PDA

View Full Version : X vs Mount A -- BATTLE IN THE SWAMP

professor x
2008-10-28, 15:06
MOUNTIE "DOUBLE-ZERO"!!! I'm calling you out!!

You got the balls to say your team can beat mine at home, even if X has a good day??

PROVE IT.

YOU DIDNT have the balls to say it before your team pulled off the biggest UPSET of the season in Sackville. You seem to have grown a pair since then :D

Standard Avi bet. Loser wears the opponent's team Avi until Friday the next week. I'll let you pick any off the rack. They're all good :D

I'M IN

Mrs Trk
2008-10-28, 15:09
X vs SMU? Something Freudian happening here?

Spud
2008-10-28, 15:10
Ummmrmmm Prof......you named the thread SMU at X....if you want 00 to read your challenge perhaps you might want to acknowledge that his team is actually playin in the SWAMP BOWL.:D :D

SMU will of course be watching the game on TV.;)

cjstora
2008-10-28, 15:16
(chuckles and edits the thread title)

professor x
2008-10-29, 00:53
:D it was late, I was high on swamp gas. It was a freudian SMUck :D

Mattrak
2008-10-29, 08:07
where is Bubbles, I want bubbles!!!! Could Bubbles be a bit scared???:D

This googly eyes C_ _ _ S_ _ _ _ _ will pay the price!!!:D

la Tuque
2008-10-29, 08:49
I'M IN.

X WILL STORM THE MOUNTIES

Which reminds me: Where's my buddy STORM??? Did he ever take part in an Avatar Challenge?

The Twin tells me he knows a heck of a lot more about the Mounties than the Meatrack does. Plus he's at all team practices and games, and he's one of their new cubs (or maybe the Twin said he was a scout :confused: ).

Good time to find out if he's got what it takes to get in the action...

Standard avi bet, but the winner picks the Avi. Storm will look nice in a new X cheerleader outfit :D ;)

Mattrak
2008-10-30, 05:08
The Twin tells me he knows a heck of a lot more about the Mounties than the Meatrack does.

The only person who knows more about MTA than Mighty Mattrak is God:D

Seriously, if 24 chickens out (pock pock pock pock pock pock), I will take you on LT, but I hate to embarras my lawyer, as I know it will just cost me later down the road. I can't win vs LT:( but my team sure can win @ X:) , just like the last time (yes, ages ago) MTA went to the Swamp for a playoff game.:cool:

razor_sharp
2008-10-30, 05:22

hey now.....

la Tuque
2008-10-30, 05:41
You're on, Meatrack!!!

And don't worry about getting a bill from my office. I do some volunteer work on my spare time & I consider taking you on a well needed public service to the dot.org community, particularly in view of your misguided support of the Bumbs. More later... :D ;)

professor x
2008-10-30, 06:10

Seriously, if 24 chickens out (pock pock pock pock pock pock), I will take you on LT, but I hate to embarras my lawyer, as I know it will just cost me later down the road. I can't win vs LT:( but my team sure can win @ X:) , just like the last time (yes, ages ago) MTA went to the Swamp for a playoff game.:cool:

Speaking of chickening out, you have yet to respond to my Signature Fan Club Challenge issued in the X vs MTA discussion thread. Might want to get on that ;)

Mattrak
2008-10-30, 10:26
Speaking of chickening out, you have yet to respond to my Signature Fan Club Challenge issued in the X vs MTA discussion thread. Might want to get on that ;)

sorry Prof, we are kind of spread out everywhere this week. I accepted the challenge in the pregame discussions thread but had to throw in a little twist. Might as well keep this one going here......Two Four....pock pock pock pock, Two Four...pock pock, pock, pock:D

la Tuque
2008-10-31, 10:15
Ever since I started following CIS football, I never doubted that the Mounties would make it to the playoffs in my lifetime. It’s worth repeating that a few guy on the team played HS & collegiate ball with my kid and I’ve always admired their tenacity when confronted with adversity. It’s well known that I openly cheered for them for the past years because I knew that, with recruits that committed themselves to the program and with good coaching, they were bound to get better (I’m also secretly cheering for the Lancers, the Varsity Blues and the Lions – Toronto version – but to see them make the playoffs before I croak might be pushing it a bit). :eek:

The Twin joined me on this forum and was a lot more outspoken than me. We had a long talk last night & I made him realize that I could no longer show any feelings for the Mounties, except maybe for sympathy after their season-ending loss in some 24 hours. I explained to him that I haven’t been active on the board for the past two weeks or so because it took me quite some time to read all the posts by MTA fans. I still think they’re great people except for one: the Meat-rack guy.

What a jerk this guy is. :mad: I seldom read his post in the old forum as he was coming across as Joe-know-it-all crying in his beer because his calls to greatness were to have repeatedly been beaten by that Flynn guy from the SMUCks, and by personally knowing Eric Lapointe (likely because he has front row seats at all his Montreal concerts).

Then the old forum burned down. I was hoping that CJ would write some script to prevent him for becoming a member of this one, but no such luck. I must admit that, back in the early months of 2007, the Meatrack seemed to have become a more responsible forum member and fan. His posts, at times, made some sense.

But I don’t think he’s got it all together this season. After a long telephone conversation with the QC Crown Attorney, it “appears” that he has succumbed to the enticing bribes from that well known Montreal underground persona, Russ-the-Boss, who got him to cheer for the Carabums. Rumours are that Russ-the-Boss runs a highly lucrative underground pipeline of extremely rugged disposable diapers manufactured in North-West Germany, and Meat-rack wants to market them because he thinks that the posterior of Montreal kids wearing them will be toughened up to perfection for the Carabums. That, and his repeated posts that the Carabums are not a dirty team, lead me to believe that Meat-Rack has completely lost touch with reality and should immediately be rejected from the Mount A brotherhood if they want to be respected on this forum. Furthermore and because Meat-rack obviously can’t handle his drinking, we should all sign a petition to CJ to cancel his forum membership on months with booze in them, in particular Septembeer, Octobeer and Novembeer…

Finally, I don’t know what Meat-Rack does for a living (except for thinking he knows more than God), but if he keeps wanting to get his hands dirty with Montreal scallywags and carrying on like an a$$, I just found the right job for him. :D ;)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i147/gilles999/funjob2.jpg

cjstora
2008-10-31, 10:26
Jeez. How'd you get a picture of Meat's prostate exam?

la Tuque
2008-10-31, 10:30
Been saving that one for a while, CJ. Should have used it when X played the "bums" :D

Spud
2008-10-31, 11:12
WOW....LT......that is quite the pick......lmao:D :D :D

Mattrak
2008-10-31, 11:42
Jeez. How'd you get a picture of Meat's prostate exam?

I'm confused, was I getting examined or was I the examiner?:D cause I like both:D :D :D .

I appreciate the long love letter LT but was it on retainer fee? At 300$ an hour, it will be expensive:D

Just so you know LT, I never had the opportunity to play vs Chris Flynn, you know, the guy who is possibly the second best university player of all time, right Spud?:D . I only got to play against the guys who replaced him during the leaner SMU years. Unfortunately for my team, there has not been a lot of lean years for SMU in the last 50 years:( . But I still managed to lay the smack down on all of them, and I mean all of them, no exceptions.

Anyways, I enjoyed your life stories and everything:D but are we making this one interesting or what?

So far, I got:

-A non accepted avatar challenge from me to Two Four (POCK-POCK-POCK-POCK, Chicken?)

-An accepted signature challenge against The Prof. The Prof will be the founder of the Gary Ross fan club:) .

-A message from my lawyer LT about being in, but I don,t see anyone who issues him a challenge before in the thread:confused: :D .

So, unless I get a message from Two Four that he is ready to make a man out of himself and commit to this life changing avatar wager with me, we will be ON.

I think it is rather simple. I will wear the avatar of your choice for a week. You know what, let's make it simple and I will put mine down against the both of you.:cool:

Mattrak
2008-10-31, 11:44
hey now.....

I meant God and Razor Sharp, sorry RS. Or could they be the same person?:D

la Tuque
2008-10-31, 12:39
Hey, Amtrak, glad to find you in such good spirits and still coherent this late on a Friday afternoon. :D

I'll make it simple for you: I'M IN & I'll comment:

I appreciate the long love letter LT but was it on retainer fee? At 300$ an hour, it will be expensive:D

Rates have gone up to $450 an hour since that 4 day trial where I successfully proved in court that your unfortunate accident was the direct result of you not getting enough sleep on the job, and I posted in this thread:

And don't worry about getting a bill from my office. I do some volunteer work in my spare time & I consider taking you on a well needed public service to the dot.org community, particularly in view of your misguided support of the Bums. More later...

Anyways, I enjoyed your life stories and everything:D but are we making this one interesting or what?

So far, I got:

-A message from my lawyer LT about being in, but I don,t see anyone who issues him a challenge before in the thread:confused: :D .

You posted in this thread:

Seriously, if 24 chickens out (pock pock pock pock pock pock), I will take you on LT, but I hate to embarrass my lawyer, as I know it will just cost me later down the road

and I replied:

You're on, Meatrack!!! So, unless I get a message from Two Four that he is ready to make a man out of himself and commit to this life changing avatar wager with me, we will be ON.

I think it is rather simple. I will wear the avatar of your choice for a week. You know what, let's make it simple and I will put mine down against the both of you.:cool:
I'll go for the avatar of choice, but I have one more condition. Take your pick from the choices below:

The loser will cheer for the winner's team as long as they play this season
Once you lose, you'll spend a week with my girlfriend. She's running low on helium & no longer makes me laugh as she used to...

:cool: :D ;)

Mattrak
2008-11-01, 06:21
I will go with option # 2, as she will probably get along great with my imaginary wife:D :D :D

la Tuque
2008-11-01, 17:57
I will go with option # 2, as she will probably get along great with my imaginary wife:D :D :D

I pulled the plugs out of the GF & the wind is almost out of her. I'll gift-wrap her & UPS her to your office so you can blow her up before you introduce her to your wife (click "Last Waltz" under albums) :D

If you need to log in, password is

tuque

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee122/LA_X_TUQUE/Last%20Waltz/

Your avatar for the week (let me know if it requires special fitting :D ;) :

Mattrak
2008-11-02, 03:01
I pulled the plugs out of the GF & the wind is almost out of her. I'll gift-wrap her & UPS her to your office so you can blow her up before you introduce her to your wife (click "Last Waltz" under albums) :D

If you need to log in, password is

tuque

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee122/LA_X_TUQUE/Last%20Waltz/

Your avatar for the week (let me know if it requires special fitting :D ;) :

Thank god you did not put a blowout clause, I would have accepted it for sure.:D I think I have respected all my wagering commitments, unless the prof or the LT tell me otherwise. Good luck to X this weekend.

la Tuque
2008-11-02, 05:46
You've always been a great sport, Mattrak. Looking forward to sharing a pint with you (and the billing clock will be off...) :D ;)

Mattrak
2008-11-03, 10:11
You've always been a great sport, Mattrak. Looking forward to sharing a pint with you (and the billing clock will be off...) :D ;)

I should maybe drive near London in the next 20 years;) :D , if so, I will get in touch. I think there are better chances we meet at an X game in Montreal, or at MTA's homecoming. Anyways, it would be a pleasure.

la Tuque
2008-11-03, 11:19
It'll likely be in Montréal. The GF is looking for work & I have good contacts Chez Paré :D

I still have your cell # ;)