PDA

View Full Version : Hello/Bonjour!

isaidso
2009-10-06, 23:23
I never knew this site existed and only stumbled upon it by accident. I've been a huge college football fan since about 1990, but it's been a passion I've had to enjoy by myself. I even travelled to my first Vanier Cup last year solo. It was worth it despite not being able to feel my toes by the 3rd quarter.

As you might imagine, I'm thrilled to have found cisfootball.org and talk to other people who share the same interest. My alma mater is Dalhousie University. Yes, I know we don't have a team, but that has never stopped me from going to games, and rooting for whom ever.

Thankfully, I've finally found friends who will go to games with me. I'm heading to see University of Toronto host Waterloo on Oct 17th. I'm interested in volunteering my services to help promote college football at a school somewhere. Any one want to bite? I'm a smart fella!

Please bring football to Dalhousie so I'll have a true home team to support and cheer for. Go Tigers! Till that happens, may the best team win!

Bizz
2009-10-07, 08:32
Bienvenue Isaidso.

Your resume makes me think you'll like it a lot in here.

Scammer
2009-10-07, 18:40
Yes, welcome. And thanks for tallying the attendance numbers.
Hope to see you at a game some time, but after a number of years in this group I have yet to meet anyone!

isaidso
2009-10-07, 18:48
Thank you for the kind words. I spend almost every free moment on here trying to learn as much about the different teams, programs, and personalities in Canadian college football. Maybe when the stars align, I'll put in some real work behind the scenes when the right opportunity arises.

If Dal ever made an overture to re-establish football, I'd move back east in a heart beat. For now, I'll be content with enjoying this site, going to games, and maybe meeting a few like minded people who want to see college football continue to prosper and grow.

Bizz: Congratulations on securing the Vanier Cup for 2 years. The CIS made a great decision in awarding this to Laval and the people of Quebec City.

Scammer: I'm glad people are taking an interest in the attendance lists. Laurier isn't far, so maybe I'll head up there some time soon.