PDA

View Full Version : Mount A @ X - Avatar challenge

la Tuque
2008-09-03, 08:35
I can't believe I'm ending up breaking the Avatar Challenge ice in WEEK TWO of the 2008 season. :eek: Sure doesn't say much for fans in conferences that already drew first blood :rolleyes:

I expected Pan Lady to come out swimming her rolling pin in support of the Lancers and Linda to break a few nails in the action during the last game, if not after ... :D. Not surprized with CanWest fans wanting to keep their squabbling in the LOS - they're all non drinkers & wouldn't be able to control themselves after a few pints here :rolleyes:

Well, my "X ambassador" tag in the LOS doesn't carry here.

For a start, I wish Mount A to drastically improve their wins this season & they're likely to do so against the SMUcks and the Lumberjacks. :cool:

BUT, no chance against the "Mighty X" (™), as the X-Men will soon be known all across CIS Football lala-land. Mighty X will prove so superior in this game that the Ducks will be lucky to score 6 points ](and only because they have a great kicker).

So, I'M IN and I hope to face an opponent worthier than The Twin in this challenge. :mad:

marton
2008-09-03, 08:44
We all know X is tough to beat at home but... is the new Turf in place? If so, will X still be at home on a decent field?

How about rain? With Turf it's much less of an advantage? Does X have a backup plan to tilt the odds in their favor?

So many questions...

la Tuque
2008-09-03, 09:05
No new turf till next year. Still awaiting bids from PEI, I heard :D

Unfortunately, a lot of work done this summer to improve the cow patch & it will "feel" like a new field to Mount A :D

professor x
2008-09-03, 12:14
I'm in. X wins 32-15

Spud
2008-09-03, 17:56
I am so proud..........avatar challenges.....life is good, football season is here....let the trashtalk florish.

Now I need to find myself an Acadia Grad to challenge....Tanman was here but it looks like he is gone again. Must have to go replace the tarp on his shopping cart....errrrr......mobile residence.:D

Bizz
2008-09-03, 19:09
Where's Mattrack when his name is called ???

la Tuque
2008-09-03, 20:53
Not to worry, Bizz. The "Legend in his own mind" posted in the Top 27 thread:

MTA is ranked ahead of X so, this is the end of the discussions.
Really, I'm not surprized he's chickening out. I understand he's an astute poker player & knows MTA can't bluff its way out of this game...:p

la Tuque
2008-09-06, 20:07
I can't believe I'm ending up breaking the Avatar Challenge ice in WEEK TWO of the 2008 season. :eek: ...

So, I'M IN and I hope to face an opponent worthier than The Twin in this challenge. :mad:
Well, I couldn't break the darn Avatar Challenge ice because my challenge went unanswered :(. That'll likely force the Twin to throw whatever he's wearing into the ring next time X & Mount A meet, and I'm not looking forward to it :eek:

Looks like Mount A fans decided to be very cautious this season in this Fools section :D and they will get involved in Avatar Challenges only when they're assured of a win. Unfortunately, they won't go against any OUA team, but they're playing a very soft Q team next week (to qualify: soft by AUS 2008 standards :) ), so I'm quite confident that some Mount A fan will rise to the occasion :rolleyes:

Good call to hide in your basement for this game. But you'll have to go to the out house at some point before the season ends ... and I'll be waiting...:p :p :p

Mattrak
2008-10-14, 15:10

wow, I gotta go to the Pub more often...sorry guys. will make it up to you LT in the postseason;) .

Le Mount A Twin
2008-10-14, 17:16
If only I knew how to change the title to X @ Mount A Avatar challence, we could use this virgin thread this week ;)