PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football: week # 5

Dr Johnny Fever
2007-10-02, 17:29
I have to decide between the following 2 for week # 5:

Ben Roethlisberger (Pit) versus Sea

or

Vince Young (Ten) versus Atl

I've been starting Roeth since week 2 because Young has been a bust so far but I'm thinking that he might bust out against Atlanta this weekend. Which one do you guys prefer ?

marton
2007-10-02, 17:36
I hate the Steelers, I like Seattle, I love Lofa Tatupu, Vince Young beat USC in the most exciting game I've watched and the Falcons are Michael Vick's team.

You have your answer.

MAJJAK
2007-10-03, 02:35
Seattle/Young.;)

Dr Johnny Fever
2007-10-03, 05:49
You guys are not making this easy ;) I was all set on starting Roethie again against Seatle.

cjstora
2007-10-03, 08:35
Don't ask me... I started Donovan McNabb last week. :(

Dr. Evil
2007-10-04, 13:26
I have to decide between the following 2 for week # 5:

Ben Roethlisberger (Pit) versus Sea

or

Vince Young (Ten) versus Atl

I've been starting Roeth since week 2 because Young has been a bust so far but I'm thinking that he might bust out against Atlanta this weekend. Which one do you guys prefer ?

I'll help you if you help me!!!!

I'd say go with Big Ben....I'm still not sold on Young yet (Fantasy wise yet)

SO here's my problem

Brees vs Carolina (who has pretty much sucked all year)

or Pennington vs Giants (who has been consistantly averge)

Dr Johnny Fever
2007-10-04, 13:33
I'd say go with Pennigton. Until Brees actually starts performing, he should stay on the bench. The guy in my league that has Brees is really disappointed (and pissed! :D )

I guess I should follow my own advice when it comes to my choice.

marton
2007-10-04, 15:07
Funny no one asks about Rex Grossman. I hope he starts again soon... I just love to see him lose games all by himself.

cjstora
2007-10-04, 17:05
Shush you, I just picked up Brian Griese.

RamAlum
2007-10-05, 13:43
Griese? I'm thinking the Bears have a serious QB problem, no matter who's in there. Never should have let Thomas Jones go. You need a running game to pass the ball

Dr Johnny Fever
2007-10-09, 14:57
Guess which QB I played and lost my fantasy matchup? :(

Anyway here are their stats from last weekend:
Young: 157 yards, 0TD, 3 interceptions
Big Ben: 206 yards, 1 TD, 0 interceptions

Not great results for Roethlisberger against a tough Seatle defense but certainly better than Vince Young who I put on waivers today. Unfortunately not much quality available on the waivers so I picked up Derek Anderson. I'm going to play Anderson this week (bye for Big Ben) and ride out Roethie for the rest of my season.

Fortunately I'm stacked on WR and RB so I'm feeling confident for the rest of the season.

marton
2007-10-09, 15:05
Tough week, I hate when Roeth doesn't get intercepted. He should *never* look better than Young. Mes sympathies.

Dr Johnny Fever
2007-10-09, 15:13
Tough week, I hate when Roeth doesn't get intercepted. He should *never* look better than Young. Mes sympathies.

That's cool. ;)

I'm still in the playoffs (8 team league) so I'll be okay. I'm really stacked on RB (S.Alexander, R Brown, M. Lynch, L Jordon, E James) and not to mention WR (C Johnson, P Burress, Cotchery and the underperforming Lee Evans) that I'm thinking of putting together a package for a top flight QB.

Mattrak
2007-10-10, 04:46
Fortunately I'm stacked on WR and RB so I'm feeling confident for the rest of the season.

sometimes, a good midseason shakeup is interesting. After seing my RB Sammy Morris produce and also having Jones-Drew and LenDale White in my backfield, I decided to let Ronnie Brown go (With Donte Stalworth, which I had picked up on waivers the week before) to pick up Marvin Harisson (banged up knee and bye week), which will help me finish the season strong.

I got Tedd Ginn Jr, who gave me 12 points last week!!!! The name of my team is the Ragin Ginn Jr.!!!!

I would go with Vince Young, Atlanta is weak.

Dr Johnny Fever
2007-10-10, 07:23
I would go with Vince Young, Atlanta is weak.

That was last weekend's matchup ;) :p

I did not listen to the weather reports and went with Vince Young who was his usually underperforming self in my fantasy league. I'm going to ride out Big Ben for the rest of my season unless I shake things up (like you said) and trade for a top tier QB.

as an aside I wonder if a CIS fantasy football league would work next season on .org ? ....hmmm

marton
2007-10-10, 07:27
as an aside I wonder if a CIS fantasy football league would work next season on .org ? ....hmmm
If you let me pick Orban I'm in. :)