PDA

View Full Version : Dear DaVinci...

BigJake
2007-10-17, 05:59
Dear DV, please accept my apologies, as It's been difficult for me this week trying to get over another loss to Mighty Laval. It caused me to be remiss in issuing a sporting challenge towards the ensuing gridiron contest between two formidable opponents, in Acadia and THE MIGHTY SMU MACHINE. Having said that....

So ya x-dressin lumberjack queen's supporter :D do ya think ya can drag yerself away from the bridal gown sewin machine long enuff to accept a manly challenge for yer avatar this week!? or r ya queen's yella? if ya only wanna wager on the outcome of the first half i'll understand... :p

anyhow, ask the girlfriend if its ok to bet yer avi this week cuz...

I'M IN

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

BigJake
2007-10-17, 07:03
CJ, can ya put out an APB on DaVinci? I sure hope DV didnt get swept up on Aberdeen St! :eek:

BigJake
2007-10-17, 17:12
quit lurkin dv ya big wuss and get yer arse on this challenge. i'll spot ya points. how many ya want?:p :p :p :p :p :p

now lets all song the "I'm a lumberjack and i'm ok" song...:D :D :D

DaVinci
2007-10-17, 22:41
It's been a tough week on me as well, BJ... I ended up in Kitchener-Waterloo on the weekend and took in the Golden Pigeons matchup with the Gee Gees. Not only did I have to pay the team which put my beloved Axemen out of Vanier contention in 2005, but they felt the need to brand me with the mark of the devil and scarred my hand with a purple Golden Pigeon stamp. Clearly the permanent ink was brought out especially for me after they saw my Axemen hat. At least the Pigeons QB couldn't complete a pass for the life of him. Between heckling him and #5 on the Gee Gees (drops 2 passes that hit him square in the numbers when wide open... and used to play ball with a friend of mine), it made for an interesting afternoon. Obviously not as interesting as the festivities on Aberdeen, but I got a wee bit tipsy that night after finding out that the Axemen were humbled by Bishops. Due to the weekend and my new found support of the team with the ugliest uniforms in existence (though Laurier is pretty ugly as well), I have obligations at the bridal shop which have not been met and must get back before I have a mob of angry brides breaking down the doors in search of their gowns. I'm not sure if the girlfriend will like this or not, and I know this isn't the best idea given my team's track record of late, but I'M IN!!!

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok....

BigJake
2007-10-18, 06:01
hilarious post DV! :D :D :D i'm crackin up. fave bit was the mark of the devil, that was genius ....glad yer back jr.! ha :D

DaVinci
2007-10-18, 08:40
can you post the lyrics of the song I'll surely be singing come Sunday morning? I feel a need to be warming up the ol' vocal cords. Want to be pitch perfect this time around.

DaVinci
2007-10-18, 08:56
oddly enough I don't see Spud or any of the other Poodle fans betting avatars this week... Is this a lack of confidence in the Poodles to get the job done, or rather a "this is too easy to beat the Axemen; like taking candy from a baby" situation? Because, I'll tell ya, we ain't no babies and we ain't got no candy either. We have an axe. And I wish I could tell ya it's sharp and pointy and good at cutting Poodles, but that's animal abuse. Truth is, our axe is big and made of wood and not very sharp at all. It's just easier to drop it on the Poodles and pin them beneath. Try taking our axe, just try it... you'll be crushed by, ahhhhh.... something.

ps. Poodles have ugly haircuts...

DaVinci
2007-10-18, 08:59
http://www.grizzlyrun.com/Files/Images/Image_Gallery/toy_poodle.jpg

Bizz
2007-10-18, 09:01
Hey Spud ! How do you like your next avatar ?? :D :D

Spud
2007-10-18, 09:04
DaVinci said:

oddly enough I don't see Spud or any of the other Poodle fans betting avatars this week... Is this a lack of confidence in the Poodles to get the job done, or rather a "this is too easy to beat the Axemen; like taking candy from a baby" situation?

Sadly DaVinci.....I only had one Axeman fan take up the challenge last time...and after the game he never posted all week. :mad:

DaVinci
2007-10-18, 10:12
At least some of us are good sports about the whole thing. It's all in good fun anyway, and the week of praising the winner is always enjoyable. I just hope I'm not stuck in a wedding dress the whole time. Supposed to go visit the girlfriend sometime soon and man, I really don't know what she'd think if I showed up in a wedding gown. Though I might be able to equate it to inhaling too much toxic pigeon crap fumes at Husky Stadium.... Speaking of Pigeons, how in the world does a team with the name of Golden Pigeons have ALL purple uniforms?!?! Seriously now, they should at least change their name to the Purple Pigeons or something... at least the Golden Gaels have all yellow uniforms (God bless their souls for having to wear those hideous outfits each week). If you are going to have a colour as part of your name, you should have some of that colour in your uniform. It's like the OUA tried having an ugly uniform contest but nobody showed up outside of the Pigeons and Gaels. Disgraceful really. :p

DaVinci
2007-10-19, 06:11
BJ, I hope you're busy preparing nice things to say about the Axemen... only a few more hours my friend. It's been an especially rough year for the team, so I've been given instructions not to wash the avatars this week. :p

BigJake
2007-10-19, 10:08
BJ, I hope you're busy preparing nice things to say about the Axemen... only a few more hours my friend. It's been an especially rough year for the team, so I've been given instructions not to wash the avatars this week. :p

ho ho ho dont give up yer day job! :D just got in from helpin a guy move (i'm too old for this stuff - ouch). now i gotta make up some grub for the game par-tay!

good luck DV....but it wont help...hah! :p

(mite be better off stickin with queen's...hee hee)

DaVinci
2007-10-19, 11:27
The Gaels' uniforms are painful on my eyes. However, in event of me having to wear a Poodle avatar or worse yet, a wedding dress, I'm going to make a quick avatar adjustment....

Fawkes
2007-10-19, 11:55
Speaking of Pigeons, how in the world does a team with the name of Golden Pigeons have ALL purple uniforms?!?!

A very good point indeed, DaVinci. A while back, a bunch of guys at WLU decided to put together a football team and needed team colours. Problem was, they all secretly craved to be wearing the purple and silver of the mighty Stangs. (After all, they all tried to get in to Western, but simply couldn't cut it.)

So they collected all the brightest and most creative minds the school had to offer and had a meeting at a three seat corner table at Tim Hortons. (The three seat table meant they both had a place to put their coats.)

So anyway, they sat their staring into their double doubles with the words purple and silver, purple and silver, purple and silver going through their minds. Then all at once, one of them shouted:

"Eureka!! I have it! Silver is, like, some kind of fancy metal right? So lets use that other sort of fancy metal."

"Copper?" replied the other.

"No no. The one that's easier to spell."

"Tin?" he offered.

"No but your really close."

After several hours of trying they finally managed to agree that gold was the colour they were after. But they couldn't completely abandon the idea that they really wanted to be purple and silver. So they decided to keep the purple.

Well, it turns out that the only shade of purple that was available at Bargain Harolds (remember this was a few years ago) was the wussy purple shade that you see now (I think it was fabric left over from some girls figure skating show.) So, in the end, they got to wear their purple.

So that's how they ended up being the golden pigeons with purple uniforms.

marton
2007-10-19, 12:38
:D :D :D

Great stuff Fawkes! Thanks for the historical tidbit.

Isn't it cool how much there is to learn about the CIS. :)

DaVinci
2007-10-19, 13:27
:D Brilliant. Thank you Fawkes, that is great stuff. :D:D

DaVinci
2007-10-19, 15:18
it's not looking very good for you wearing the special poodle in a tutu avatar this week BJ... this is disappointing. Though if you would like to wear it for fun, I am ok with that.

DaVinci
2007-10-19, 16:40
what kinda junk are you gonna make me wear this week BJ?

BigJake
2007-10-19, 18:26
hey thats pretty good fawkes! nice one :D . sorry DV about yer luck. looks like i need to make a visit to Davinci's Wedding Gowns again.:D yer old one is on me old computer somewhere. see ya in abit or tomorra. ha cheers!

BigJake
2007-10-20, 04:40
best i could do DV, a nice axewoman for u to wear...and dont forget to sing yer fight song! :D

I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay.
I sleep all night. I work all day.

I cut down trees. I eat my lunch.
I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go shoppin'
And have buttered scones for tea.

I cut down trees. I skip and jump.
I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing
And hang around in bars.

I cut down trees. I wear high heels,
Suspendies, and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie,
Just like my dear Papa

DaVinci
2007-10-20, 12:20
I'll start your praise thread tonight... thankfully I'm not in a wedding dress this week. You must've gotten to the bridal shop after it was closed for the day. Had some real good specials this week too. Even had one especially for X grads... "marry your sister, 50% off the dress"... :p

marton
2007-10-20, 12:23
Even had one especially for X grads... "marry your sister, 50% off the dress"... :p
:D :D :D

BigJake
2007-10-20, 12:24
I'll start your praise thread tonight... thankfully I'm not in a wedding dress this week. You must've gotten to the bridal shop after it was closed for the day. Had some real good specials this week too. Even had one especially for X grads... "marry your sister, 50% off the dress"... :p

ahahahahaha good one! i thot the axewoman was pretty good. ha

here's link to her http://www.coolminiornot.com/store/product.php?xProd=1433

i think she'd look good on yer helmets. :D