PDA

View Full Version : Calling the «mud» lovers

Bizz
2013-11-11, 14:53
Two-Four is stuck on «We'll see» and other AUS hard ones are still stunned cause they'll be represented by the Mounties.

So, the odds are against Laval in this one, long bus ride, no hotel nearby, slush-mud field, stadium jam-packed (~250 people) with boisterous cod-loving fans (or is it krill ?).

How about backing what you praised all year, that the AUS is worthy of something ?

I hereby gently put my glove on the mud (not to get all dirty) and challenge all AUS die-hard (that should be about 2 or 3 - La Tuque doesn't count) to a «standard avatar challenge» :

- loser will have to wear the winning team avatar for a week
- loser will have to post once a day during said week, praising the winning Lav... errr team.

A no-show would prove me that you simply don't beleive what you post. In fact, I don't even expect a response, we'll see !!!

two four
2013-11-11, 15:02
I'm in! Go Mounties....represent!

Fenris
2013-11-11, 15:17
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! You beat me to it!

Fenris
2013-11-11, 15:27
Okay. We'll use your thread.

I'm in, of course, and I add the personnal rider that Laval must make at least two TDs.

La Tuque can take up my glove but be careful with it, stainless steel gauntlets rust in contact with salt and I still need it to hit Carabins with.

Let's be more formal.

I hereby throw my gauntlet at your feet to challenge thee to an avatar challenge.

Fenris
2013-11-11, 15:32
Thinking of this game, I realize Laval's players will all get to the Vanier with silky smooth skins as mud reportedly has that effect on skin...

jspickle
2013-11-11, 15:39
Okay. We'll use your thread.

Laval must make at least two TDs.

Let's be more formal.

I hereby throw my gauntlet at your feet to challenge thee to an avatar challenge.
well thats going out on a limb ;)

Fenris
2013-11-11, 15:42
​They didn't make even one last game. shhhhh.

boysda
2013-11-11, 15:45
In.

i'll have to remember how to change my Avatar, but what the hell

(and for the record, that Dog in my current avatar is of Quebecois descent. I'm pretty sure she's a Bishop's fan, however)

Guster
2013-11-11, 21:28
In.

(and for the record, that Dog in my current avatar is of Quebecois descent. I'm pretty sure she's a Bishop's fan, however)
:cool: Nice!

Fenris
2013-11-12, 01:59
In.

Beautiful Griphon Kortal by the way.

boysda
2013-11-12, 02:12
Beautiful Griphon Kortal by the way.

WOW-excellent ID. no one down here ever recognizes the breed. Thanks.

The wife let me get her as a replacement for the oldest son when he went to MTA.

Fenris
2013-11-12, 02:27
WOW-excellent ID. no one down here ever recognizes the breed. Thanks.

The wife let me get her as a replacement for the oldest son when he went to MTA.

I'm nearly as passionate about football as I am about dogs... or maybe it's the other way around.

la Tuque
2013-11-12, 02:54
La Tuque can take up my glove but be careful with it, stainless steel gauntlets rust in contact with salt and I still need it to hit Carabins with.

Let's be more formal.

I'm sitting this one out, my friend.

My lifetime record in dot.org avatar challenges is totally atrocious. There is no doubt in my or anybody else' mind that I'm jinked, and I sure don't want to jink Mount A. http://www.ruedusmiley.com/emoticones/humour%20%281%29.gif

Don't get me wrong - I'm not chickening out. Avatar challenges are in my DNA. Consequently, I'm cheering for Laval, hoping to really jink them... :evil:

Shawa
2013-11-12, 06:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjE2sxCQ_rU

Challenge accepted.

Mount A's fans' will have to drown their tears in mud and potatoes.

Fenris
2013-11-13, 08:54
I'm sitting this one out, my friend.

My lifetime record in dot.org avatar challenges is totally atrocious. There is no doubt in my or anybody else' mind that I'm jinked, and I sure don't want to jink Mount A.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not chickening out. Avatar challenges are in my DNA. Consequently, I'm cheering for Laval, hoping to really jink them... :evil:

Aw. Too bad. Then I take up my gauntlet and look aroung to fling it into the face of the first Mount Allison fan I can find, hoping it's not an impossible quest.:evil:

1000 miles
2013-11-13, 09:08
I'm in. Allez les Mounties!

Le Mount A Twin
2013-11-14, 05:54
Aw. Too bad. Then I take up my gauntlet and look around to fling it into the face of the first Mount Allison fan I can find, hoping it's not an impossible quest.:evil:
Look no more!!! I'M IN!!! :evil:

My Twin pointed out that the last time I took part in an Avatar challenge was when MY team played the R&O at the PEPS back in October 2009. That challenge really got out of hands because R&O fans played a mind game with MTA fans and insisted in giving them up to 35 points in a spread. Unfortunately, many MTA rookies read the Avatar thread and allowed Laval to score 72 points against them.

Well, that was then and now is now... Therefore, I feel I should extend the same courtesy towards you in this challenge. So, considering that, in the playoffs,

Laval only managed to score 32 points against Sherby
Laval only managed to score 14 points against the Carabins
Laval was unable to score a TD against the Carabins, and
the Carabins would have won the game if they had not gratuitously given all those safeties to the R&O

So, I will spot you four safeties towards the final score.

Well, the shoe is on the other hand now because

It's Laval that is traveling by bus and will experience the wobbly legs
Laval is coming to OUR HOUSE and Glen is so scared that he has Laval room in another province before the game
Laval hasn't play on a schitty field since they last went to the 'Nish back in 2005
Laval does not expect the gathering of rabid AUS fans cheering for our Maritime warriors at the game

As a final gesture of good will, I hereby relieve you of having to praise Mount A's greatness on this forum after our win... :evil:

Fenris
2013-11-20, 08:08
(Fenris is looking around)
There's something missing here. Let's see... the Avatar are there, the frame for the message, the title... Ah yes! It's missing some praises...

boysda
2013-11-20, 16:56
Been on the road. I'll try to catch up.

Laval is undoubtably the premier program in the CIS

The Laval model is to be admired, if not emulated, by the rest of us.

Laval fans always seem to pick the prettiest sheep in the flock.

Hows that?

Fenris
2013-11-21, 02:06
Very good, including the sheep...:D

Bizz
2013-11-21, 02:12
Didn't recognized you Boysda with this beautiful avatar.

boysda
2013-11-21, 03:26
I feel so...overfunded