PDA

View Full Version : Yo

OrangeCrush
2007-11-25, 10:09
whats up,
im a grade 12 from Nova Scotia looking into my future for football in university and I figured this was the place to start.
My name is scott tiller, im 17 years old and I play for the two time provincial champions (06/07) CEC Cougars.
I play defensive end, middle linebacker and some fullback.

Im just looking for some information on how to get in touch with schools around canada, and about the step up from highschool to university ball.

BigJake
2007-11-25, 12:39
Welcome OC! http://www.smuhuskies.ca/football-recruiting.html this is the SMU recruiting form. SMU is always interested in local talent. Good Luck!

whats up,
im a grade 12 from Nova Scotia looking into my future for football in university and I figured this was the place to start.
My name is scott tiller, im 17 years old and I play for the two time provincial champions (06/07) CEC Cougars.

Im just looking for some information on how to get in touch with schools around canada, and about the step up from highschool to university ball.

Mrs Trk
2007-11-25, 13:01
Welcome to the team OC!

Check out the SMU Huskies site - Vanier Cup updates to come!

http://www.huskiesdogpound.com/

whats up,

500tonelevators
2007-11-25, 13:40
SMU is lucky to have this great lady supporting the team, I hope one day to meet her :p :p
Welcome to the team OC!

Check out the SMU Huskies site - Vanier Cup updates to come!

http://www.huskiesdogpound.com/

OrangeCrush
2007-11-25, 18:30
I've already been approached by SMU, and the other AUS teams.
I have kept every offer very close and thought about them carefully, it's a big decision.

BigJake
2007-11-26, 03:57
I've already been approached by SMU, and the other AUS teams.
I have kept every offer very close and thought about them carefully, it's a big decision.

yep it is a big decision OC. And dont forget about your education! Choose carefully.

I cant speak for other schools but I do know SMU has great tutoring support for the players and the coaches and AD are involved and wont let you slide. PM Mrs. Trk on here for more info. Good Luck!

Spud
2007-11-26, 04:37
Orange, I would give SMU some serious thought....they are looking like sure contenders to get back to the dance over the next few years.;) It is a very well run program, excellent coaches, and you will get a fantastic education.

Sebby
2007-11-26, 04:53
Hi OrangeCrush,

Here is a link to another good program: http://www.rougeetor.ulaval.ca/les_clubs/football/recrutement/index.html

Have a nice day and off season.

GoDinos
2007-11-26, 10:51
Welcome OC.

I play out in Calgary, if Coach Nill hasn't talked to you already you should give him a call :D:D

Oil Thigh
2007-11-26, 11:00
What academic program are you most interested in and what type of grades do you have?

Please do not respond if you are uncomfortable disclosing this personal information.

Good luck deciding where to spend "The Best Four Years of your Life"

OrangeCrush
2007-11-26, 11:41
I havent decided what I would like to do yet.
My grades are 75-80.

Partisan
2007-11-26, 18:18
If offers of financial assistance are a factor, I've heard it's a very good idea to get them in writing.

GoldenHawkfan
2007-11-26, 18:51
OrangeCrush best piece of advice I can give you is to not just look at the football program, take into account everything about the school - after the season is done you do have to stay there, so hopefully you like where you're ending up! Send letters, ask questions, if you can get a tour do that, best way to figure out if a place suits you or not!

Anyways best of luck! I'll post some links up here a bit later for you, but for now here's the Golden Hawks site anyways (if you're looking into the OUA):
www.laurierathletics.com

DaVinci
2007-11-26, 19:52
Welcome to the board OrangeCrush.

I agree with GoldenHawkFan in that you need to take everything about the school into account when making your decision. You've already been in touch with Acadia, so I won't add to the influx of websites you've been given here.

Good luck in your search for a school.