PDA

View Full Version : Et tu, BJ?

professor x
2007-11-06, 18:58
(Take note this is the latin use of "et tu", not the french, which will come next week :D )

Considering LT's challenge (proposition?) to Mrs Tsk, I think it's only fair I issue my own.

I thought to myself, should I challenge Spud? No... Pog's back...he's got it covered.

Should I challenge Captain Morgan? No, I've lost enough alcohol related bets... best to leave him to 24.

And so this week's title avatar bout is really representative of the game itself:

"visiting 4'8 glasses-wearing, bleeds-blue David vs a homefield 7'2 hairy, deodorant-annihilating maroon Goliath"

I have my "sling" handy:

http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~fanf2/hermes/doc/talks/2007-02-techlinks/trebuchet.jpg

It's being loaded onto the Ubernebago as we speak. I can only hope it's enough.

It's going to be a Hell of a battle this week. I have enough faith in my X-MEN that they will put forth their best game possible.

So what'll it be Bigjake???

BigJake
2007-11-08, 11:04
Ok, I'm gonna type this real slow so even you can understand it. I reiterate...last year first game, X got lucky and won. I wore the avatar of your choice and sang the praises of X for a week.

Then SMU won the return game. And you disappeared for the week. Didnt wear the avi or sing the praises.

Then this year, SMU won yet again, and you disappeared for a week. I left this avi out there for a week for you and you ignored it. You also failed to sing a single note of praise for THE MIGHTY SMU, and quoted some obtuse fact known only to prof about unbinding the wager or some nonsense.

So proffy ol' boy...u wanna wager? and u can cover the bet this time? prove it!

wear this lovely avi for today and tomorra to show yer good intentions and to make up fer yer past trangressions...and it's a deal.

i'm from missouri proffy, show me! :p

BigJake
2007-11-08, 21:47
hey proffy didnt mean ta scare ya or hurt yer feelins...it was all meant in fun. if it came across too strong it wasnt meant to. :)

professor x
2007-11-09, 03:00
hey proffy didnt mean ta scare ya or hurt yer feelins...it was all meant in fun. if it came across too strong it wasnt meant to. :)

naw it's funny :D

I can't wear that avi though, not this close to the game. BLEH!!!

If you're up for the avi bet: I'M IN. If you want to put something more on the line, put it in writing. Then there won't be any hurt feelings when I don't dance or sing or whatever Spud decides to write into the avatar challenge rules this month :D

If you're calling into question my integrity as a gentleman and avatar dueller, then we have to duel by pistols first. I believe that's how it's still done even in Missouri :D

Frankly, you should be impressed I'm even betting you straight up without asking for odds! :rolleyes: X are 27 point underdogs according to Vegas!

BigJake
2007-11-09, 06:56
re: the 27, it should probably be higher but they undoubtedly took into account the bit a rust early from the week off and the possibility of inclement weather. :p ; and it aint vegas, its offshore curacao :rolleyes:

re: yer integrity...i'm bitin my tongue and it friggin hurts :D

re: the avi...c'mon proffy, it's you all the way :D

re: the rules...make em up (u wont abide by em anyways :p ) and i'll go with it

in the words of the legend, the wizard of avi bettin, the one-n-only Sir Spud...

I'M IN! wanker!

and um, proffy...ah, um...i just checked pinnacle, um....the spreads gone up a bit...:o

Sat 11/10 9955 Saint FX +29 -105 OVER 53 -105
10:00 AM 9956 Saint Marys -29 -105 UNDER 53 -105

now, they either saw my prediction on here to BigDawg (SMU 44 X 17 (bit a rust from the bye week to shake off early)) OR BigDawg is the guy doin the spreads for pinnacle!! :eek: :D

professor x
2007-11-09, 08:29
:D :D :D

Wow 29 point spread :o

the oddsmakers must have seen StFX drop to #3 in MacLean's and realized that half our scheme is based around that ranking :D

Doesn't phase me. I know X knows what they are up against. I'm still proud to put my avatar on the line, even against an Pinnacle-quoting powderpuff-playing pituitary-imblanced Missourite...soon to be misery-ite :D ;)

BigJake
2007-11-09, 09:03
ok diarrhea-of-the-cakehole :D ...what r we wagerin? i dont want ya pullin a "prof" on me...:D :D :D

Wow 29 point spread :o

the oddsmakers must have seen StFX drop to #3 in MacLean's and realized that half our scheme is based around that ranking :D

Doesn't phase me. I know X knows what they are up against. I'm still proud to put my avatar on the line, even against an Pinnacle-quoting powderpuff-playing pituitary-imblanced Missourite...soon to be misery-ite :D ;)

professor x
2007-11-09, 10:19
ok diarrhea-of-the-cakehole :D ...what r we wagerin? i dont want ya pullin a "prof" on me...:D :D :D

Well you seem pretty confident in that 29 point spread...so how about this:

If X loses by more than 28, I will wear that pink Avatard you're so proud of for a MONTH :eek: :rolleyes:

AND...I will say two nice thing about SMU per week that they continue in the playoffs :eek: :eek: :eek: (no "barf" emoticon available). Laval fans will of course assure me that will be only two nice things at most :D

if X loses by 28 or less, you wear an X avatar (non-custom, your choice from the .org selection) for a week (up until the thursday night, so you can re-don your SMU AVI on the friday before the bowl game). Call the week "in honour of X beating your expectations" :D . And you don't even have to say anything nice about them :o

BUT, If X WINS: you wear a custom Avi of my choice for a MONTH :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think that's a fair wager given the odds Pinnacle is presenting.

BigJake
2007-11-09, 10:50
(no "barf" emoticon available) and Avatard. :D hah that was good. and wager sounds good, except for one small change. ferget pinnacle, lets go with the real deal "jake the greek"! if u squeeze yer eyes closed real tight and clench yer fists - like yer pottytrainin. 2teeth said ya done real good this week! :D - thats called concentratin - and can remember back to me sayin i prognisticated (hooboy thats gonna be a tuffy aint it! get 2teeth and un(informed) to help ya deal with that one) a 44 - 17 SMU victory. So if ya take off yer dummy mitts and rubber boots and include yer 6th toes, tail, horns and ears and start countin every one, u should come up with 27! (WOW! McLeans WAS right!) :D . So if SMU wins by 27 or more ... yada yada what prof said ... and if SMU wins by 26 or less ....yada yada what prof said ... and the other 'so far fetched its beyond words, comprehension, etc ... stands as well.

we already did the "I'M IN's" so a simple "agree" will bind it. :D

Well you seem pretty confident in that 29 point spread...so how about this:

If X loses by more than 28, I will wear that pink Avatard you're so proud of for a MONTH :eek: :rolleyes:

AND...I will say two nice thing about SMU per week that they continue in the playoffs :eek: :eek: :eek: (no "barf" emoticon available). Laval fans will of course assure me that will be only two nice things at most :D

if X loses by 28 or less, you wear an X avatar (non-custom, your choice from the .org selection) for a week (up until the thursday night, so you can re-don your SMU AVI on the friday before the bowl game). Call the week "in honour of X beating your expectations" :D . And you don't even have to say anything nice about them :o

BUT, If X WINS: you wear a custom Avi of my choice for a MONTH :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think that's a fair wager given the odds Pinnacle is presenting.

professor x
2007-11-09, 12:18
AGREE

:D

BigJake
2007-11-09, 17:26
AGREE

sheeesh prof kinda aggressive aint we... :D

now that i've had a few bubblies to "CAPTAIN MORGAN" inate on it :D (use rum in the quotes :D ) here's my thots... THE MIGHTY SMU MACHINE SUPER "D" takes away the run, which means a 1 dimensional X air game, which means THE MIGHTY SMU MACHINE SUPER "D" goes into pickoff mania mode! I'm thinkin 4 sacks and 3 pickoffs. :)

add to that the multi-dimensional BIG "O" continuosly pushin upfield - mesmerizin 1st down 1st down 1st down...and an aerial game with a 70% completion rate..and it transcribes as a SMU O practically never leavin the field.

So, havin had time to reflect, it's definitely THE MIGHTY SMU MACHINE by 40. sorry prof..it is what it is...:)

professor x
2007-11-10, 05:26
"By 40" I assume you mean by the 40 you chugged before writing that post :D

using that line of reasoning...X BY A FIFTH!!!!

GO-X-GO

BigJake
2007-11-10, 11:55
"By 40" I assume you mean by the 40 you chugged before writing that post :D

using that line of reasoning...X BY A FIFTH!!!!

:D hilarious kh...

Congrats on winnin the avi bet. :) ...... i sure dont mind losin the avi bet that way ...

i was this close - - to givin my flights, hotel and tix to tuquey! :eek:

guts are still roilin ...

BigJake
2007-11-10, 12:19
i'll use this beauty little number till ya come up with sumthin ... :cool:

too bad the victors cant take the other guys prisoner and use em in the next game!

professor x
2007-11-10, 12:21
i'll use this beauty little number till ya come up with sumthin ... :cool:

too bad the victors cant take the other guys prisoner and use em in the next game!

The bet was just for a standard off the rack Avi, and I can't think of anything better. At least you didn't pull a Prof on me ;)

BigJake
2007-11-10, 12:23

The bet was just for a standard off the rack Avi, and I can't think of anything better. At least you didn't pull a Prof on me ;)

quit bein so darn nice, sheesh i'm gonna start likin ya :D

BigJake
2007-11-12, 09:27

my hands r tied tuquey...cant put on the armour till thurs ... :(

la Tuque
2007-11-12, 10:11
my hands r tied tuquey...cant put on the armour till thurs ... :(
Take it off -take it off. :D

Prof would want you to (where is he anyway?). I expect him to join the Uteck championship rally any minute now ;)

BigJake
2007-11-12, 11:39
Take it off -take it off. :D

Prof would want you to (where is he anyway?). I expect him to join the Uteck championship rally any minute now ;)

alrite, as u r an honourable X fan, like prof, I'll assume u can speak in his stead. It is much appreciated and will not be forgotten. if prof disagrees i will have to sadly reverse my regalia. I need full armour for this upcomin battle against the mighty Laval Leviathan. We must be fully prepared and give it our all if we are to be victorious against the dominator that is the Laval fan avi bettor :D .

merci :D