PDA

View Full Version : SMU @ BISH

BigJake
2008-09-11, 08:47
ANY TAKERS?

la Tuque
2008-09-11, 09:09
BJ: Don't hold your breath for any Biches to come out of the deep woods to respond. Seems to be rampant in Avatar Challenges in the Q this week :rolleyes:

To paraphrase a potential US president: they're pretty good at flapping their lipstick-covered pig lips in the LOS, but they chicken out when time comes to lay it on the line :D

Looks like they're way behind AUS fans when time comes to post in this section... :p

But, not to worry. things will be back to normal when the interlock is done with... :cool:

Your French word for the week: Biche = Doe (Bambi's mom):D ;)

BigJake
2008-09-11, 11:50
:D :D :D good one tuquey :D :D :D

i like my initial read better - i thot u just missed the T ... :p :p :p

yea the Q is great at spewin off when they feel they're dominating, but this year they're afraid of the AUS and have bin quiet as little mices...

i'm sure if they get lucky this week they'll be back to their old yappy selves :p :p :p

marton
2008-09-11, 12:06
this year they're afraid of the AUS
right... :rolleyes:

chappy
2008-09-11, 18:47
SMU will be nothing more than Gaiterbait!

Yppahc, my alter ego likes the Gaiters. Maybe it was their wonderful hospitality on my only trip to Lennoxvegas thus far. Hoping for more in the future. Great people and a great place to take in a game.

Here's to Andrews finding more receivers than Godding this weekend.

FormerGaiter91
2008-09-12, 09:46
Well time to jump back into the CIS football season (busy with HS) but I been keeping up with the gaiters. SMU heads to Lennoxvagas this weekend for the second time. I remember giving them quite a scare in 2003 with the game close at half but this team has alot more talent then we did back then. Being stuck in that small town makes guys bond very quickly so I see this as a break through game if they cut down on their turnovers. Jamal Lee will be looking to make a statement after his week one performance then Andrews will be able to take advantage of play action. If Acadia's backup RB's were able to gain that many yards last week (I played against Nick Lauder during the summer and he is legit) I like Jamal's chances at home for a big one.

All that being said I think the words were I AM IN

cjstora
2008-09-12, 15:56
I remember giving them quite a scare in 2003 with the game close at half

Yes, it must have been really terrifying for SMU to only be leading that game 19-10 at the half. (they were so terrified, it seems, that they came out in the second half and finished the job with a final score of 54-17)

BigJake
2008-09-12, 16:04
okey-dokey gaits....I'M IN! usual tuquey legalese etc.......

GO SMU!!!

FormerGaiter91
2008-10-28, 20:31
Yes, it must have been really terrifying for SMU to only be leading that game 19-10 at the half. (they were so terrified, it seems, that they came out in the second half and finished the job with a final score of 54-17)

Actually SMU was one of the best teams I have ever faced (Laval 2003, Concordia 2003 were the other two)and this was back just after their Vanier years. We were nobody and were expected to not even score and lose by 60. I guess that was the point I was trying to make, I remember entering the fourth quarter the score was 33 -17 and we were driving. Trust me they were a bit worried but as a good team does closed it out big time with three scores in the last 8 minutes.