PDA

View Full Version : AVATAR CHALLENGES 101 ...how they work

Spud
2007-09-04, 12:39
Here is the official SPUDIAN RULES for AVATAR Challenges.

First of all...you must have an Avatar...CJ has lots of stock Avatars to pick from.....just follow the directions and in your profile to upload an avatar from the program you support.

Second.....find a worthy foe.....some blowhard who constantly is going on and on about his team...the kind of fan that gets under your skin (there are no shortage of them on this site.:cool: )

Third.....Issue an OFFICIAL AVATAR CHALLENGE in the PUB......sometimes it helps to send along a private message as well, as not everyone hangs out in the bar:confused: .The Challenge of course being that your team will beat theirs. This is very important......you must be creative in issuing a challenge....you can't just say...hey Laval Fan....I challenge you to an Avatar bet.....no no.....instead say something like....HEY YOU POINTY KNEED WEENIE, You sidewalk painting, Kmart Shopping, don't know the rules...Wanker....I challenge you....etc etc etc:D

Fourth....any proud fan would find the time to post a few lively taunts back and forth during the build up to the game.:o

Fifth.....The winner keeps his or her Avatar, and the LOSER must wear an Avatar of the winners chosing for one full week (challenges usually end the night before the next game)...in most cases the winner will just tell the loser that they have to change their avatar to the winning teams avatar...again CJ has many stock Avatars to pick from. (However, its always nice to have something customized for your new friend....but for newbies perhaps you should stick to stock avatars.):cool:

Sixth.....The loser must make at least one post a day every day during their week of shame. I have always prided myself on being just as verbose after a loss as after a win....but the minimum requirement is atleast one post per day.

Have you always wanted to see one of your dot org pals wear your school avatar?....you know...the guy/gal that constantly hijacks your threads, telling you how bad your school/coach/program/city is or how your mother wears army boots, or your sister has a mustache?:D

This is your chance to get even....and a great source of entertainment here at Dot Org.:D :D :D

professor x
2007-09-04, 13:05
Sixth.....The loser must make at least one post a day every day during their week of shame. I have always prided myself on being just as verbose after a loss as after a win....but the minimum requirement is atleast one post per day.

This is just something Spud made up last year and tried to pass off as part of the official rules :rolleyes:. It's NOT really part of a "traditional" Avatar Challenge, ie the kind that our forebears have done since X used to pound SMU back in the stone age and SMU had to smear X's all over the walls of their cave using Mammoth bile. By the way, "Pounding SMU back to the stone age" was called "Pounding SMU back to the Pre-Cambrian Period" back then.

The real rule should read "Beyond just wearing the avatar of your opponent's choice, further things may be wagered provided the terms are laid out clearly and agreed on by both participants prior to the game".

In some cases this can involve saying something nice about the other team for the entire week. It can involve things like long series of really bad poetry, or even exchanges of hard liquor via mail :o

I plan on betting my avatar a lot this year, and (win or lose) I definitely don't plan on saying something nice about X's opponents every day for a week thereafter. If the season goes like last year's did, I'd be mailing spud my carpal tunnel rehab bill :D

buttttt, so Spud doesn't cry about it, I will honour "Spudian Avatar Challlenge Rule #6" for this week, if X were to lose.

GoldenGuy
2007-09-04, 13:12
What about the traditional rule that Spud always loses avatar challenges?

la Tuque
2007-09-04, 13:46
Spud: you overlooked this one:

Seventh: when referring to their adversaries and throwing nasty names at them, posters MUST always treat

WITH UTMOST RESPECT

their opponent's establishment of higher learning, the city/town/village/swamp where they are located and the fine traditions they represent.

:D :D :D

marton
2007-09-04, 14:18
Doesn't apply this week, they play X. Spud can win those... but only those. :)

Bizz
2007-09-04, 14:22
Is it a rule or a fact of life ?? :)

PS : for newbies, there's no pride in challenging a perpetual loser... :D

Bizz
2007-09-04, 14:27
...This is just something Spud made up last year and tried to pass off as part of the official rules :rolleyes:...
Sorry, but the rule was part of the official challenges. I must admit tough that it somewhat «evolved» into poetry and liquor exchange. Since Spud is bound to lose many of his challenges, I strongly suggest you read carefully what he considers as praising the other team. He's very «creative» about it...:rolleyes:

Bizz
2007-09-04, 15:12
Still one thing missing :

Official acceptance of an avatar challenge are the words «I'm in».

Of course, these words can be preceeded by an elaborate and subtle text describing the futile role the opposing team can play on the field, or whatever may be suited to make the challenger feel like he(she) is no more than a nuisance and why he(she) must be treated like it.

Example :

Cardinal Bizz slowly bends himself, take «challenger» unsniffable and pierced sock from the ground, put a rock big enough so it doesn't go tru the holes and slam «challenger» face saying the usual : I'm in !

Spud
2007-09-17, 07:49
CJ can we make this a sticky so people know how they work....

Spud
2007-10-01, 08:43
CJ can you sticky this now in its new home? :-)