PDA

View Full Version : Western at Laurier Avatar Challenge

Mustang Fan
2008-09-03, 20:55
On Saturday, the Western Mustangs will travel to the city of Waterloo, and bring a little class to that decrepit little stadium the Golden Turkeys call home. What is the name now? It changes every few years. And who owns it? Waterloo, Laurier, who? And is it still Wilfrid Laurier, or have they also changed the name of the university again? :D

No matter. It’s been a long time since the Stangs have beaten the little birdies, and it will be sweet to see Laurier scream for mercy this Saturday. It will be an ugly scene for the poor, misguided Laurier frosh to witness. But they might as well get used to it, since it will become the norm during their stay at the little university down the road from Waterloo’s real university. :D

Are there any Golden Hocks fans willing to wear purple (sorry, no gold) next week? If so, reply with I’M IN.

GoldenHawkfan
2008-09-03, 22:13
Wow....all it takes is a fluke playoff run and a game that Ottawa threw away to get the Western faithful all full of themselves! :cool: (correction: they've ALWAYS been full of themselves, just to bring it out in public more often :D ). Let me just correct your post a little here MF...

On Saturday, the Western Mustangs will hop into the SUV's and Hummers their parents bought them, decked out in the latest Hollister/H&M polo shirts and surf shorts they got from Boathouse, and complain about how they're leaving the "prosperous" city of London to travel to the "nothing" city of Waterloo (who needs RIM, Manulife and Google Canada when you have a Labatt's brewery in town! :cool:). They will bring a cloud of smug as both guys and girls try their best to act like their role models - a combination of the casts of "The Hills" and "The OC" - to that stadium that's actually hosted a championship game over this past decade! :eek:

No matter, it’s been a long time since the Stangs have beaten the team they once nicknamed the "Mules" to make them feel better about themselves :p And it will be sweet to see Laurier win yet again this Saturday! It will be an ugly scene for the uninterested Western students who actually make the trip to witness this game, however considering they refused to come out for a Yates Cup final a couple seasons back it's likely no students will actually show, and therefore won't be able to not learn a thing at the game! :D

you better believe I'm in....BRING IT ON!!!

Spud
2008-09-04, 05:16
:D :D :D

Mustang Fan
2008-09-04, 08:15
I knew I could count on you GHF!! But where is chappy? I thought that he would get in on this for sure.

Well, I know one sure way to get chappy to respond. Here it is:

WILFRED LAURIER

That should do it. :D

GoldenHawkfan
2008-09-04, 09:28
chappy's real busy lately, no worries though he'll be around! :cool:

marton
2008-09-04, 09:32
I knew I could count on you GHF!! But where is chappy? I thought that he would get in on this for sure.

Well, I know one sure way to get chappy to respond. Here it is:

WILFRED LAURIER

That should do it. :D
It's SIR Wilfred Laurier. :) (aka the other university in Waterloo)

chappy
2008-09-05, 19:04
Maybe you can bring those dang aluminum bleachers with you so there is a hint of UWO noise.

For a bunch of preppy yuppies, you would think they could at least afford to pay the hydro bills. Too busy worrying about keeping their BMW's all shiny to bother, although they could have continued the game by UWO frosh cellphone light alone.

The only lights you will have to worry about going out this weekend, are those of the glimmer of hope currently in your young donkey's eyes.

Tell the other 3 fans willing to make a trip down the 401, not to bother wasting space in the car bringing "meat on a stick" as was the chant at TD on Monday night. We've got a pike and our D is more than happy to stick Faulds on it.

On second thought, be sure to bring your little pony, Buttercup or is it Sprinkles I forget now. Not that it matters, we can have BBQ after the game to celebrate.

How did cheerleading tryouts go? Do all the new biffs and buffy's know who they are yet? "We are Western U.....Suck #%*&!" Stick to cheering and leave the scoring to a real team.

I can't wait for the "WHITE OUT IN WATERLOO"!

I'M IN!!!!

Mustang Fan
2008-09-05, 20:40
Glad you made it chappy! I was starting to worry you wouldn't come out for the challenge. :D

BigJake
2008-09-06, 04:41
:D :D :D nice 1 chapstick! :D :D :D

Maybe you can bring those dang aluminum bleachers with you so there is a hint of UWO noise.

For a bunch of preppy yuppies, you would think they could at least afford to pay the hydro bills. Too busy worrying about keeping their BMW's all shiny to bother, although they could have continued the game by UWO frosh cellphone light alone.

The only lights you will have to worry about going out this weekend, are those of the glimmer of hope currently in your young donkey's eyes.

Tell the other 3 fans willing to make a trip down the 401, not to bother wasting space in the car bringing "meat on a stick" as was the chant at TD on Monday night. We've got a pike and our D is more than happy to stick Faulds on it.

On second thought, be sure to bring your little pony, Buttercup or is it Sprinkles I forget now. Not that it matters, we can have BBQ after the game to celebrate.

How did cheerleading tryouts go? Do all the new biffs and buffy's know who they are yet? "We are Western U.....Suck #%*&!" Stick to cheering and leave the scoring to a real team.

I can't wait for the "WHITE OUT IN WATERLOO"!

I'M IN!!!!

GoldenGuy
2008-09-06, 06:32
So, the denizens of that university at the end of the highway with the pretentious fake-old buildings (and a stadium with all the charm and attractiveness of a meccano set) are re-emerging from the rock they've been hiding under for the last decade? Typical. Well, its time for the Hawks to send the horde packing back to purgatory in London, where they can focus on dominating the squash rankings and preparing for their future careers in advertising, marketing, in-bar promotions, party planning, aerobics instruction and telephone sanitization.

After all, we don't want to be responsible for encouraging the unmentionables to have an egotistical superiority complex, do we? (For those who can't remember that far back - they are far, far worse than Laval fans. And potentially more numerous :eek: )

I'm In.

Mustang Fan
2008-09-06, 07:44
Ah, now the whole Golden Turkey gang is here!!

Now all we need is a few more Stang fans.

Scammer
2008-09-06, 12:52
Ah, now the whole Golden Turkey gang is here!!

Now all we need is a few more Stang fans.

Are there any more? Or just none that would admit to it?

I'm in too.

GoldenGuy
2008-09-06, 14:04
There's lots more WLU fans too. We're just the only ones who would dignify an unmentionable post with a reply...

GoldenGuy
2008-09-07, 06:51
Well, at least I was able to find a decent Mus... sorry, can't bring myslef to say it... avatar ;)

Mustang Fan
2008-09-07, 07:00
Well, at least I was able to find a decent Mus... sorry, can't bring myslef to say it... avatar ;)

That is a good one GG! :)

Scammer
2008-09-08, 05:47
There's mine. With 3 vs 1 in the challenge, what would Mustang Fan have had to do if Western lost? Avatar for 3 times as long?

Mustang Fan
2008-09-08, 08:17
I was actually planning to change my avatar, and also to write something nice about Laurier and their football team each day for a week. Believe me, that would have hurt. ;)

marton
2008-09-08, 08:25
I was actually planning to change my avatar, and also to write something nice about Laurier and their football team each day for a week. Believe me, that would have hurt. ;)
Could be worse. You could have had to say good things abour Roscoe. We know how much you like him. ;)

Bizz
2008-09-08, 08:47
Could be worse. You could have had to say good things abour Roscoe. We know how much you like him. ;)
Speaking of which, where's Roscoe ???

Eating crows can rend you quite sick... :D

chappy
2008-09-08, 15:45
Oh Mustangs you're so fine.....

Well one positive if all else fails, Vaughn Martin definitely has a promising future as either a ballerina or a soap opera star. Did the Score catch twinkle toes during the introductions?

Mustang Fan
2008-09-08, 17:17
Yes Vaughn is quite a character, and might be a little much to take for opposing fans.

But then, Laurier had Joel Wright.