PDA

View Full Version : X @ Axe Avatar Challenge

la Tuque
2007-10-23, 07:26
The X-Men still have at least one game left in them. They'll be on the road again playing a team they already beat once this year.

My Avatar is on the line 'cause I don't think the Axemen can prevail against a bunch of blood-thirsty, fire-farting X-Men I successfully managed to pee off to no end this week. :mad: :mad: :mad: :D

There's got to be some daring Axe fan out there who will raise to the challenge and, like me, will type:

I'M IN!!!

DaVinci
2007-10-23, 08:19
You know the Axemen have no classes anymore and nothing better to do than practice, right? This is like taking candy from a baby... :p

I'M IN!!!

la Tuque
2007-10-23, 08:35
Let's see if I managed to learn something from BJ's post editing symposium:

You know the Axemen have no class
Well, I wouldn't say I knew "for sure" that they had no class, but thanks for confirming it in writing :D

DaVinci
2007-10-23, 11:51
:D

I see I set myself up nicely for that one... almost made it too easy for you.

BigJake
2007-10-23, 14:14
hey DV, ya try and take a little heat off the poor guy and he goes and sticks his other foot rite in....sheeeesh, whadda we gonna do wit em? :o

la Tuque
2007-10-23, 14:34
BJ: I've been checking & haven't seen any brave SMU "sole" yet starting a challenge thread for the Mount A game... :rolleyes:

Too "fillet" ??? :rolleyes:

u gonna have to think that one out :p

professor x
2007-10-23, 18:31
You know the Axemen have no classes anymore and nothing better to do than practice, right? This is like taking candy from a baby... :p

I'M IN!!!

I've been saying the Axemen have no class for YEARS :D

I'M IN

(this is a louder repeated variation of LT's slam...for the visually impaired)

DaVinci
2007-10-27, 14:01
LT, I don't know what you sent Bloomfield after your rant last week, but it worked. Congrats.!

Now I'm shedding tears over having to wear this dirty avatar. it's like it hasn't been worn in years... by anyone. Smells like mothballs too. ick. :p ;)

Tonton
2007-10-27, 14:07
Congrats X, X-Fans and LT. Da Vinci, you look good wearing the X.

DaVinci
2007-10-27, 14:11
Congrats X, X-Fans and LT. Da Vinci, you look good wearing the X.

it doesn't look bad when it's got an A on the left and an E on the right of it... :p

la Tuque
2007-10-27, 17:05
Now I'm shedding tears over having to wear this dirty avatar. it's like it hasn't been worn in years... by anyone. Smells like mothballs too. ick. :p ;)
I think that's the one Spud wore after X home opener in 2006 & he stored it with his socks once he was done with it.

No need to sing the praise of X this week. I saw the poor job you did with SMU last week :D :D :D

DaVinci
2007-10-27, 17:06
oh, ouch.

la Tuque
2007-10-27, 17:16
oh, ouch.
The next quote is what scares me for this week. Do you blame me? :confused:

Originally Posted by DaVinci
Even had one especially for X grads... "marry your sister, 50% off the dress"...
:D :D :D

la Tuque
2007-10-27, 17:47
Congrats X, X-Fans and LT...
Thanks, Tonton. I like the way you put it: LT the outcast X Fan :D :D :D

Cstbrophy
2007-10-27, 20:38
you guys going for double or nothing?

cjstora
2007-10-28, 04:44
It seems the teams will be taking that approach... This should be quite a street-fight of a football game on November 3.

la Tuque
2007-10-28, 19:13
you guys going for double or nothing?

What do you think, DV? I like double or nothing. I can make an avatar with 2 X in it for you & I'm sure you can make one with 2 AXE in it for me.

That would meet the legal requirements (and "spiritual" ones) of the double-double, wouldn't it? :D ;)

No need to start a new thread. This one is not even broken in

la Tuque
2007-10-29, 11:50
Hey, DV.

You got to have a chat with Axer. He thinks the Axemen's season is over & they might not win another game till 2009... Aren't they returning the favour & visiting us at the 'Nish this weekend?

Good job X, Acadia defence is getting experience for 2008 and 2009. What else can be said but recruit for DB s and Linebackers.
Should make for an interesting couple of seasons in the next couple years...
While you're at it, have a chat with mustang too...

...its simple our defense sucks....
While I'm at it, I should send the Twin to have a chat with you as well. :p

...but it's disgusting that Acadia had the entire week with nothing to do but prepare for this game then they get blown out on their home turf....
http://www.cisfootball.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2213

Come on, DV. I can't blame you for being so proud of wearing the big blue X on your forehead a few times this season, but I'm afraid you're starting to make a habit of it. :p

Are you trying to "soften up" the X Fans...? :confused:

professor x
2007-10-29, 20:18
hmmm DV hasn't replied yet

maybe he's in class?

ohhhh waiiiittttttt.......

la Tuque
2007-10-31, 09:59
Just got a call from an X cheerleader whose cousin is dating a SMU football player. Looks like Coach Sumarah has enlisted the help of a few Huskies “sympathisers” to check out our game Saturday in preparation for the Loney Bowl.

Axe & X fans: be on the look-out for these characters at the game.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i147/gilles999/dogXmascot.jpg

This one may try to mingle with the cheerleaders

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i147/gilles999/dog14.jpg

Even Wineskin loaned his favourite drinking buddy :D :D :D

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i147/gilles999/dog11.jpg

DaVinci
2007-11-03, 14:18
I'm glad I was smrt enough not to engage in the double or nothing bet. Congrats to the X-Men for finally ending our season. Like an old dog on the verge of death (no reference to our own old dog of course!), the Axemen were put out of their misery after a god-awful season.

Now, I'm making a HUGE avatar bet here.... I will wear an X avatar for a FULL YEAR, 365 days, IF, IF X somehow finds a way to beat SMU. With the odds fully against them, I'm not sure if any X fans will step up to this challenge... :p

Bizz
2007-11-03, 17:20
Tempting the devil here DV...

la Tuque
2007-11-03, 21:02
Now, I'm making a HUGE avatar bet here.... I will wear an X avatar for a FULL YEAR, 365 days, IF, IF X somehow finds a way to beat SMU. With the odds fully against them, I'm not sure if any X fans will step up to this challenge... :p
I'M IN.
I will also wear an X avatar for a FULL YEAR, 365 days, IF, IF X somehow finds a way to beat SMU. ;)

professor x
2007-11-04, 05:24
I'M IN.
I will also wear an X avatar for a FULL YEAR, 365 days, IF, IF X somehow finds a way to beat SMU. ;)

I think everybody should wear an X avatar for a whole year if X wins this game...

DaVinci
2007-11-04, 09:40
if X wins the Vanier, I'll wear their avatar for life and praise the X-Men every day. I will also make a donation to the team to begin a new field fund. ;)

Probably 1,000,000:1 odds against them winning the Vanier though... :p

la Tuque
2007-11-04, 12:31
if X wins the Vanier, I'll wear their avatar for life and praise the X-Men every day. I will also make a donation to the team to begin a new field fund. ;)

Probably 1,000,000:1 odds against them winning the Vanier though... :p

If X wins the Vanier, I'll shed my red sun dress as I run across the field after the final play, will kick off my stiletto shoes in the crowd & will do a few backward cartwheels as I down a mug of Keiths... You'll recognize me from the large blue X painted on all four cheeks ...

Them odds don't scare me one bit :D :D :D

DaVinci
2007-11-10, 11:10
thank god I don't have to wear that avatar for a year.... got scared for a while there. :p

la Tuque
2007-11-10, 19:03
Too bad X didn't win. :(

I was soooo looking forward to "perform" and be the closing act at the VC this year. Guess I'll have to do it NEXT year :D :D :D