PDA

View Full Version : Challenge to Montreal

Fenris
2012-10-02, 12:29
Here it is. Let us renew with the ancestral tradition of the avatar challenge.

Since the Montreal - Laval ennemity is at a turning point, Laval being the underdog or at least under Montreal in the nationnal top ten. I believe we should make this challenge a special one. Luckily, there are two games back to back.

Let's start with the first usual rules.
Whoever loses has to wear the avatar of the other team or one chosen by a betting member of the other team.

For a whole week, the losers will get here every day to post a positive comment about the winning team. Humorous comments are welcome but humorous compliments are good only if they haven't already been used. For example, supposing Laval wins, saying "Laval is a plaindrome" is not acceptable since it's been brought to us by CSTBrophy many years ago.

To make it more fun, anyone getting in for this week is also in for the next one. To make it even more fun, if one team gets two out of two, the losing side will have to glorify the other team one more week. In other words, if Laval wins two, the losers will have to compliment the other for three weeks. One after each game and one more because they lost both game.

Guys, this is going to be for the thoughest among us. Real men have to speak up and say "I'M IN".

Fenris
2012-10-02, 12:34
Of course, I'm IN.

There are many ways to challenge someone in the multiverse. Here is one.

Fenris moves toward Russell, He takes one, two, three steps and throw his right foot toward Russell's groin stopping before hitting just when the later has half-crouched and put his knees together. He then hits Russell in the face with his thin leather glove. Twice.

I hereby challenge you.

Phil_B
2012-10-02, 15:39
Ça sent la poule mouillé!

C'MON, do not be ashamed to cheer for the Bums, put your pride on the line.

I AM IN! The Champions will be the Bums by 2 TDs.

Guster
2012-10-09, 19:04
Okay, so no one entered the fray last week. What about this week!
C'mon man ( can't believe my iPad put c'mon in automatically)
Just looking for some good smack talk !

Russell2000
2012-10-11, 13:31
I'M IN

No chance at the PEPS last Sunday but this week the Carabins have a legitimate shot and I'm willing to take the challenge. :)

Having to choose Laval over the Carbs in Slew's pool is pure pain :( but business is business. And since Everybody is picking Laval , it doesn't matter anyway !

If the Carabins can turn the favor to Laval at the beginning of the game ( quick 10-14 pts ) then they have a good chance. Remember : Montreal outrageously dominated the 4 th quarter ;) so if they can bring that momentum on Saturday ...Watch out !!

QB Grenon may be " playing the best football of his life " but he's still unproven !! He may see some serious GRAY and who knows how he'll react since he has not been tested so far this year !!

marton
2012-10-11, 13:44
QB Grenon may be " playing the best football of his life " but he's still unproven !!
Not that bad when there's ample proof that Nadeau-Piuze is no good.

Guster
2012-10-11, 19:15
[COLOR="Blue"]
?.....Remember : Montreal outrageously dominated the 4 th quarter ;) ........

QB Grenon may be " playing the best football of his life " but he's still unproven !! He may see some serious GRAY and who knows how he'll react since he has not been tested so far this year !!

Not that bad when there's ample proof that Nadeau-Piuze is no good.

Ooh ya......smack talk is on! :D:D:D

CalgDinosFan
2012-10-13, 12:31
So who gets to eat crow? No Mtl fan said I'm in for week 1... but no Laval fan said whether their "I'm in" would carry over to week 2.

Phil... ca sent-tu encore la Poule Mouillé?!:D ;)

Guster
2012-10-13, 19:40
I'd say that Marton , who was the only Laval fan to reply.....although not saying he's in ..... Marton should change the colour of his cape to blue for the next week. :)

Fenris
2012-10-14, 01:58
So who gets to eat crow? No Mtl fan said I'm in for week 1... but no Laval fan said whether their "I'm in" would carry over to week 2.

Phil... ca sent-tu encore la Poule Mouillé?!:D ;)

I started it and said I'm in for the two week. Even if Russell didn't accept the whole deal, I'll take my side of the bargain.. up to a point.

Day one.
I can't believe these cheaters... Oops.
Okay an easy one to start... Rotrand Sené is the best RB in RSEQ bar none.
I didn't remember how much this hurts.

See ya tomorow.

Russell2000
2012-10-15, 13:20
Fenris !!

Thanks for keeping your word !!:) I know how painful it must be ! You’re a man of Honor , unlike :mad:

Laval’s Minister of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda , Dr. Phil B., gone AWOL without fulfilling his commitments !! :D

So, I’ve decided to help him , at least for the first few days ::rolleyes:

Sunday : Montreal has by far the best uniforms in the Q .

Monday : Fans at the CEPSUM make the PEPS look like a funeral home.

Tuesday : Montreal coaching staff don’t do maths … they just try to win football games.

Come on Phil , fulfill !!

Fenris
2012-10-15, 14:07
I must rreally? I'm a man of my word. *sigh*

Maciocia is so crooked in his game plans he could walk through a corkscrew sideways. Hard to fathom and always surprising.

Guys, this really hurt. I'm going to rest now.

By the way, Phil B was in for the two weeks deal. I could have slipped away with that excuse too.

la Tuque
2012-10-15, 14:22
... Let's start with the first usual rules.
Whoever loses has to wear the avatar of the other team or one chosen by a betting member of the other team.

For a whole week, the losers will get here every day to post a positive comment about the winning team.

OK. That's quite clear!

... I'm a man of my word. *sigh*

Maciocia is so crooked in his game plans he could walk through a corkscrew sideways. Hard to fathom and always surprising.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Seems to me your Avatar can hardly be one of the acceptable patterns for the Carabins.

Also, the positive aspect of your comment eludes me...

Russ will drop significantly in my esteem should he accept this standard as coming from one purporting to "being a man of my word"...

But who knows. He's a Carabins fan after all... :D

Fenris
2012-10-15, 16:32
OK. That's quite clear!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Seems to me your Avatar can hardly be one of the acceptable patterns for the Carabins.

Also, the positive aspect of your comment eludes me...

Russ will drop significantly in my esteem should he accept this standard as coming from one purporting to "being a man of my word"...

But who knows. He's a Carabins fan after all... :D

Sorry for the avatar, I forgot. It's done now.

As for my comment about Maciocia, I really mean he's the most unpredictable in his game plans aside from the fact that it will include at least a surprise somewhere. This is a great quality in a coach.

Now, LT, I appreciate you in many ways but you're bullying in the challenge I threw and painfully lost. Please, as I already feel like I've been thrown out and left on the ground, don't wipe your spiked shoes on me. :p

Russell2000
2012-10-15, 17:18
OK fenris !! I officially relieve you from any pro-Carabins comments !! As for the avatar , altought it’s pure joy to see “ fenris as with a Carabin” avatar , IT’S OFF !!:)

Too much confusion about this challenge !! I chickened out week 1 so I don’t think you have to humiliate yourself anymore for week 2 !! Let’s call it a draw and take a raincheck to the DUNSMORE !! ;)

That’s also good for Dr. Phil B. ….. you can get out of hiding !! IT’S A DRAW !!

But if you and Dr. Phil B. are willing to upgrade the stakes$$$ for the Dunsmore , it’s your call folks !! I’m ready and let’s make it an “ interesting “challenge . :cool::cool:

I’m not worried at all after seeing the performance of Laval’s QB , Tristan ( Grenouille ) Grenon. The Dunsmore will change hands in 2012 !! ACADIA–MONTREAL …. Toronto here we come !! :D:D

HEY my friend LATUQUE !! Glad to hear from you !! Now that you’re back from the bush , are you gonna stay or leave next week to work on your SKI-DOO ??? BTW amigo , working hard to make sure you don’t send your bottle elsewhere but to my place !! :)

la Tuque
2012-10-16, 04:30
... Now, LT, I appreciate you in many ways but you're bullying in the challenge I threw and painfully lost. Please, as I already feel like I've been thrown out and left on the ground, don't wipe your spiked shoes on me. :p
Oh my gosh!!!

You lose 3 Avatar challenges in the past 7 years and you expect sympathy from me, the uncontested winner of Avatar challenge losses? Did you ever show sympathy towards me at any time I lost an Avatar challenge, even on those lost to Mount A? I would think not!!! :mad:

Here it is. Let us renew with the ancestral tradition of the avatar challenge...

... Guys, this is going to be for the toughest among us. Real men have to speak up and say "I'M IN".
You realize, I hope, that by not keeping your word, you excluded yourself from the selected group of real men on this forum. In fact, since Spud abdicated and Prof X got hooked on watching live ping pong, I am convinced that I am the ONLY REAL MAN LEFT on dot.org, , even if I'm known to wear a pretty summer dress on occasion... :o

In fact, based on the Avatar Challenge win/loss records I keep, Lady Trk is more of a real man than you are... :p

Just so you know, I really HATE losing Avatar challenges, almost as much as I hate moose hunting. That's why I go deep in the woods for a month in the fall to hunt, knowing that if I don't bag a moose, at least they won't laugh at me in public...

la Tuque
2012-10-16, 04:47
... HEY my friend LATUQUE !! Glad to hear from you !! Now that you’re back from the bush , are you gonna stay or leave next week to work on your SKI-DOO ??? BTW amigo , working hard to make sure you don’t send your bottle elsewhere but to my place !! :)
Hey Buddy,

I'm back in lovely but polluted Montréal till the end of the CIS football season, although I may make another quick trip to the 'Nish to assist the coaching staff again in winning a few games, relying on the game plan the Carabins used last Saturday against Laval... :D

I'll likely be at the McGill @ Montréal game Saturday (3rd & inches to note) and at the Laval @ Concordia next week. Then to the Peps for the Sherb @ Laval playoff, followed by Halifax for the Loney bowl between Mount A @ St Fx, and I sure won't miss the Dunsmore in Montréal, where I hope we can drink that bottle I will owe you... :D

Do you still have my reserved ticket in the VIP section at the Peps?

marton
2012-10-16, 04:57
Then to the Peps for the Sherb @ Laval playoff
That would be a surprising matchup. In fact I believe Sherbrooke have clinched 3rd.

Then again I suppose it's still possible Laval could finish 2nd.

la Tuque
2012-10-16, 05:03
That would be a surprising matchup. In fact I believe Sherbrooke have clinched 3rd.

Then again I suppose it's still possible Laval could finish 2nd.
You should know I don't have a darn clue of what I'm talking about when it comes to CIS football... :confused:

BTW, I picked Concordia for the win this weekend. So, knowing my record for picking winners, that should help Sherb. :D

Russell2000
2012-10-16, 07:35
I'm back in lovely but polluted Montréal

Make yourself a favor and don't read the newspapers of the past few weeks !
You may go straight back to the woods and never come back ;)

Do you still have my reserved ticket in the VIP section at the Peps?

Yes of course ! So are you planning to come to the last home game on Nov. 3 ?

la Tuque
2012-10-16, 08:03
... So are you planning to come to the last home game on Nov. 3 ?
For sure. I also hope Fenris shows up at Bizz' tailgate so I can insult him properly without resorting to this forum... :D ;)

Fenris
2012-10-17, 02:33
For sure. I also hope Fenris shows up at Bizz' tailgate so I can insult him properly without resorting to this forum... :D ;)

You're threading on thin ice...:p:D:D:D

Note: In this case, :D doesn't mean I laugh but that I smile like a dragon seeing his lunch wrapped in armor comming.

Fenris
2012-10-17, 02:34
This isn't a nightmare?

Okay. *Take a deep breath.*
Davidson is a fabulous receiver that synchronize marvelously with Nadeau piuze.

Fenris
2012-10-17, 02:46
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! I missed a day. Now it's going to be twice as painful.

*Sigh* ... or should that be "shig"? Nah! It doesn't quite add up.

Montreal can step up to play their toughest games. That's impressive.

LT

Unlike you, I don't lose many avatar challenge. My back isn't scar tissu right down to my spinal cord. It still hurt for me.

Of curse... I mean of course you hate losing. To love losing isn't among you (apparently) (many) vices. (Oops. I thought too loud there.):p

Finally, do you really keep a record of the win/loss avatar chalenge?:eek:

Bizz
2012-10-17, 03:56
......Finally, do you really keep a record of the win/loss avatar chalenge?:eek:
Don't know about LT, but I do....only remembering the ones I won ! :p

la Tuque
2012-10-17, 05:00
... Finally, do you really keep a record of the win/loss avatar chalenge?:eek:
Of course I do. I want to learn as much as possible about CIS football & this is part of the learning process. I'd rather do that than run the wager poll that Slew does... :D

I'm so dedicated that, for years, I kept a spreadsheet with the handle of all members, the date they posted, a link to their posts and a running total of all their posts, till I found out that dot.org did that automatically... :o

Fenris
2012-10-17, 14:46
Of course I do. I want to learn as much as possible about CIS football & this is part of the learning process. I'd rather do that than run the wager poll that Slew does... :D

I'm so dedicated that, for years, I kept a spreadsheet with the handle of all members, the date they posted, a link to their posts and a running total of all their posts, till I found out that dot.org did that automatically... :o

Psst. Just between you and me, what was Spud's cumulative win/loss record?:p

la Tuque
2012-10-17, 15:30
Psst. Just between you and me, what was Spud's cumulative win/loss record?:p
:D :D :D

Fenris
2012-10-18, 14:16
*Take a deep breath*
*sigh*
*Take a deep breath*
*sigh*

Montreal offense is balanced and has weapons both in the air and on the ground.

Seriously, I really must do this another two days? :(

For the record Russell, I'll ddrink the wine to the dregs but there's a couple of Carabins' fans that better own up when the Dunsmore comes. :D *

* This is again the dragon smile...

Fenris
2012-10-19, 18:46
I'm a little late today. Let's do it. Just one day left.

Montreal coaching staff adapt fast all game long.

Russell I hope you'll be there at the Dunsmore and bet your avatar or I'll call the liberal party.. oops, I mean the mafia to send hitmen after you. :p

Fenris
2012-10-20, 03:53
Okay. Last time.

Montreal is a complete team, offense, defense and special teams.

Now to wait one more day to jetison that ugly avatar...