I'm IN!!!!

Phil_B
2009-10-16, 17:45
Well ... looks like Mattrak is only half an MTA Fan ... he has a deal with Bizz, I AM IN anyway!

Go Laval Go, about time someone beats that 105 pts record!

marton
2009-10-16, 18:05
Go Laval Go, about time someone beats that 105 pts record!
I don't think Glen will go there... but 72 seems like a nice line. Less than that and the players will have lots more work to do. More than that gets in the 'running up the score' territory.

On the other side... barring a TD by Ross managing to escape I don't see all that many points being scored. I stick with my zero, especially if Milo kicks away from Ross. Which, BTW, I'm not at all sure is the game plan.

la Tuque
2009-10-16, 18:48
Consequently,

I’M IN

and I’ve already been assured that I’ll be backed up by other knowledgeable fans of CIS football from across Canada, the US and the UK...

Man, was the Twin ever dumb to count on Mattrak... :eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

Glad to see you finally picked up a dance card, Marton. I'll be wearing my red dress tomorrow ... :D

That darn "Bienvenue à Montréal" thread again... :cool:

Spud
2009-10-17, 04:49
You guys should be ashamed of behaviour in this thread, wayyyyyy to much in the way of negotations and not near enough name calling....this thread is an insult to trashtalking, No reference anyplace to nobby knees, sisters one eyebrow or mustache, dentures, live bait sales professionals........geeeezzzz....If I was CJ I would lock this thread.:p

Spud
2009-10-17, 05:04
PS, Laval Sucks, and I am picking the Mounties for a small upset, Mounties by a Rouge.:)

BTW, I heard blueberry finally had the 26 lip peircings removed after he had a "incident" that somehow saw his wristwatch (attached to his arm) get locked into said 22 piercings and Blueberry had to be airlifted to Sisters of Chasity and almost NO SIN Hospital for surgery where Vetrenarian turned Brian Surgeon, turned Piercing removal guy with advanced Arc Welding knowledge, surgicaly removed the 22 piercings and managed to save the hand and the High School Musical Watch.:D:p

marton
2009-10-17, 11:51
I don't think Glen will go there... but 72 seems like a nice line. Less than that and the players will have lots more work to do. More than that gets in the 'running up the score' territory.

On the other side... barring a TD by Ross managing to escape I don't see all that many points being scored. I stick with my zero, especially if Milo kicks away from Ross. Which, BTW, I'm not at all sure is the game plan.
Got it all wrong. Was 73 instead of 72.

And a big play by Ross for the Mounties.

As expected.

Thank you. ;)

Le Mount A Twin
2009-10-18, 04:17
My bad. :o I pulled a Spud & I posted this in the LOS instead of here... :D
-----------------------------------------------------

:( Congratulations, Laval, for this totally undeserved win over my team...

I'm quite disappointed with the outcome of the game, but I cannot fault the Mounties. They played with heart, their game plan was perfect BUT they couldn't predict that there was a TRAITOR on the bus that drove them to the PEPS... :mad:

I listened attentively to the beginning of the game and paid particular attention to the excellent radio commentators who set the stage up from the time both teams ran onto the field.

From their description of the way the R&O players set up for the coin toss, I started to suspect that something was horribly wrong. Then the description of the handshake between the team captains, followed by the peculiar way the R&O players ran back to their bench, confirmed my suspicions. SOMEONE had leaked the Mounties game plan to Laval... :mad:

Indirectly, I'm responsible for that leak...:o

Originally Posted by Le Mount A Twin
The Mount A OLine will travel to the PEPS in the X Coach (the BUS, not the HC)...

The X bus driver was hired recently. His security screening to determine his CIS football allegiance has yet to be finalized.

In view of the game plan leak, I strongly suspect that he's a Laval van... :eek:

I have a lot to say about that bus driver but I must fint LT. Earlier today, he learned that X lost & he started drinking again...

Mattrak
2009-10-18, 04:42
OK, more on this one later, as I have to take my daughter to her gymnastics class, but I kind of had a deal going with phil and Marton, while Bizz chickened out. Can you imagine? Bizz will be the guy remembered as the guy who would not take an avatar bet vs MTA.....

Phil_B
2009-10-20, 18:40
Mattrak, I must say that you wear the Laval logo pretty well. ;-)