PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaurs that still think they are alive, Take up my gountlet.

Fenris
2013-11-17, 10:09
Oaky. Time for you Dinos fans to put your foot in your mouth... I mean to put your avatar where your mouth is. Time for the Great Avatar chalenge! The Great Vanier Annual Avatar Challenge.

Rules are as usual. If you say I'm in and you lose, you have to post every day for a week after the game and praise the winning team. Beside, you have to wear the other team avatar or one given by the winning team challengers for you.

No "everybody on the other side has to wear that". Just special avatar for one fan on the other side.

I don't feel like giving a special advantage to Calgary as they probably the team outside RSEQ that visited PEPS the most often in the last few years.

Of course, I'm IN. (insults to follow)

jspickle
2013-11-17, 10:43
why not

i'm in (you've probably been working on special avatar for a awhile ;))

Shawa
2013-11-17, 16:33
Somebody forgot to tell those megalomaniac tadpoles that Dinosaurs went exctinct some 65 million years ago.

Things will be set straight next week at the PEPS.

I'M IN

Phil_B
2013-11-17, 18:29
Where is the Dinos nation? I am talking about the huge crowd that attended the Mitchell Bowl. Yes, you instinct animal lovers, where are you? Actually ... I am talking to the 96 parents of the 48 dressed players, can anyone of you take on this challenge and show you believe in the Calgary Pets? I would include friends, but based on the attendance numbers I have to assume all Dinos players are single and without friends outside of the locker room. I am even willing to bet my prestigious avatar with the Nemesis if he dares to show up ... or Jim Mullin who could wear a Laval Jersey on the final version of the Countdown ...

Anyway, for the honor of my proud alma mater, I am in!

Dino77
2013-11-17, 20:00
Little talk - nothing to say. This cowboy hat is in. This Dino is in. French tuque for a cowboy hat!

Phil_B
2013-11-22, 19:27
Well ... where are all the proud Dinos/CW fans? Even if 2 actually match their games attendance ...

jspickle
2013-11-24, 05:02
lavals o line is best in country,some of the holes they were opening up you could drive a truck through !

jspickle
2013-11-25, 03:36
unbeleivable how good the punt or kickoff coverage teams are ,always have been impressed how fast they get down the field

Dino77
2013-11-25, 11:00
This fan is just now recovering and to say it was a great experience is a gross under-estimation. It was UNBELIEVEABLE as an experience. No wonder the Laval alumni are so pumped. It was a great game and the right team won. I am proud to say with our young team that we hung in there and in the 3rd quarter had managed to eke out an lead. We were playing better and then the O-line of Laval beat us up and Laval won as they deserved. A great game and the 13th man helped the team a lot. The Dinos are young and graduate two only. The Dinos only have 3 in 4th year as well so they will be back bigger and better. WOW!!!

Now, as a computer technonerd (I am the last one to understand computers) I will wear a Laval avatar for the required time as I put my mouth where my money was. However, I have tried to produce an avatar and it has not worked for me. I will wear one if someone can give me some 1-800- help me out advice. Thanks but the Dinos consider this a win against the mighty Rouge et Or.

Phil_B
2013-11-25, 20:22
lavals o line is best in country,some of the holes they were opening up you could drive a truck through !

You are a good sport. ;-)

jspickle
2013-11-26, 03:45
although other running backs in canada get a lot of praise,the guys laval have are just as good imho,boutin is top 3 for sure

Shawa
2013-11-26, 12:51
Settings ( top right of screen) - Edit avatar (Left bar) Choose one at the bottom

two four
2013-11-26, 12:58
Laval has better timing off the field than they do on!

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh-game/laval-qb-alex-skinner-wake-vanier-cup-win-204003162.html

jspickle
2013-11-27, 04:02
laval d-line is so good that when they finish sacking the qb they go after his family in the stands ;)

Fenris
2013-11-27, 10:20
laval d-line is so good that when they finish sacking the qb they go after his family in the stands ;)

:D:D:D

marton
2013-11-27, 12:59
Laval has better timing off the field than they do on!

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh-game/laval-qb-alex-skinner-wake-vanier-cup-win-204003162.html
We get it, you love Laval so much you feel the need to drag them in the mud on very little facts, just so people don't realize you like Laval better than X.

Now, play nice... keep it to the right place and try and avoid sounding like a broken record with redundancy. Just so I don't feel you deserve similar account suspension you got at this time last year. Because I will do it.

Thank you for your attention.

Your friendly moderator,

M

jspickle
2013-11-28, 03:38
the r&o arent very genteel,some teams remove the football from you,laval removes you from the football

Fenris
2013-11-28, 06:06
the r&o arent very genteel,some teams remove the football from you,laval removes you from the football

Better and better... I think.

jspickle
2013-11-28, 18:55
overheard from constantin at a practice""helmets on, cell phones away, punch in, you’re on my time now!"no wonder hes one the best coaches in cis

Dino77
2013-11-29, 12:36
I am swallowing deeply and sinking in with a Laval avatar. I feel like I am going on my first date or am in enemy territory! But to play fair it is a pleasure to wear this avatar as they beat us fair and square and were the better team for the the game. The crowd was amazing and the experience was equally fantastic. Free beers where-ever we walked with our Dinos shirts on and tailgaters with class everywhere. A great w/e and We PLAN to be back next year (probably for an exhibition game)!!

marton
2013-11-29, 12:43
Oh but we fully expect you to be back in November for the Uteck Bowl! The rematch should be interesting.

jspickle
2013-11-30, 03:06
as much as i loathe seeing laval win :mad:,the rouge et or are simply the best team in the cis and have been for awhile and heres the reason in my opinion498 and im done with this laval praise:D .

Dino77
2013-12-06, 03:23
Well time is up and now it is back to the Calgary side. I appreciate the Laval R&O but will now stand for Calgary again. We will see THEM again in short notice in the exhibition season and in the playoffs so GO DINOS!!