PDA

View Full Version : To X fans

Russell2000
2008-09-03, 09:28
Sept 13 game X vs Montreal

I’m leaving on Friday the 5th and I’ll be back on the 20th with very limited access to the internet. So I’ll miss our game . Hopefully other Carabin fans will show up in the meantime to discuss the game , make or accept any avatar challenge.

For those who will be traveling to Montreal, have a safe trip and a great game at the CEPSUM. Should be a good one as both teams will very likely be undefeated. :)

Cheers, Russ

la Tuque
2008-09-03, 12:49
Thanks R2000. You're a great ambassador of Carabins fans & your post digs a BIG hole in the credibility of Laval fans who don't consider fans of your team as Gentlemen and Gentle Ladies.... :D :D :D

I've been in touch with many X parents, alumni & friends. A lot will be at the game & are looking forward to it.

Unfortunate you can't be around but I have a deal for you: PM me a phone number where I can reach you after the game and I promise to call you.

That'll be a @#&%#* collect call if the bums win :D :D :D ;)

Russell2000
2008-09-03, 18:49
hey bonsoir Monsieur La Tuque !

Sorry I can't give you a phone number to call after the game since I will be in Germany on Sept. 13 th (in Dresden , work related trip ) but if you absolutely want to call to my place , mother-in-law Yvonne will answer and trust me she won't know about the game and her English is pretty basic ... allo I does no spitt angliss ... LOL at best !!

Anyway , glad to see some folks from X are gonna be coming .... Look !! just be careful folks as Montreal is not what it's used to be ... If you drive , avoid the North of the city , don't east or south, beware of potholes and you guys you should fine !!

But seriously , trust Russ the boss and be careful !! tailgate at the CEPSUM starts at 10 AM and don't be afraid to go ... Carabin fans may look suspicious at first but after you treated them with 5-6 beers , they will become really friendly !!( Molson EX being the favourite if you want to make friends )

oui Monsieur La Tuque , being a Laval opponent in the Q s not easy !! and being a Carabin fan is even worst !! Montreal all-stars CEGEP stars being picked up in a chopper in poor neighborhoods like "little burgundy" and "St-Henri" and shipped to the PEPS where they bump into a bunch of " Anne-julie's " who .... suddendly falls in love with them !! I mean , no way we can compete with that !! and these "Ann-julie's " can speak any language ....
Anna-julia falls in love with QB César-Sanchez while the parents are having dinner at " Pat retro " , eating a meat loaf while watching pics of Céline Dion in the most prestigious restaurant in Quebec city !!

Monsieur La tuque , you and your friends be careful but don't worry about riots etc ..... the next one is scheduled Spring 2009 ... Ste-Catherine st. yep the Stanley Cup !! Carabin players with HABS players celebrating the pinnacle of a city of Champions !!

la Tuque
2008-09-03, 20:39
Hey Monsieur Russ the Boss,

With a handle like that, you must be the main feature at a Dresden rock concert :D

Beautiful area Dresden. Had a chance to visit that part of Germany, from Regensburg to Freiburg, while playing war games on the western border of the old Czech Republic. Happened to be during Oktoberfest, when table dancing rules in beer tents :D . I'm pretty sure I'd be able to parley le ding-dong with Yvonne in her native tongue (she is German?) after a good tailgate with Carabins fans :D ;)

I was in Montréal with my son 2 weeks ago to move my daughter to the City. Spent a good 2 hours touring "échangeur Turcot" at peak traffic time:mad: . She works in ville d'Anjoux but lives in the Beaubien - St-Denis area, where the action is :D . We'll use public transit to the game & taxis afterwards, not because of the pot holes, but due to the new cell phone & no right turns on red lights laws :D

We'll definitely tailgate at the CEPSUM. I'll treat Carabins fans to a few Lac St-Jean brews I picked up on my last trip: "Tremblay & Belle Gueule" and also to some beer you can't buy in QC: Canadian. We should get along fine :D . I just won't mention that I've tailgated with Oreos, Bumble Bees & SMUcks before :D :D :D

As far as Anne-Julie goes, she will no longer be a threat once I bring to the game Xena the X Princess Recruiter and her cheerleader friends, who also doubles up as our riot squad :D

Enjoy your trip to Germany & don't worry about the Carabins while you're gone. they'll be in good X hands. I know X fans will be welcome at CEPSUM and we'll join up with Carabins fans to have a heck of a good time. It'll be a #@&%#@ riot :D :D :D

Russell2000
2008-09-04, 17:36
With a handle like that, you must be the main feature at a Dresden rock concert

Beautiful area Dresden. Had a chance to visit that part of Germany, from Regensburg to Freiburg, while playing war games on the western border of the old Czech Republic. Happened to be during Oktoberfest, when table dancing rules in beer tents . I'm pretty sure I'd be able to parley le ding-dong with Yvonne in her native tongue (she is German?) after a good tailgate with Carabins fans

Hello again monsieur La Tuque

Yes Dresden is beautiful . They just completed the restauration of the Cathedral and it's something to see. On the central place , a new restaurant opened ... you won't believe it ... restaurant Canada, and no joke they have "pea soup" on the menu !! really this city is a jewel , a treasure with a very sad story in WW2 , but a really awesome city !

Oktoberfest .... I was in Munchen last year during the Oktoberfest and this is special .... every time I go to Munich, I do my own personal pilgrimage ... Having a "MAAS"( a huge one ) at the Hofbrauhaus, the mother of all German breweries ... the band starts at 10 AM LOLLLL :p

http://www.hofbraeuhaus.de/

YVONNE is not German but Argentinian LOLLLL claro que si amigo mio !!

I was in Montréal with my son 2 weeks ago to move my daughter to the City. Spent a good 2 hours touring "échangeur Turcot" at peak traffic time . She works in ville d'Anjoux but lives in the Beaubien - St-Denis area, where the action is . We'll use public transit to the game & taxis afterwards, not because of the pot holes, but due to the new cell phone & no right turns on red lights laws

Montreal traffic is a total mess l'échangeur Turcot being the ultimate traffic nightmare experience. I lived in Toronto for a year and got used to the well-mannered Ontario drivers . when I moved back to Mtl , it took me a few months to get back used to that hell .

We'll definitely tailgate at the CEPSUM. I'll treat Carabins fans to a few Lac St-Jean brews I picked up on my last trip: "Tremblay & Belle Gueule" and also to some beer you can't buy in QC: Canadian. We should get along fine . I just won't mention that I've tailgated with Oreos, Bumble Bees & SMUcks before

Tremblay beer LOOLLL .. Last time I bought that was the for the last referendum night many years ago ... 2 cases of canadian and 2 cases of tremblay .. we drink for the winner !! After emptying the Canadian , we had no choice but to drink the Tremblay !! :D

As far as Anne-Julie goes, she will no longer be a threat once I bring to the game Xena the X Princess Recruiter and her cheerleader friends, who also doubles up as our riot squad

if X princess Xena wants to have any success in Montreal ,make sure she speaks at least 10 foreign languages .. French or English optional :(

Enjoy your trip to Germany & don't worry about the Carabins while you're gone. they'll be in good X hands. I know X fans will be welcome at CEPSUM and we'll join up with Carabins fans to have a heck of a good time. It'll be a #@&%#@ riot

Thanks Monsieur La Tuque and I will tr .... sorry just a moment ....

WHAT ?? sorry my butler Hans-Ulrich is talking to me ;

Beeilen Sie sich oben Herr Russell! wir müssen für den Flughafen gehen !!

Tabarnak ... got to leave for the airport right now !! :mad:

Take care , enjoy the game , see you soon

Herr Russ

professor x
2008-09-09, 00:45
I'm in. X wins 16-10